View Poll Results: Who Emerges Victorious in a Fight to the Death?

Voters
1875. This poll is closed
  • Arthas

859 45.81%
  • Grom

1,016 54.19%
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With his Army of UD or not, Arthas still has a very powerfull Weapon that Hungers for the souls of enraged orcs..
    Besides, he is a DK, he has ranged abilities too
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Arthas-non Lich King was nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Arthas-non Lich King was nothing special.
    This, stabbing ur dad and cleaning up strath isnt impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the whole "Grom and Mannoroth killed each other" thing, you can clearly see Mannoroth taking steps back and clutching at his chest before falling in the cinematic. Had he intended to blow up, he would have used his last few steps to get closer to Grom. Of course Mannoroth is naturally stronger than Grom, that doesn't change the fact that Grom killed him, and died victorious.

Grom has "effective" and "victorious" Battle Fury - he killed the true enemy and freed all of his brothers.
    Arthas has "ineffective and "blindly-stupid" Battle Fury - he didn't kill the true enemy, and he "enslaved" and "f*cked up" all of his brothers and his people.

Grom knows when and how to strike at the right moment

Go go, Grom!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    pre LK- grom, hands down.
    post LK- tough one.
    Wow that post was filled with some Ardent fanboyism just like the results.

Also, LOL at the people saying Grom would easily beat Arthas because of his speed. That's complete bullshit. Arthas beat Illidan who was stronger, faster, and smarter(albeit a little crazy) than Grom. Grom wouldve been stronger than Illidan without being demonic, but don't even try to say so after Illidan had
    the skull and eye.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lumpheed View Post
    A good point, however, no one, no thing, has ever killed Grom.

I wouldn't worry about Gorehowl's stats from TBC. That axe should have been a Legendary. Just because it has no special powers doesn't mean anything. You could put on Ronaldo's favourite boots and not be able to do the things he can do but they would be the boots he would chose to wear every game because they help him.

Grom will not allow himself to be beaten, ever. He has such strength of will and personality if Frostmourne did cut him, Grom would suck out Frostmourne's soul.

Grom, much like Arthas, gave into temptation, but crucially Grom overcame his enslavement, his weakness. Could Arthas have fought of the power of the demon blood like Grom? Doubt it very much. Arthas is, ultimately, weak.

Hellscream wins in a titanic struggle that may well destroy a continent.
    Lol Grom can't destroy a continent. Let's now get ahead of ourselves. Also, Arthas must have been pretty weak to force out Nerzhuls will right?

Grom. He's the playground bully. No one is taking him down.

So much time farming Arthas isn't even funny(I mean for all the population of WoW). Most of the Grom fans though underestimate Arthas because they think he only rely on armies of the death, human soldiers, other heroes and frostmourne. Well if we accept that theory then he is one hell of weak prince and eventually lich king so that cannot be acecepted. Please pay more respect to one of the biggest badases in the game.

P.S. And possible outcome of Arthas versus Tirion won't be even funny.(That of course if both takes their matches). So yeah voted for Arthas, but it seems Grom continues.
    I didn't come to play. I came to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who did Grom kill?

Mannoroth (a pitlord), Cenarius (you know... The guy that taught Malfy how to druid... Yea, that one.)

Who did Arthas kill?

His decrepit father? Uther? The Archmage of Dalaran? (old guys tbo...)

Also, Grom was old. Arthas is still considered young.

Grom > Arthas.

Also, I fucking hate Arthas. He was a whiny little bitch that couldn't see that in trying to save his people and his kingdom, he fucking condemned them to undeath. Fucking dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    People seem to forget Frostmourne is pretty much a 1 hit KO if it makes contact :P
    Hell in ICC he can suck souls from a decent range.
    in ICC he is LK not champion of LK..

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 02:30 PM ----------

Grom > Arthas as a DK, which is what arthas is in this fight a DK not LK

Deleted
    This is a real close one, they're both very badass, but I think Arthas should've won this. However if they would realy fight each other it would be a tie, Grom will just do the same as he did with Mannoroth

Quote Originally Posted by K.Rool View Post
    This is a real close one, they're both very badass, but I think Arthas should've won this. However if they would realy fight each other it would be a tie, Grom will just do the same as he did with Mannoroth

Wouldn't Gorehowl crack if it parried frostmourne like Saurfangs son?
    But really, don't let blind orc love prevent Arthas vs Tirion match up

Deleted
    Why would anyone vote for Hellscream? All he does is whine and engage in idiotic disputes with Wrynn.

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    Why would anyone vote for Hellscream? All he does is whine and engage in idiotic disputes with Wrynn.
    Facepalm..
    U r talking about the young Hellscream.. This battle involves his father..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    that's actually Garrosh you are referring to.
    Garrosh is the son of the man involved.

Garrosh would win this easily. he damn near soloed a pit lord and (while enhanced and with help) took out a demi-god.

the demigod part takes backseat because of all his power ups at the time.

arthas killed... his dad, and civilians. he had help or powerups foreverything else he did pre-LK. the only possible exception i can think of is Illidan and that might have been after LK. even if it was pre-LK Mannoroth>Illidan(it was Mannoroth right? i lose track sometimes)
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Hippie View Post
    No offense at all but if you paid attention this was Arthas BEFORE becoming the Lich King. I.E. he was much weaker than when he was the LK and fought against that old fart Tirion with the Ashbringer. If he were in that senario with THIS Arthas he would probably get slaughtered by Darion before he even hands off the sword to Tirion XD

But in all seriousness Grom takes this one. Albeit its a close one, Arthas is pretty strong, but he has little experience wielding a sword. Plus Grom is the most legendary Master of Arms ever, twice Arthas side, and has the endurance of the orc race that stood defiant against even the powers of the Burning Legion if i remember correctly...

Yea...GL Arthas.

Unless he bubble hearths that is, i mean technically he is still a Paladin
    One Gripe with this. Arthas was EXTREMELY Skilled with a sword, Muradin taught him to wield all forms of bladed weps. And I i did think it was arthas the lich king earlier but its not, but my point remains only weapons of legendary status can shatter frostmourne and i do believe 1 on 1 arthas would win, by raising every dead kitteh in a 10 mile radius into Thaddius, Teh Kitteh edition and TTK Would pwn grom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a grom man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    Grom had back-up with Cenarias. He didn't kill him one on one. People are using this logic against Arthas who killed over 20+ lore characters.
    Yes he did. Just because in the campaign you get to use additional forces to help bring down that behemoth doesn't mean lorewise he didn't kill him. The same way Arthas did with Antonidas and Uther, he didn't solo them when you play as him, but in Lore he did.

"Even the demigod himself was no match for the enraged orc chieftain's demon-enhanced might."

Arthas defeated Muradin, i don't see why he shouldn't take out Grom easily.

Deleted
    Imo, Grom is dreadfully overhyped.

So Arthas it is.