Thread: Post Your UI

First i've heard of a spam filter here.
    Then again lack of hearing about it means its doing its job, even if overzealous in this case.

Deleted
    It usually only catches very short posts containing links.
    Example:
    Check this out.
    I guess it interpreted "Text: link Text: link" as spam. Just guessing here though.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velran View Post
    Idle

Raid

Not a bad UI, actually. I do have a question - if you're blocking off so much of your bottom with solid backgrounds, why not set it up with a viewport addon to just create a black bar on the bottom? This will give you a couple of bonuses - none of the rendered world will be "hidden" behind your bottom panels, and it'll give you an even wider field of view, without missing any of the stuff on bottom/top.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Not a bad UI, actually. I do have a question - if you're blocking off so much of your bottom with solid backgrounds, why not set it up with a viewport addon to just create a black bar on the bottom? This will give you a couple of bonuses - none of the rendered world will be "hidden" behind your bottom panels, and it'll give you an even wider field of view, without missing any of the stuff on bottom/top.
    Thanks for the tip

Personally, I don't think i'd feel comfortable using a viewport, but I may look into it in the future if I decide to revamp my UI. My current UI deviates quite abit from the bottom section of the screen, so i'd have to make more than a few modifications to use a viewport. I also like the feel of being able to see through the gaps between the boxes, and having the "uneveness" as it were, of not having everything shoved into the bottom section. But as I mainly play fulled zoomed out at camera distance 4 or whatever it is, I never miss anything and usually spot more than others

I've never really been able to find the space for all my "essential" addons, but I think with this UI it's pretty much the closest I can get to fitting it all in without it looking messy and confusing. Most premade UI's always look really nice and clean, but then they usually don't have half the addons I use, and have no extra space to put them. Time to buy 2 extra monitors to have a super clean UI methinks

Edit: Damnit, looking at all these UI's has inspired to make a new one even though I barely just finished that one
    Last edited by Velran; 2010-08-18 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted

This is what it looks like atm. Modified TukUI with some extra addons. There are some hidden bars I forgot to show but w/e :P

Proper linkage according to guidelines.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-18 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post

This is what it looks like atm. Modified TukUI with some extra addons. There are some hidden bars I forgot to show but w/e :P
    That is the worst UI I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Issyle View Post
    I've seen worse, but that is pretty awful. Never EVER crowd the center of your screen like that, and don't use bottom panels that obscure your vision.

15+ Year Old Account

Here's a lovely shot of me changing my keybinds so I can take a screenshot. The target frame is slightly up and to the right of my character frame with ToT below that. The party frame is above left of the character frame. Cast bars are centered just on the edge of the bottom frame.

Proper linkage. Seriously, why can't you guys just read the giant red text right in the OP?
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-18 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munglunch View Post
    Seems like the perfect spot to shamelessly promote my UI!

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...villainUI.html

....enjoy folks!

suggestion, my friends got a mod for his kitty that put blood splatters (with a spam filter of course) when he crits. you should totally take that and replace the blood with onomatopoeias!(or w/e)

That's a nice way to rip TukUI XD

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Think he's referring to the way it's been moved around. TukUI's default is much nicer than that, the displayed UI in this thread has the entire middle clogged up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't have any recent screenies but it hasn't changed too much

Last edited by Enders; 2010-08-18 at 09:44 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

No THIS is the worst ever.
    http://photoshack.com/displayimage.p...at=24257&pos=0

Anywho this is mine.
    http://photoshack.com/displayimage.p...at=24257&pos=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barani View Post
    I really enjoy the frames, what are those? And btw i see many of u use this neet looking bar on top/bottom of the screen, what is this? I remember titan panel or fubar being so ugly.

While for some people I can understand oversized castbars for visibility, but if you are going to use something like TukUI, why the hell would you then cover the bottom of it with a huge black box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    TukUI is still bland. However, it is nowhere NEAR as bad as that abomination.

Depends how you define bland.
    Lack of colour or fancy effects, only because thats not how it was designed.
    It was fairly minimal and for the most part only showed you needed to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Depends how you define bland.
    Lack of colour or fancy effects, only because thats not how it was designed.
    It was fairly minimal and for the most part only showed you needed to know.
    Lack of colour and fancy effects is pretty much a good thing. I can't really put my finger on what it is. Maybe it's because it looks like a ripoff of CaithUI? *shrugs* It isn't bad though.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerutan View Post
    Some ideas. Try changing the 1px white lines to black to make it look more sharp. The text looks a little bit blurry to me, might be just the screenshot. If it is indeed blurry ingame try a pixel font or a different Sans Serif font.

It looks like you are using STUF or Shadowed UF...play a bit more with them, they look lazy and boring. Try switching the Combat text to "C" and Resting to "R".

Remove the keybind text, makes the bottom left look too crowded.

Nice idea with the minimap imo

Try some type of add-on for the objective text.

Other than that is looks decent.
    Thanks for the input. It looks blurry due to the way PhotoBucket handles their uploads (so even though I optimized it for web in PS, it still butchers it regardless).

I'll give the black lines a go, as I only chose white so they'd stand out a bit... Didn't give it a try with a darker color because I moved onto other stuff in the UI.

I understand what you're saying about the unit frames, but I was really just going for simple and clean for this one... I originally had one that was a bit more... um, good looking or however you'd like to put it, but a lot of the flare was unnecessary (such as portraits). I might see if changing the bar textures will spruce it up without adding extra bells and whistles I don't use... its a good thing to take into consideration.

As for the "combat" and "zzz" text... yeah, those are really just placeholders until I figure out what I want them to say in the end... I was thinking along the lines of "X" or "C" for combat (X to mimic the crossed swords icon) and "Z" or "R" for rested depending on which tickles my fancy.

I didn't even think of the keybinding text, and I believe that I've removed it since I posted the UI... it does seem to get complicated, and for the most part I know what buttons do what (I know that F is my stealth/cat form/ghost wolf etc button).

I really sucked all the extra BS out of the minimap... I originally had it down in the bottom right, where the action bars are (and had the action bars dead center), but after years of having the map UR and the action bars LR, it just proved to be too much to adapt to. Figuring out where to put the various data texts (location, tracking, clock, coords) was a hassle... I'd be running around, glance up, and then go and move one of them a pixel in one direction or another, or anchor them to a different side to see how it felt.

I haven't given the objective text much thought, as all I've done with it was make sure it didn't clip into my action bars... any suggestions for something that will only handle the objective text and nothing else? (as chinchilla can move it / resize it, but not much else)

Again, thanks for the input... its always helpful to have someone poke and prod something I'm working on to tell me what looks off or could work better.

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
    I'm digging the combat text font (I wanna steal it, what is it??), but not the unit frame font (it's way too tall for my personal tastes).

Can't really comment to much on the UI overall, other than why are there giant floating icons over near the raid frames? If those are your cooldown watchers (it looks like it), I'd shuffle them off and scale them down a bit to be less obtrusive. Also, it seems to be using quite a lot of different fonts... I'd personally trim them down to 1 main font and 1 combat text font (because as I've said, I like the combat text one!).

Wowhead Profile ~ When in doubt, shock it out.