Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    - Under the hit cap, unless you want to constantly bother RL with your group number, I recommend capping it with Icewalker enchant, it is +10 dps increase
    - BS instead of Enchanting would be a +30 dps or so for you

Can use a lot of upgrades:
    - Your 2nd trinket can be upgraded to normal DV/STS or heroic WFS/DV/STS
    - Crafted gear tends to be underbudgeted with bad socket colors, Marrow or LDW boots will be much better (pref heroic ofc)
    - Try to snag BiS agi cloak when no one else needs it
    - Also, H:LDW at 30% isn't really that hard boss even for casual groups/guilds, push your RL to try 9/12hm (neck, boots)

Overall: 9/10
    I am alliance and we have plenty of squids, so being .29% under hit cap is covered. STS is armor pen trinkets and there is no way you are going to tell me that is better than normal WSF and even if it was there is no way I am going to get it over a feral or rogue, DV might be but then I would have to go run raid content 2 tiers old that doesn't get run hardly ever. Yea I have been waiting for the boots off marrow or LDW for a long time and they never drop.

I just spent 15K leveling JC, I am not going to drop to BS for no reason. I am pretty sure that the cloak I am wearing is BiS for ret and not the agi one. We have tried LDW on HM a couple times and we probably will do so again in the near future, our problem atm is we don't have consistent turn out for the raid group so sometimes we are light on physical dps and that hurts us taking down dresses.

Also we don't run RS like at all for whatever reason, so getting in there is not very likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm merely describing the way you are acting towards me. I'm going to drop this now because it isn't constructive at all and I don't enjoy arguing with people who think they know everything and are as stubborn as a brick wall.

@Eladrin - Heroic STS is 2nd BiS for us behind TAJ/H TAJ. ArPen or not, the proc readily makes up for it. Reg STS is slightly better than H WFS, though worse than H DV/DC. If I recall, beyond H TAJ/TAJ it goes something like this: H STS > H DV > Reg STS > H WFS > Reg DV > Reg WFS (for the trinkets in question), though I am in no way saying you should take it over a war/hunter/feral/rogue, because I wouldn't either, since they get more out of it than us. As far as cloaks, yes, the gunship cloak is BiS for nearly all gear set ups. It IS better than rotface's, if you can get it, you should.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    I don't enjoy arguing with people who think they know everything and are as stubborn as a brick wall.
    Likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I am alliance and we have plenty of squids, so being .29% under hit cap is covered.
    Ook, I hope your squids never ever die.

STS is armor pen trinkets and there is no way you are going to tell me that is better than normal WSF
    Yep, it is better than normal WFS by ~50 dps.

and even if it was there is no way I am going to get it over a feral or rogue
    That's another matter, depends on raid/guild policy.

DV might be but then I would have to go run raid content 2 tiers old that doesn't get run hardly ever.
    There is hundreds of ToC25 pugs every week on my realm because people still need trinkets, but I can understand that your realm is different.
    Heroic WFS is still your best bet, but random loot is random, no one can tell when you going to get yours.

I just spent 15K leveling JC, I am not going to drop to BS for no reason.
    Well, it's not my fault you had (apparently) two so-so professions, I just pointed out where you can get dps increase, thats what this thread is about.

I am pretty sure that the cloak I am wearing is BiS for ret and not the agi one.
    I'm pretty sure you are wrong. I can sim your toon for you or you can just look at the EJ Heroic All Items Priority List. Agi cloak all the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    You are low during a bonestorm. 2 ghosts blo up on u so u have about 2k left. You get blown by the green ooze away from the raid and are running back in. Etc. The extra 12% I still say won't mean life or death, but the heal itself can.
    bonestorm: okay, i get that. you're spread out, you might not be able to reach the boss in time and you should be concerned with survival.
    ghosts: unless there is a frostbolt volley right after those ghosts blow up, you're not in immediate danger. and even if there was: 2 spirits blow up for 24K each on 25 man hc, and the frostbolt volley hits for 15K. i'm sorry, but even with the 30% buff, you aren't going to survive 63K damage. even tanks would have difficulties surviving that if you include the melee. on 10man, the chance of 2 ghosts attacking the melee is rather small. if you have 3 melee, you have a 6% chance of that happening. with 2 melee, the chance is 2%. and even then, it's easier to survive. frostbolt volley hits for 10K, vengeful for 18K.
    green ooze: the ooze explodes for 70K on 25man hc according to WoWhead. if you have a healthy raidmix (3 tanks, 5 healers, 8 melee, 9 ranged), then the ooze will hit each melee for less than 10K, assuming they all attack the ooze. i think if you need to heal after taking a 10K hit, your gear sucks too much.

so out of the 3 examples you gave, only 1 is actually viable, since the other ones are either a oneshot or a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely off-topic and I'm saying it for no real reason, but when we were doing H LDW this week (I tank the adds in p2) I had 3 ghosts spawn right next to me on each side and all ran at me. It hurt D:

Deleted
    i agree that this is worth debating over, but we should not do this in this thread.

i have created a thread dedicated to this discussion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-discussion

anyone who wants to continue the debate, feel free to do it in that thread, but not this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are wrong. I can sim your toon for you or you can just look at the EJ Heroic All Items Priority List. Agi cloak all the way.
    Shadowvault Slayer's cloak is indeed BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive amount of crit ftw.

Is moose going to join the ranks of prentice and badpaladin? You guys realize you have a 30% tenacity buff in ICC right? Flash healing yourself while in melee range of anything = you, your healers or both are slacking. People still stand out for bonestorm? lawl. I can see flashing sometimes on lady D but if you are doing the fight to maximize your dps you aren't going to have much downtime and using flashes is going to run you oom considering how much DS spam you should be doing to adds/boss. Same goes for dreamwalker.

I can see when running out of aoe explosion on sindy but why waste the proc on a flash when you could use it on exo? Even when at max range I'm still doing some sort of dps and if exo is down im using SS on myself, not some shitty flash heal. At this point in the game if you are going to die, you are going to DIE due to some sort of big hit (ghosts, HLK mechanics, multiple oozes, etc) and there is nothing that you can do to save yourself from instagibs. If your having to heal marked targets on saurfang and some of the other crappy examples listed here then I would start looking for a new raid asap. If you really wanna play healer then instead of doing flash heals as a ret paladin why not pickup the divine storm glyph for 15% extra heal boost to one of your most spammable attacks and drop consecrate. I bet doing that is a lot less dps loss then casting flashes on raid members....

On topic:

Fredzilla 0/10 for no armory link and im lazy Ronark grats on replacing your +hit gem and playing around with the idea of picking up your ring socket bonuses. 10/10 lvu.
    Last edited by Faids; 2010-09-10 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, i got rated like yesterday, so I'm good for now.

heroic arthas downed. bout damned time too.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats man. We finally managed to get H Sin down with our group (though I asphyxiated a few too many times in the process for my liking).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faids View Post
    Fredzilla 0/10 for no armory link and im lazy Ronark grats on replacing your +hit gem and playing around with the idea of picking up your ring socket bonuses. 10/10 lvu.
    Im waiting for the damn Paladin i277 tokens to drop.

With clearing BQL at least on heroic for a few months, I think we have had only 1 Pa/Pr/W token drop.

Then I can drop the EXP gems : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faids View Post
    Is moose going to join the ranks of prentice and badpaladin? You guys realize you have a 30% tenacity buff in ICC right? Flash healing yourself while in melee range of anything = you, your healers or both are slacking. People still stand out for bonestorm? lawl. I can see flashing sometimes on lady D but if you are doing the fight to maximize your dps you aren't going to have much downtime and using flashes is going to run you oom considering how much DS spam you should be doing to adds/boss. Same goes for dreamwalker.

I can see when running out of aoe explosion on sindy but why waste the proc on a flash when you could use it on exo? Even when at max range I'm still doing some sort of dps and if exo is down im using SS on myself, not some shitty flash heal. At this point in the game if you are going to die, you are going to DIE due to some sort of big hit (ghosts, HLK mechanics, multiple oozes, etc) and there is nothing that you can do to save yourself from instagibs. If your having to heal marked targets on saurfang and some of the other crappy examples listed here then I would start looking for a new raid asap. If you really wanna play healer then instead of doing flash heals as a ret paladin why not pickup the divine storm glyph for 15% extra heal boost to one of your most spammable attacks and drop consecrate. I bet doing that is a lot less dps loss then casting flashes on raid members....

On topic:

I think it's all based on how you play and how your raids go, I toss fol heals all the time. I'm not going to sacrifice my DPS to heal unless it's a LoH but I throw fol heals that are instant all the time if I see someone in need of a heal or someone just took a res and they need a heal before possibly dying again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I posted my paladin earlier on in the thread and it's been some time and some upgrades since, so I'm going to post her again and see what kind of rating I get this time around..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...har&cn=Railene

And apparently it hasn't updated to show the change in gems I did earlier today. Go armory. The Nightmare Tear is in the chestpiece as of right now, not sure why it hasn't updated to reflect that. I did it sometime yesterday afternoon.
    Last edited by Paragon; 2010-09-10 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I posted my paladin earlier on in the thread and it's been some time and some upgrades since, so I'm going to post her again and see what kind of rating I get this time around..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...har&cn=Railene

And apparently it hasn't updated to show the change in gems I did earlier today. Go armory. The Nightmare Tear is in the chestpiece as of right now, not sure why it hasn't updated to reflect that. I did it sometime yesterday afternoon.
    need a neg patch, mining is useless for ret, not sure on if the exo glyph was a good choice over sov glyph. and you really need to dump that hwt for a dc, taj, or halion one.
    Pondering returning.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    need a neg patch, mining is useless for ret, not sure on if the exo glyph was a good choice over sov glyph. and you really need to dump that hwt for a dc, taj, or halion one.
    Fuck, I still haven't gotten the leg armor. ><
    I won't be dropping my profession, though I might come Cataclysm, depending.
    Is being 3 under exp really worth grabbing a glyph to throw it over by 7?
    And god I wish.. My guild can't get to Putri on 25, sadly. And they suck at RS, as do the pugs who do worse. I've made attempts at DV, but no dice so far.

run the glyphs through rawr. im not sure what would be better there.
    Pondering returning.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    More of a curious question. Where can you see the logs of the best dpsers etc?