Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marloss View Post
    Lately I have begun to see 'chatter' about Strength gemming again. Apparently this is what to gem after Crit, ArP, Hit, and Expertise capped, instead of Haste. I thought the idea of gemming Strength was abandoned long ago. Would some knowledgable individual care to elaborate on this?
    It was believed by some that haste overtook strength at certain gear levels, however according to Toskk's (which is possibly the most accurate), it has always been best to gem strength > haste. This isn't saying that HWT or haste in general is bad, but for gems strength seems to still be better. There might be times with certain gear that gemming haste is better than strength, but I've played with Toskk's a LOT with this and strength has always been on top.

Hrm, alright I'll take a closer look at what it is that I'm doing wrong to see why my #'s are so much lower. I'm guessing I just suck at keeping one eye on my timers, and another eye for flying goo / puddles. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy View Post
    It was believed by some that haste overtook strength at certain gear levels, however according to Toskk's (which is possibly the most accurate), it has always been best to gem strength > haste. This isn't saying that HWT or haste in general is bad, but for gems strength seems to still be better. There might be times with certain gear that gemming haste is better than strength, but I've played with Toskk's a LOT with this and strength has always been on top.
    ARP -> HIT/EXP* -> CRIT (Agi)* -> HASTE -> STR

*you can switch those two if you want.

Ignoring the weird bump to this thread, have any of you guys got both arp trinkets yet? (IE DBW and the scale)

I quit raiding on my druid due to my guild going down, but I saw someone with it and he gemmed alot of str, didnt know if any of you had both and what your thoughts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Telaso View Post
    Ignoring the weird bump to this thread, have any of you guys got both arp trinkets yet? (IE DBW and the scale)

I quit raiding on my druid due to my guild going down, but I saw someone with it and he gemmed alot of str, didnt know if any of you had both and what your thoughts are.
    After arp cap, gem hit/exp/crit until all 3 are capped...then haste.
    Str/haste in red sockets if you want the bonus.

Pure str is pretty worthless.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Take a look at this kitty build.

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=20762062

I am hit/exp/ARP cap I do not know if i am crit cap yet. Can someone check on that?

They probably used Toskk's and Rawr and found out that Strength was better than haste for them, some people are just repeating what they heard months ago and haven't done research about it. I've got both trinkets atm but I'm still gemming for the crit cap and then I have hit/exp to get though. Toskk's says haste is better than str atm for me, but before the trinket it was the opposite which is why you have to check when you get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post

I am hit/exp/ARP cap I do not know if i am crit cap yet. Can someone check on that?
    There's no reason to make a 264iLvl set like that, if you have the cloak and can't get any 277 gear then somewhere along the line you fell off the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post

That build has 712 crit rating, I have 810 and about 73~% crit with full buffs minus the idol i believe so no it's not. you need more agi/crit and less hit/exp for the build.

I have been playing kitty for about two weeks now and have been reading alot of threads on spec/ stat weights/ ect but have 1 question about opening rotation. I am currently Mangle-SR-Rake-Shred to 5 cp Rip-refresh rake if needed and then it just goes into what cp needs to be refreshed. My question is should I use beserk right out the gate or wait til right before I put up the Rip that way I have it for the full cycle of shreds coming and most likely 1 FB.

Thank you in advance.

One more question, I downloaded pawn using Toskk's weights and it says that the battered hilt reward is better than any weapon from ICC 10 man (not including LK). Does this seem right? I thought that the Shaft of Glacial Light or Herser's Greatspear would have been better.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Tryinmilkme; 2010-07-30 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    For any1 who's using simcraft: I compiled a custom version of simcraft that supports BM for feral dps, http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcrigm...9ob/simc-bm.7z
    Feel free to try it out (submitted the sourcecode change to the simcraft repository as well but they havent done a new build for some months now).

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    For any1 who's using simcraft: I compiled a custom version of simcraft that supports BM for feral dps, http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcrigm...9ob/simc-bm.7z
    Feel free to try it out (submitted the sourcecode change to the simcraft repository as well but they havent done a new build for some months now).
    How does one go about adding your compiled script to Simcraft ? Unpacking it usually gives me a 'unsupported compression' error.

Deleted
    hm, maybe you got an old version of 7zip? http://www.mediafire.com/file/35gfl8...83/simc-bm.zip = zip version for the 7z impaired :P

As for how to run it, I use something like the following:

Code:
    simc-bm.exe rawr=mihircat2.xml html=mihircat4.html iterations=10000 threads=2 'actions=flask,type=endless_rage/food,type=hearty_rhino/cat_form/auto_attack/snapshot_stats/faerie_fire_feral,debuff_only=1/tigers_fury,energy<=30,berserk=0/berserk_cat,energy>=80,energy<=90/savage_roar,cp>=1,savage_roar<=1/rip,cp>=5,time_to_die>=6/savage_roar,time_to_die>=9,cp>=3,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=8&dot.rip.remains-buff.savage_roar.remains>=-3/shred,if=dot.mangle.remains>=0&buff.omen_of_clarity.up/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,time_to_die<=6/ferocious_bite,cp>=4,time_to_die<=1/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,rip>=8,savage_roar>=11/shred,extend_rip=1,rip<=4,savage_roar>=3/mangle_cat,mangle<=1/rake,time_to_die>=9/shred,if=(buff.combo_points.stack<=4|dot.rip.remains>=1)&dot.mangle.remains>=0&dot.rake.remains>=1&(energy>=80|buff.omen_of_clarity.up|dot.rip.remains<=2|buff.berserk.up|cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3)/shred,time_to_die<=9/shred,cp<=0,savage_roar<=2'
    telling simcraft to take the equipment/enchants from the specified rawr save, making a nice html output of the results, running the simulation 10000 times, and run it on 2 cores (change this dependent on your cpu) 10k iterations is nice for a quick check, but to get accurate results you'll want to go up to 100k+

not sure if you can enter this with the standard windows command line, i use cygwin
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-20 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    hm, maybe you got an old version of 7zip? http://www.mediafire.com/file/35gfl8...83/simc-bm.zip = zip version for the 7z impaired :P

As for how to run it, I use something like the following:

Code:
    simc-bm.exe rawr=mihircat2.xml html=mihircat4.html iterations=10000 threads=2 'actions=flask,type=endless_rage/food,type=hearty_rhino/cat_form/auto_attack/snapshot_stats/faerie_fire_feral,debuff_only=1/tigers_fury,energy<=30,berserk=0/berserk_cat,energy>=80,energy<=90/savage_roar,cp>=1,savage_roar<=1/rip,cp>=5,time_to_die>=6/savage_roar,time_to_die>=9,cp>=3,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=8&dot.rip.remains-buff.savage_roar.remains>=-3/shred,if=dot.mangle.remains>=0&buff.omen_of_clarity.up/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,time_to_die<=6/ferocious_bite,cp>=4,time_to_die<=1/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,rip>=8,savage_roar>=11/shred,extend_rip=1,rip<=4,savage_roar>=3/mangle_cat,mangle<=1/rake,time_to_die>=9/shred,if=(buff.combo_points.stack<=4|dot.rip.remains>=1)&dot.mangle.remains>=0&dot.rake.remains>=1&(energy>=80|buff.omen_of_clarity.up|dot.rip.remains<=2|buff.berserk.up|cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3)/shred,time_to_die<=9/shred,cp<=0,savage_roar<=2'
    telling simcraft to take the equipment/enchants from the specified rawr save, making a nice html output of the results, running the simulation 10000 times, and run it on 2 cores (change this dependent on your cpu) 10k iterations is nice for a quick check, but to get accurate results you'll want to go up to 100k+

not sure if you can enter this with the standard windows command line, i use cygwin
    Aye worked perfectly, but for some silly reason it only extracted correctly using the 7zip beta : ) Thanks again Mihir.

Hi fellas.
    I'm looking for feral cat tips on Halion 25HC (it's pretty straightforward, but there is always a chance to improve your performance).
    Also looking for a cat pov video of the encounter, if anyone spares a link that would be great.

Currently i'm using berserk right after the first meteor to quickly burst adds, second pot after the 2nd phase starts - and we wipe %)
    Last edited by calibro; 2010-08-30 at 07:56 PM.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

If ArP is so uber, why not going for executioneer enchant from Zul'Aman?;> It increases armor penetration on proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    If ArP is so uber, why not going for executioneer enchant from Zul'Aman?;> It increases armor penetration on proc.
    It's 120 ArP on proc, you do use it, but only in a window of ArP between about 1200-1300 ArP on gear+food. ArP cap is 1400.

I used executioner for a long while. Being a proc and so limited in uptime, once you can hit proper hard cap it's far preferable to do so.

because you can get 100% passive and going beyond that point is wasted stat points?
    there IS a point where executioner outweighs the other enchants, allthough it's a very tight window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobson View Post
    because you can get 100% passive and going beyond that point is wasted stat points?
    there IS a point where executioner outweighs the other enchants, allthough it's a very tight window.
    Oook, thank you for normal, non-scrublol answer, I'm just going to spec cat from Moonkin and not rly into melee, so I know shit about ArP amounts;P

Adding hit

I'm currently gemmed all arp save one dragon's eye and 2 agi/crit gems. I am trying to tweak my gear for more dps and also assuming I'm going to get either the ilvl 271 sharpened twilight scale or heroic DBW shortly. I have 1347 arp currently, but only 71 hit, so I think I'm going to change both agi/crit gems into 20 hit gems. Are there any other places where I could regem or change gear around to increase my crit chance so I don't cap myself because of the low hit/expertise? I can't post a link to my armory, but I am Strut - US Argent Dawn. Thanks in advance for any comments!