Once again you are taking stabs at bits of information that don't even matter or change anything, like me joining before they killed lk, pointing out your wrong opinions again, and just saying complete nonsense.

And wtf, what do my arena ratings have to do with this, I could argue that I just made a new 3s team and give you the mmr i was playing at, but this doesn't even have to do with anything. I'm not even arguing with the idiots on this forum anymore, just a complete waste of time, all you get is bias, sticking up for people that are wrong because people think they are right cause they have a lot of posts or something, and the people that actually are right get smashed into the ground by all the forum elites who don't know what they are talking about. What a shitty forum. I knew by looking at all these arrogant posts (Hey look, I called you arrogant, word looks familiar...) that putting in my 2 cents was gonna get me stomped by a big wall of "LOLUBAD, AND EVEN THOUGH IM BAD I CAN COVER IT UP BY NOT MAKING ANY SENSE AND HAVING OTHER RETARDS FOLLOW ME"

Can some mod ban me or something so I actually can't respond anymore? It's so tempting to make posts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Whoa, Mr. Badpaladin. I don't want him to think that I am "calling in the posse".
    Hopefully not this kind of posse.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    and you keep saying its almost 0 increase, .01 spell crit etc, that doesn't matter, what matters is the extra mana it gives you, which will allow you to use another ds proc when your mana is getting low from so many procs
    This really struck me as odd. Do you ever drop so low on mana that that extra ~250 with 5/5 DI is useful to you? Do you believe in using a second of downtime to plea? Are you prioritizing anything above Judgement to put yourself in such a situation? Even on Lich King when you're doing a ton of seal swapping you should have time when you're not hitting something to plea. That miniscule amount of mana isn't going to help you if you're not playing correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad View Post
    Once again you are taking stabs at bits of information that don't even matter or change anything, like me joining before they killed lk, pointing out your wrong opinions again, and just saying complete nonsense.

And wtf, what do my arena ratings have to do with this, I could argue that I just made a new 3s team and give you the mmr i was playing at, but this doesn't even have to do with anything. I'm not even arguing with the idiots on this forum anymore, just a complete waste of time, all you get is bias, sticking up for people that are wrong because people think they are right cause they have a lot of posts or something, and the people that actually are right get smashed into the ground by all the forum elites who don't know what they are talking about. What a shitty forum. I knew by looking at all these arrogant posts (Hey look, I called you arrogant, word looks familiar...) that putting in my 2 cents was gonna get me stomped by a big wall of "LOLUBAD, AND EVEN THOUGH IM BAD I CAN COVER IT UP BY NOT MAKING ANY SENSE AND HAVING OTHER RETARDS FOLLOW ME"

Can some mod ban me or something so I actually can't respond anymore? It's so tempting to make posts like this.
    There's always the off chance that you're an idiot, but hey free country

And wtf, what do my arena ratings have to do with this
    I think you failed to get the point. I was simply stating the fact that warriors have much higher arena ratings, on average, than ret paladins do.

I would gladly take this to the Fused forum, but I think you would get me banned immediately. Or your posse would do it for you. Neutral sites allow for better debates.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Hit gem with 330 hit? Expertise gem when you have 23 expertise without vengeance on, or is that with it on? You gemmed for the ring's agil bonus, which isn't worth it. 3/3 Healing light? How many globals are you wasting with fol's? Lastly, Alchemy instead of Blacksmithing or engineering?

In total you are losing 30 strength and 10 crit from the unneeded expertise and hit gem.
    Alch/JS is the best combo for Holy, which is my offspec and is what Im often asked to spec to for certain ICC fights since we have 0 Holy paladins.

I recently got the boots from Halion, and without them I was under the hit cap (with the +10 hit pushing me up to 8.11%). I did total forget I had that gem in there, I guess I should swap that out. :P

RAWR said that slapping ONE 20 Exp gem and matching that Agility bonus were DPS gains- Since I have an abundance of gems, I want to try and sim it on a tank and spank fight to see the difference. However like mentioned before, I have to sub-spec Holy for some fights (like DBS) so I don't have that luxury just yet.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    COME ON PEOPLE!!! Seriously??

Your spec is certainly your preference. The problem with your mentality is that anyone running/forming a raid group will ALMOST ALWAYS be extra thorough when inviting a ret. If they know as much about your class/spec as you do..... "Sorry. Full on pallys."
    I don't really see where you're trying to come with this. Both me and my long experienced officer has that spec. It has never been told by anyone that its wrong. So you can't speak for them all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlez View Post
    I don't really see where you're trying to come with this. Both me and my long experienced officer has that spec. It has never been told by anyone that its wrong. So you can't speak for them all.
    Its the matter of choosing what is about 98% useless, or choosing what has the potential to be better in specific situations.

In this case, the situational usefulness of both HL and UF by far pass the hardly noticeable extra 250 mana and 0.002% spell crit chance.

Experience doesn't always mean you're right. After quite a few forum posts with people agreeing with me on the Blizzard forums, I finally convinced Drow's Ret Paladin to get Glyph of Consecration, start gemming 10str/10crit gems and wear the agility AV rep ring. A ret in a top guild that received the first Shadowmourne may have been playing longer than me(hell, maybe even at a higher level of raiding if he's been in the guild that long), but that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't doing it right.

So I just pulled up a random World of Logs parse for an ICC HM full clear from a while back. During that raid, I cast Flash of Light 50 times. Do you know how many times during that 12/12 HM clear that I dropped below 250 mana?? The answer is 0 times. Prioritize Judgement as your #1 attack like you should be. It doesn't matter if you get 15 DS procs in a row. Judgement is still a higher priority and should be used as soon as its off cooldown.

That is my point, folks. Unless you aren't playing your character to its fullest, you are going to be casting a heal on someone. While it may not be your primary responsibility, it is an ability that you have. My global and couple hundred mana are worth so much more when they are keeping someone else alive regardless of how they got in trouble. This is the bigger picture that so many players fail to see.

The best guilds are the best guilds because they have one goal. The goal is a very simple one and they all put aside their own personal motives to achieve that goal. This is a problem for many guilds, to be honest. They do not play as a unit, but rather as 25 individuals. If you know that you have a quality group of raiders, healing meters and damage meters should be banned from your raids. You know that everyone is doing their job. Now you just need to find out how to optimize your group for that encounter.

My time spent in <Pie Chart> was eye-opening. While we were in combat, everyone was focused and played their part like champs. Sadly, I couldn't continue raiding with them because of a disagreement I had with them outside of the raid. If only it were possible, everyone should get a chance to spend a raid night or week with that group just to see how things should be done. They aren't world firsts, but they are amongst the best in the US and its clear as to why that is.

If you want to be a bawlz-out DPS god, you shouldn't have picked a paladin. We aren't #1 and we aren't just damage dealers. Without adding insult, "long experienced officer" doesn't really mean much. You'd be surprised how many people have played this game sub-optimally for a long time just because it got them by. That's not how I play.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

/popcorn Prentice

also, /agree with all that you said

10+ Year Old Account
    4. Not posting on this forum again, critique one person and BOOOOOOOOOOM EXPLOSIONS OF ANGER, RAWR YOU SUCK AND ARE ARROGANT MUAHAHAHAHA..........pretty bullshit if you ask me.
    I just thought this was funny.
    Also, I do agree with Prentice. You might think you're a perfect raider (very slim chance it's actually true), but either way, chances are at least one of the other 24 people will make a mistake at some point which everyone does, and could use a little extra help, whether it's a bop, sac, AM, FoL, or other ability we have. Not helping them is more of a detriment to your raid than missing out on some of your dps is.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I would have been awake for this knock down talent slugfest oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I wish I would have been awake for this knock down talent slugfest oh well.
    This

Always fun to see 2 people digging down into the ground and shooting at eachother . Still, agree on the part that raids is for the raid, not for the individual. Its always good to help out, no matter what class you play. Paladins, especially rets, can do so on a high scale with heals and hands. Not that Im one of the guys speccing into Holy Light, but Im one of the guys who tend to help out in heavy healing phases.

On a side note, Id bring tons of popcorn if blizz ever changed WoW so that recount (etc) suddenly didnt work anymore (rofl). The Trade chat would be worth it!
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Badpaldin would quit this game for good if they did that.

@kazi^^ decent setup, way too much hit. There are leather items better then the mail you picked up not sure why you went with 277 mail over the bis pcs. Replace the boots with a non-hit alternative...haste to cloak sims a little better...spec is kinda strange, go for basic AM/LK spec. Professions are not standard for ret...

5/10

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=F%C3%A1ids
    Last edited by Faids; 2010-08-17 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faids View Post
    @kazi^^ decent setup, way too much hit. There are leather items better then the mail you picked up not sure why you went with 277 mail over the bis pcs. Replace the boots with a non-hit alternative...haste to cloak sims a little better...spec is kinda strange, go for basic AM/LK spec. Professions are not standard for ret...

5/10

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=F%C3%A1ids
    zero!You hear me, Faids? ZERO! =P
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    zero!You hear me, Faids? ZERO! =P
    Pretty much saw that coming.

Hai, I'm Faids. I've got SM and 4pc 277. Don't worry about the guild I just ditched.

Badpaldin would quit this game for good if they did that.
    Pfft I offheal when the fights require it. But I'll be damned if I'm asked to salv anybody on anything that's farm content.

And I use skada. whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Pfft I offheal when the fights require it. But I'll be damned if I'm asked to salv anybody on anything that's farm content.

And I use skada. whore.
    Damage and healing meters. AKA destroy the digits that appear in your combat log so that no addon could report your output. Yeah, you would be outta here and you know it.