Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    really I dont think it needs to be a 10 man guild only, but using gear that is only available from raiding 10 mans only. It is a good achievement, but is it with buff or w/o and anyone failing as hard as saying its better than killing LK 25 hc fails, because in 25 man hc lich king you cant get better gear than is available to 25 man raiding either.
    The way guildox looks at you as a 10man strict guild, if more then x amount of people in your guild have 25man achievments, it negates your entire guild. If you look up these players, you will find very few of them have anything from 25man content, most likely just the tanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    The way guildox looks at you as a 10man strict guild, if more then x amount of people in your guild have 25man achievments, it negates your entire guild. If you look up these players, you will find very few of them have anything from 25man content, most likely just the tanks
    Then we finally got the kill last night i has been a nice learning experience to try to get Lich king 10 man hardmode with our raidsetup (we got 0 paladins or DK's)

We decided to try the 10 man raiding road this expansion and even though guildox allows some people to do ICC 25 man normal we have 0 in the guild doing that. We just wanted to see how far we could get with our 2 nights a week raiding and also with Cataclysm in sight with same tier level for 10 and 25 man this was a good way to improve our performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    "oh look. we killed lich king while undergearing the content! hooray us!"
    No, more like "Everyone else was only able to kill him by overgearing the content! we didnt need that!"

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    if ANYONE in your guild has an achievement past the Citadel (Front 4), or have a single heroic kill (lootship or marrowgar), the whole guild is disqualified. Also, if 4+ (i think) have Stormwind the Citadel, your guild is disqualified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    No, more like "Everyone else was only able to kill him by overgearing the content! we didnt need that!"

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 04:14 AM ----------

if ANYONE in your guild has an achievement past the Citadel (Front 4), or have a single heroic kill (lootship or marrowgar), the whole guild is disqualified. Also, if 4+ (i think) have Stormwind the Citadel, your guild is disqualified.

8 People over time for Marrowgwar, and 8 over time for the first 4.

It's like 14 total and 9 at the same time for all other fights.

But Typhoon Struggle is actually one of the only strict guilds without any 25 man kills. This may be due to them most likely sticking together the entire expansion. Recruitment is a dick in a world where you can pug 25's with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    8 People over time for Marrowgwar, and 8 over time for the first 4.

It's like 14 total and 9 at the same time for all other fights.

But Typhoon Struggle is actually one of the only strict guilds without any 25 man kills. This may be due to them most likely sticking together the entire expansion. Recruitment is a dick in a world where you can pug 25's with ease.
    You are right that recruitment for now is pretty hard, and i can easily understand if people rather want to be in a guild where they can get the ICC 25 man trinkets and weapons with the speciel procs and so. We are a tight group of people who all know each other reallife. It is only our priest from Russia we have recruited outside the group of friends.

With Cataclysm it will be easier to recruit with same ilevel on gear and small 10 man guilds can still compete with big guilds on their server if they got enough time.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are really underestimating this feat, its a real shame that people don't appreciate Typhoon Struggle's achievement.

Very impressive achievement, gz to them

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gz, very impressive I know ppl who can't kill him even if they have loads of ilvl 277 (me included, altough I don't have ilvl 277 )
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

I dont think people realize how much better the gear is in 25. 10 man stuff is normally not itemized as well and almost all of the good trinkets etc are 25 man. Also they have no shadowmournes in the raid which are a huge dps increase etc.

Big gratz, well done!
    Cake!

Gratz on the achievement. It's good to see there are some guilds who actually do strict 10man raiding. Big gz and I wish you luck for Cata.

Deleted
    Nicely done, no clue why people nag or trying to put their achivement down.

kills like this should be vaulted far above overgeared world firsts, with them just using the gear made for that encounter.

This is not a troll post.

It is quite an achievement to down the Lich King in only ICC 10 gear.

There should be a separate achievement to acknowledge the extra difficulty of this, like the Herald of the Titans Algalon achievement, which is still hard.

Almost every guild that has done the LK on HM did it with 264 and 277 gear which made it much easier.

If everyone has 251 gear it is harder, even with the 30% buff.

And so grats to these guys who did. All of the elitists in this thread who say "/care, I did it two months ago" should try and do this and stfu in the meantime.

Huge gratz to you guys! And hurray we've got the nr.1 10men guild on our server:P

Gratz, very impressive when you plug your brain and understand the fact that you can't overgear and needed an LK10 kill WITHOUT normal ICC25/ToC25/ToC25 hc kills (specially not the easy ones everyone can get) and the sheer lacks of itemization and trinklets in 10-only gear.

In before all the "it's because strict 10 mans are just terribads" from people that never tried anything in 10 man content without overgearing it by at least a tier.

Good luck in Cata, it sure looks promising to see 10man strict guilds and 25-man fight on the same footing.

PS : For those pretending it's "easy" without ever trying, try to get your "BiS" lists for dps/tanks from this tier or previous one or Ulduar, list the caps you need, and then try to build gear-profiles with ONLY 10 man drops.
    Then understand it means : NO DBW/TAJ/Stam trinklets from Sindra or Satrina/Juggernaut's for tanks, No Death's Choice/Death's Verdict, NO Hallion's trinklet either, No Bryntroll/Cryptmaker, and quite some other things, and that, to get HC gear from the "easy" boss you HAVE to kill the LK without overgearing it (while everyone else did the easy bosses in 10/25 every week to finally face the LK10 in nearly full 264 overgearing it by a tier, and then only starting ICC10hm already overgearing them).

Since you are bad, as you said, you are either trolling or posting
    retarded shit, on your 6 posts, gtfo.
    Bigger than Life.

Gratz to them, despite what some of these people are posting, it is still a very good feat to have done.

Some people underestimate the power of 25Heroic gear in a 10 man set-up.
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

Go go diminished ICC buff effect kill. I know you guys can pull it off!

Grats, and gl pulling that stuff off too if you're going for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Gratz but tbh if the top 25 man guilds (I mean like the top 20/25) attempted strict 10mans, they would've already downed it. Paragon and Ensidia did it with 5% buff. 25% extra damage, healing and a lot more weeks of experience than Paragon or Ensidia is pulling equal with the gear they had at that time.

TL;DR Gratz but the best guilds in the World would wtfpwn 10man strict guilds if they chose to do it.