Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    my old GM was a security guard and we would tell us stories about his work
    how he would pick up chicks at the door and take them home.......
    how the accountant got "1shot" by thugs..
    and more

another wierd thing i have encountered is a lvl 40 something troll riding a raptor can up to me and showed me 100k gold and a lot of BoE epics in trade
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Captainplanet View Post
    only one thing bothers me, i think the wierd person here is me for wanting to help these people.... over the internet..... on WoW of all places
    it still beats trying to do that on runescape
    Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nollie View Post
    I once met a brother and sister (brother played a human warrior, sister played a nightelf priest) who actually had "you-know-what" with eachother on multiple occasions. Obviously -- I don't have any proof that they ever actually did, but they sounded dead serious when talking to me about it late at night on vent after a Kara run.

Keep in mind that it was just me, and them. So it wasn't some sort of joke for the guild to hear. It was super creepy and I'll never forget how awkward I felt whilst trying to come up with a reason to politely end the conversation and leave vent. Eventually I had no choice but to pull off a fake disconnect.
    Hot.

Guy on my RP server used to run a cult. Everyone thought it was a great RP idea until we realized...he was fucking running a cult. His guild members were terrified of him and said they "couldn't" leave the guild even after the guy went totally apeshit and everyone started to see him for what he was.

We eventually ran him and his few inner circle off the realm. Not before he threatened to kill someone's baby on the realm forums and did a lot of other insane shit. He came back a year or so later and yelled at me in a chat channel. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    <---

I once caught a friend of mine fapping to a dancing Night Elf....Which I thinks is weird, Blood Elf females are way hotter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainplanet View Post
    only one thing bothers me, i think the wierd person here is me for wanting to help these people.... over the internet..... on WoW of all places
    Reminds me of helping people through their issues over msn / icq chat at 3am some mornings during the late 90s. Some seriously needy and insecure people out there. >.>
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nollie View Post
    I once met a brother and sister (brother played a human warrior, sister played a nightelf priest) who actually had "you-know-what" with eachother on multiple occasions. Obviously -- I don't have any proof that they ever actually did, but they sounded dead serious when talking to me about it late at night on vent after a Kara run.

Keep in mind that it was just me, and them. So it wasn't some sort of joke for the guild to hear. It was super creepy and I'll never forget how awkward I felt whilst trying to come up with a reason to politely end the conversation and leave vent. Eventually I had no choice but to pull off a fake disconnect.
    Wtf thats some stuffed up stuff

Its not so much weird as funny but if anyone here plays Horde on Thaurissan back in BC days I think it was, this troll mage called Markface used to constantly spam his name in city chat like MAAAARRRRRRRRRRKKKKFACEEEEEE etc and although he seemed to get a temp ban a few times he kept coming back but I haven't seen him really for a long time doing it so he might have gotten a permanent ban or stopped playing.

Deleted
    my ex really used to attract weirdo's, during her first two levels of wow she met someone asking a quantumzillion questions about ''how sex feels?''

Ive met a lot of colorful people on good ol Azjol Nerub, but i think one of the most eccentric and interesting, i met when i rolled my first horde toon. I was running around on my little tauren sham, maybe around 12, when i got invited into this leveling guild wehre the highest level person was like in their 20s. they were kind of goony but they had a good time, and it was nice to see action in guildchat. Someone in the guild was an Undead Mage, and the guy was new to wow.

he asked for help on guildchat one fine day, saying he needed help getting back to his body. i figured he just needed to be pointed in the right direction, so i started the common strand of directions (follow the arrow to your body etc) but he said it wasnt showing up. keep in mind this guy is like, level 10 or so.

the guild roster said he was in durotar, so figured if he could say what killed him it would offer a clue of where he actually died at. and he told me that he was eaten by a level ?? shark.

In Durotar!

apparently the little guy wandered out of silverpine, all the way to durotar, swam out to sea on a whim, and got chewed up by elite sharks that patrol the steep ocean waters like theoens in westfall. it wasnt easy getting exact details because he was still learning english. i had to go shortly after but another couple of guildies had arrived by then to figure out the mystery, and the next time i saw him he had his body back.

what i discovered about him later was that he was the superintendent of a building in new york--one of those that see a lot of wear and tear and arent in a great part of town. He indeed came from somewhere in Europe (not england, i dont remember which country though) and he would walk tirelessly exploring everywhere he could. after coming to New York, he would let people off the street stay in his building if he had room, which i fretted over in case he let a serial killer in or something. in the game he became somone obsessed with exploring and exclaiming over every small, interesting thing to cross his path, and professed to always want an ingame pet dragon--asking if he was able to get one at his level, and what vendor sold them.

Sadly he stopped playing before the 5th anniversary where the onyxian drakes were given away to everyone for free(missing it by a mere week), and hadnt seen him since. it is my deep and sincere hope that he is still ok, and that his kindness didnt cost him. His name was Peaceorwar, and he was peculier, but he shone.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2010-08-10 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

I have read thru this and haven't seen my name mentioned...hmmmm. What I have learned is that people who play this game are not normal from society's point of view. But I also belive we are a growing majority.

Anyway, I was on my female Blood rogue (I am really female) and this person whispers me out of nowhere..
    "You female in Real life?"
    Ummm, why?
    Just trying to make friends.
    Well, that is a very weird way to make friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met a guy that liked Gnomes. Fucking scared the Hell out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfile View Post
    20.OOO.OOO*10^3 euros
    you just got math-served
    Those are O's, not 0's, therefore not math.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Reminds me of helping people through their issues over msn / icq chat at 3am some mornings during the late 90s. Some seriously needy and insecure people out there. >.>
    I used to do this as well. I never had much confidence so I put all my effort into helping other people as I thought I'd never be able to help myself. Helped a lot of people, but some just got even crazier. Great many nights spent helping random people, weird, yet interesting chapter in my life.

For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

Iet a weird hunter the other day while tanking, stoped mind raid to beg people to loot dogs at the start of the instance. When it came toy loot I said no we are going to continue stop slowing us down. So he goes off saying I'm a a-hole tank and I get removed from group. Find it weird, remove the tank that's doing their job while their pulling mobs. Both weird and stupid, group mostlikey wiped, maybe that's not weird person just a typical random retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglywho View Post
    Those are O's, not 0's, therefore not math.
    And even if they were zero's in stead of "O's" it would still be a billion and not a million, just because a number has a million in it doesn't make it a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Thrust View Post
    There are two strange people I've met in World of Warcraft.
    I met a pedophile on my old server. At first I thought he was nice, lending me gold that would give me my epic flyer (of course I payed him back) and such. One day, he starts telling me about all of his connections with the top raid leaders of the server and says that he could get me a ton of titles/gear if I sent him a video of myself in the nude. This freaked me out and after scamming him for about half a year, I left the server.
    He's in prison now for various charges, not related to me in any way.

I enjoy flirting. It's an enjoyable activity and when the female that I'm doing it to responds well, I have a good time. This time, she took it too far.
    A friend and I decided we'd run some old BC raids. We get a few people together for SSC and my friend and I notice they have the same names. My friend and I talk casually in raid chat, not really caring who was reading what we said. She whispered me about something in a flirtatious manner. We go on with this during the entire raid and at the end, became friends. Later on that night, she asks for my email address and give it to her without any thoughts to the matter.
    I check my email the next day and find pictures of her in the nude, showing every detail of her body in every which way. I promptly delete the email as she looked underage and forget about it by finding an activity away from the computer.
    The next day I receive another email of how she wants me to take her virginity and she has many different daydreams in which I do odd things to her. I reply by asking what her age was and not long after I learn she's 3 years younger than me at the age of 16. I gave her an appropriate response and told her "If in two years you're still a virgin, I'll go for it."
    We stayed in contact for a short while. Nearly a week after the incident of my response, she states that she lost it to some guy at a party.
    I lost interest, but she did not lose interest in me. Now I check that old email every once in a while to see what may be there and about once a month I get a long disturbing email of things she's done and how she feels about everything in the world.
    you sir are the weirdest person on world of warcraft

Weird people, huh?

There was this dude on Silver Hand who I sorta became friends with. He would talk to me about how he used to be in my guild (Horde-side) and how he liked to join them for raids, etc. He would always whisper me as soon as I logged in and I always tried to be nice since he said he never had anyone to really talk with. Turns out, this dude didn't leave my guild of his own choice.

He'd been removed because he used to whisper the guild leader and other officers and tell them how much he liked them and how cool he thought they all were. Okay, a bit of ego stroking never hurt, right? Well, it got worse. He began to become obsessed with knowing every thing about these people (both their characters and their IRL selves) and he began to stalk them. Especially those in the guild who he knew were female. He would whisper and converse with them and get extremely personal with them all the time, and if they weren't in game, he'd go to the guild website and stalk them there.

He got kicked out after crossing the line. Later, after I joined the guild, he began to do the same thing with me simply because I was part of the guild. I play a male toon, so it wasn't too bad when he first started to talk to me. Then he found out I was a girl IRL and it got a lot worse. Needless to say, he ended up being ignored by me for the most part.

Well, about 5 years ago, I was on my Hunter who was about 33 at the time, and some random person asked if I could run them to Booty Bay. (I was at Nessingwary's Camp)

So, I'm fine with that, so I meet up with them, and they're a level 1 female human warrior. (And I'm a male dwarf hunter. I dunno why I should point this out, but whatever)

So I think "Hey, this might get kinda messy" but we start running, and running, and running, and about halfway through, the person strips down to nothing, keeps following me and starts saying very odd things, and also types /eat targeting me a whole bunch of times.

I know much stranger stuff goes on in the game, but this was just one of those situations that left me thinking "What just happened?"

(Also, we did make it to Booty Bay.)