Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see my choice has a bad rep on theses forums
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...temgale/simple
    "Your mother was a wrench and your father smelled of seaforium!" - Stormforged Taskmaster

its a numbers game really , blood elfs are most popular , so ur more likely to fine ones you hate , same with undead.

I play all races I think all in all people will be drawn to the races with the highest polygon count untill blizz redoes models

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 03:38 AM ----------

and watch out for any guys playing a girl char

I think its interesting the way WoW is evolving socially... the culture is experience racial stereotypes now, as existed 50-100 years ago. I remember reading that the anglo race was considered superior in all ways due to their genes and you could tell everything about someone's personality, temperment and worthiness based on the way they appear physically on the exterior...I was surprised at the question, but after reading all the responses, starting to wonder the type of people who play this game now. I think this thread says more about the person than the race they play, and almost all the previous replies are different races themselves it sounds like, I think this disproves the question already.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    its a numbers game really , blood elfs are most popular , so ur more likely to fine ones you hate , same with undead.

I play all races I think all in all people will be drawn to the races with the highest polygon count untill blizz redoes models

Real girls don't play WoW anyway... ha, I kid :P

Mostly play horde but the worst (skill and unaware) players I've seen in game are Male Belfs. I really have an issue w/male humans and male Nelf males tend to be douchy too, arrogant and poor winners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    No. everyone's mileage varies. playing a race has no affect on a player's personality.
    Maybe we should inspect what was the first "serious" character's race that people rolled. When they didn't know anything about class differences or lore than what they knew from Warcraft 1/2/3 or the description box next to the character creation screen. Male human paladin was my first char and has also always been my main.

Btw I know this is pretty random, but I felt the need to say that you used effect when you should have used affect.

i typically find that druids of all types are deuches, however blood elves are usually pretty bad too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I'm a dick regardless of what characters I play. Anything but Elves and Gnomes.
    <CKN>
    East Coast US Progression Guild
    Now recruiting exceptional raiders for our core 40 mans!

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Blood elf DKs, Night Elf DKs, Undead DKs.. noticing a pattern here?
    they all hav the letter E in the names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post

haha...when I rolled the female BE, I did develop a bit of an attitude after a few levels... I started as friendly as any other alts, though after a few levels of being hooted, hollered and whistled at, receiving unsolicited attention from every tom, dick and harry, eventually I grew tough skin. I know I became less friendly when playing that character simply to the way being socialized by other players. I compare it to the way pretty girls get attention in real life, if you don't know what I mean and you want to, roll a nice looking BE female and you'll know before level 10. it gets annoying real fast. it may be guys just joking thinking "let me whistle at this pretty noob BE who I think is a girl in real life" not realizing its the 100th time I've been whistled in 5 minutes just walking to the auction house. to that end, I think real girl players probably sometimes play male characters just because they want to get away from the attention. it gets annoying after a while.

Playing Alliance, The annoying a-holes are ALWAYS human, seems like every other race is full of really nice people. However, I will say that the people on the horde side (on my server at least) are the reason that I play alliance. I played an alt to lvl 50 in classic as a horde shaman and not 1 person was EVER helpful, nice, or even tolerable. Needless to say, that character was deleted when the Draenei was released in TBC.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

As a Horde player on Exodar, I've noticed that Forsaken are almost always immature and Trolls tend to be pretty laid back and easy to get along with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Yeah, let's the stereotype everyone in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I would say the answer is no. A chose race does not effect the players personality. However, players of a certain personalities tend to gravitate towards certain races/classes.
    This is probably the safer hypothesis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Btw I know this is pretty random, but I felt the need to say that you used effect when you should have used affect.
    Because this has a great importance for the subject at hand *nods in agreement*

You're right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinderwurst View Post
    I tend to stay away from Blood Elf anything because they A. Don't know how to play at all, and/or B. Are jackasses.
    Right because horde paladins have so many options of races to choose from.
    Last edited by archangelz; 2010-07-31 at 04:15 AM.

The humorous thing is that this isn't much better than racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Samdark View Post
    The humorous thing is that this isn't much better than racism.
    stereotyping is not racism, now if people were saying my race is better than theres or i hate that race then yes that is racism.

>>>>WARING! OPINIONS AHEAD!!!!

Bro Tier: Dwarves, Trolls
    High Tier: Tauren, Dreanai
    Mid Tier: Gnome, Orc, Human
    Low Tier: Night elf, undead
    No Tier: Blood elf

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    stereotyping is not racism, now if people were saying my race is better than theres or i hate that race then yes that is racism.
    Technically, though, some races are better than others for certain class/specs and for PvE/PvP than other races...
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.