Thread: Bio: Tyralius

10+ Year Old Account

Bio: Tyralius

Name: Tyralius
    Race: Ethereal
    Class: Warden

Personality: Self-preservation is always a priority for him. He favors secrecy and silence but if he has to he has no problem fighting his way through a situation. He is calm and never gives up when setting himself to something, he may set it aside, but he will always go back to finish. Tyralius is always aware of his surroundings and takes full stock of a situation as opposed to rushing in head-first.

Appearance: Tyralius wears the enchanted wraps the rest of his race wears to make the arcane energies that make up his body take a human-like form. Tyralius adds favorable armor that he finds to his own wraps by making them hold in place above the wraps with magic. When Tyralius does not want people to know he is an Ethereal he wears a cloak that covers his entire body. Tyralius wears a black metal mask over his face that he keeps on at all times; no one knows the reason why he does so.

Strengths: A mixture of martial-arts with small weapons (daggers, fist weapons, small blades) and the passive Ethereal ability to wield arcane magic.
    Weaknesses: Rogues and foes immune to arcane magic.

History:

Tyralius was born on K'aresh just as Lord Dimensius opened the portal to allow his forces through to K'aresh en masse. He watched as a child in horror as everyones flesh was torn away, slowly his people became nothing but pure energy, luckily they had the technology to survive. Tyralius lived on K'aresh for only 6 years, long enough to remember what it was like, it was a desert of a place, not very desirable, but yet his home. His people were able to open portals through The Twisting Nether to arrive to a new world, a world some called Outland. No one can remember the trip through the twisting nether, thus leaving no hope of ever returning.

Tyralius, remembering the horror of Dimensius and his armies, vowed to never allow a being more powerful than the collective forces that would help in the defense of this world destroy his new home. So he began training as soon as his people had established a home in their new world.

During this time the Dark Portal was opened and people of all alliances poured through; among the first groups in was a Night Elf who adopted the name Shalras Starwalker when he crossed the Dark Portal. He headed for Shattrath and stayed there for a while when he came across an Ethereal that he noticed was training all day and every day at the same spot, the Ethereals in general intrigued Shalras greatly, but this one interested him more so than the others simply for his tenacity and for what? So Shalras began to forge a relationship with Tyralius, Shalras would talk of his home and Tyralius would talk of K'aresh. Shalras always had much more to share, stories of great wars, of growth, destruction, and regrowth. The story that interested Tyralius the most was the one of how a giant tree had given immortality to the Night Elves, and how it was destroyed. One day, Tyralius asked him why he had come to Outland from Azeroth; a world that sounded so much more beautiful and full of life. The only answer Shalras would ever give was: “To escape my duties of eternal vigilance.” Until one day when Shalras finally told him what he was in Azeroth.

“One of The Wardens, we are the protectors of Azeroth, we have been protecting Azeroth for as long as our race has lived."

Those words were burned into Tyralius’ memory from that point on, and he continuously urged Shalras to teach him. Shalras would constantly decline and they would see each other less frequently with every passing day, but Shalras walked to Tyralius’ training area one day and told him to follow him. Tyralius didnt say a word, all he did was walk. They walked for miles, only stopping in the night to sleep and waking early in the morning to continue their journey, Tyralius not saying a single word the entire time.

Months passed as they travelled and Shalras would teach him, Tyralius simply absorbing every word, only nodding in acknowledgement. This pattern continued until they came to a region called Shadowmoon Valley by the locals in the area, even though Shalras had never been to Outland before he somehow knew where he was going.
    They finally stopped at the ruins of what was once a draenie village. Right across the valley was a huge tower that reached the ever black sky. Here Shalras told Tyralius he was going to train him and teach him everything he knew in the way of combat and knowledge. Tyralius, having no idea of what was ahead of him, accepted.

25 long years of training, hardship, and learning. Education and training all in excessive, equal amounts; he never gave up. He knew it would pay off one day, his new home would not come to the same end as K'aresh. But one night, something dreadful happened... Shalras Starwalker died...

He had woken up far earlier than Tyralius, as usual, and walked up a large hill to survey the landscape thinking to himself “Tyralius is ready, i have taught him all i know, but now i must give him some kind of final test.” But just as he was pondering what to do, infernals came crashing down from the sky, one after another, Shalras would defeat the first one just to be hit by the shockwave of a second, third, and fourth hitting the ground. Tyralius woke up from the disturbances and noticed his mentor was in more trouble than he could handle so he raced towards him, but it was too late, the infernals were physically no match for Shalras, but their bodies are made up of fel fire and rock. The heat from one infernal in close-quarters is enough to kill a normal man, but the heat from five infernals surrounding you, all attacking you... It’s enough to boil your blood and kill you in moments.

Tyralius rushed in, felling one with an arcane bolt to the chest and another by kicking the head off, just as he killed a third he noticed that the rest had been destroyed by Shalras, who was kneeling in the middle of the broken infernals, his clothes still on fire from the immense heat and burns on his skin, neither one of them knew healing magic and they had ran out of herbs long before. Just before Shalras died, he said “Tyralius, you are ready, i have taught you all i can teach, look through my bags, you will find a black steel mask, and an enchanted pendant imbued with part of my essence. I will always be with you, now go, forge your own destiny, delve deep inside, the answer lies within.”

At that moment Tyralius remembered something the old Elf had tried, unsuccessfully to teach him, he called it Vengeance. Tyralius knew this was the type of feeling Shalras told him would unlock his potential, Shalras told him not until he was ready, but he didnt care, he would destroy any demon that he came across. And in that moment, Tyralius had awoken something that lurked deep inside him since the moment he watched K'aresh die. He remembered his people suffering, entire cities turning to ash; all the feelings of hate, regret, and fear Tyralius had swallowed were rising in one giant storm of... Vengeance... Tyralius felt as if he was going to explode. A shell of black enveloped him in a warming embrace and he could feel himself being lifted up, as though he was being controlled by some other force. But at that moment Tyralius remembered what his teacher had told him "It will seek to use you as a vessel and nothing more, but you must control it, control your emotions, it is the key to controlling the spirit of Vengeance." And so Tyralius cast aside his emotions, knowing pure hate would not help him here, he would need to harness it. He could control his movements, but he felt clunky, as if a force was resisting him. He heard a voice, as if coming from the darkness around him, saying “Let... Me... Free. I WILL SHOW YOU.... TRUE... POWER."

Note on Vengeance: Tyralius is able to become the Spirit of Vengeance itself, becoming a much larger shadow-version of himself and raising miniature versions of the shadow from the spirits of his dead foes. (see Maiev Shadowsong, WC3) The Spirit of Vengeance is the embodiment of darkness, but the Vengeance that Tyralius, Maiev, Shalras, etc. use is a weaker version, you need a lot of willpower to stop the darkness from overpowering you, thus your energy is drained quickly while in this state, and if not held in check, the wielder will be overwhelmed by darkness. (which can be a good thing.) Also, the Greater Spirit does not use any energy to raise lesser spirits from the dead, but the lesser spirits can not be more powerful than the greater. The spirit of Vengeance is not a tool of necromancy, it can only raise lessers from something the greater has attacked, it can't raise something killed by anyone else.

I believe i am finished, but please give me (constructive) feedback and some advice on how to make my first rp character bio better, thx. =D
    Another note: I would put up a picture of Tyralius but there are only 2 different ethereal models in the modelviewer, and only 4 different ethereal models in the actual game...
    Last edited by Tusakano; 2010-08-30 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusakano View Post
    Name: Tyralius
    Another note: I would put up a picture of Tyralius but there are only 2 different ethereal models in the modelviewer, and only 4 different ethereal models in the actual game...
    It's one of the disadvantages of rolling a character that's not a player race. Anyway, seems pretty solid. I would try to make sure that vengeance isn't one of his main skills to avoid any OPness. Other than that, gj

10+ Year Old Account
    it's why i added such a long side-note for vengeance, to make it as "balanced" as possible while still being his only signature move. Tyralius isnt even a skilled fighter or anything, he's never been in any wars, or large battles, his first encounter was with the infernals, all he has (for now) is a rather weak, "self-trained" version of Vengeance.
    And thanks! =D
    Last edited by Tusakano; 2010-08-30 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick Question: If my bio left off in Draenor, am i able to participate in RP's that are in Azeroth?
    Just wanna know whether i should edit my awesome cliff-hangar or not =P
    Last edited by Tusakano; 2010-08-30 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tusakano View Post
    Quick Question: If my bio left off in Draenor, am i able to participate in RP's that are in Azeroth?
    Just wanna know whether i should edit my awesome cliff-hangar or not =P
    Well, if it's plausible that he was able to end up in Azeroth, I think it should be fine.

For example, my Abomination's Bio ended once he left Icecrown Citadel. From then on, he could have access to just about anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright, thankee much =D
    just dont wanna have to add something after that to be like "He then walked to shatt, ported to org, killed gamon a couple times, then got a port to dal from meatbeem. Once in Northrend Tyralius thus proclaimed... "WHERE MAH LOOTZ!?""

---------- Post added 2010-08-30 at 11:36 PM ----------

Finally found something to back this whole story and my character.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Warden

^ Warden History

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...s/warden.shtml

^ Warden Abilities
    Last edited by Tusakano; 2010-08-31 at 07:35 PM.