Super Nintendo Appreciation Thread

Ah, the Super Nintendo, such a remarkable system. We all grew up around an SNES and to many of us, we have those memories of beating the snot out of our best friends for hours in games like Killer Instinct, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and others. Maybe you never had friends over, you could fight an onslaught of baddies in many of the various side scrolling beat-em-ups. Maybe an adventure or an RPG was more your speed, well the Super Nintendo had you covered. This system had a game for everyone. Many of the games released for the Super Nintendo are timeless classics that can hold their own against any game out there today. The visuals are not so impressive, but the playability and replay value of these games was phenomenal.

I would have to say that of all the games, Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorites. The gameplay was great, the story was epic, it was an all around perfect game.

I would like to know, what were some of your favorite games for the SNES and please, share some of your fondest childhood memories if you feel so inclined.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

chrono trigger ftw, I still have it. You know they resleased on ps1 with some cut scenes? check it out and its sequel crono cross.

Still have my SNES hooked up. Only have 4 games left for it but they are all I need. Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 3, and Donkey Kong Country 2.

Deleted
    Another attention seeker "appreciation thread".

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario RPG was the shit. I have a lot of good memories playing that game, along with A Link To The Past, Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X2, and Super Mario 1-3.

I can say with confidence that the original Super Mario game was more difficult than all the CoD games on veteran and all Halo games on Legendary combined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Super Mario RPG was the shit. I have a lot of good memories playing that game, along with A Link To The Past, Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X2, and Super Mario 1-3.

I can say with confidence that the original Super Mario game was more difficult than all the CoD games on veteran and all Halo games on Legendary combined.
    Do you mean that super mario 1 I can beat without deaths or taking any mushrooms or without ever stopping or letting go of the turbo button? That extremely hard piece of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Do you mean that super mario 1 I can beat without deaths or taking any mushrooms or without ever stopping or letting go of the turbo button? That extremely hard piece of work?
    Troll Harder Faggot.

Donkey Kong Country trilogy along with Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island were both a huge part of my childhood with DKC2 being the ultimate flagship. Only really got console experience with NES and SNES, I moved on to computers when Nintendo 64 and PS came.

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3 were the shit! Downloaded them for emulator and played them through many times later Same with Yoshis Island or wtf it was called (u go around as Yoshi with a baby Mario on your back, eating enemies to spawn eggs that u can shoot behind u - the rest is basic platform fun)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

>.>
    <.<

KILLER INSTINCT! *starts jamming out to the KI tune (one of the best VG themes of all time!)*

I totally want to go hook up my SNES to play all those classics...F-Zero, Street Fighter 2, Super Mario All Stars, Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, FF3 (technically 6...), Link to the Past......so many good memories on that small grey and purple box!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.