Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mmmmmmm very very interesting...... I LOVE IT! <3

As a lore buff, I have a feeling I'm going to love this.

This looks amazing.

I am seriously excited about this, one of the nicest things about the expansion for me. I can't wait to spend however much time it takes to complete every achievement and find every artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    This looks amazing.

I am seriously excited about this, one of the nicest things about the expansion for me. I can't wait to spend however much time it takes to complete every achievement and find every artifact.
    Absolutely This.

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH OP for taking your time to share this detailed info! I am 150% looking forward to archaeology!

One thing this makes me ask:

Are there any addons that would let me draw on my map?

The idea is this. Use the survey ability. On your map, draw a line following the direction of the scope.

Fly to a spot not on the line, use survey. Draw that line.

Fly right to where they cross.

Or would it just be easier to go along the line and make periodic checks?
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uriahworld View Post
    Another video of how Survey works (Archaeology). Nice and long:
    youtube.com/watch?v=RIzy6l8uSQQ
    It's really nice to have archeology on video, but this guy just keeps using "survey" every two steps even when the light is red. The Twilight dig site was kind of painful to watch. Here's another one: youtube.com/watch?v=q3K4crtfEPk

edit: I have a question if anyone here can answer it... is it possible to get an "solved" artifact again after solving it once and say, for example, selling it to a vendor? Because looking at this I'll probably want to keep every one of them, but with my bank full of tier sets I'll have no choice but to sell most this stuff.
    Last edited by Scimitar; 2010-09-10 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Archaeology: Blessing of the Old God

Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata Ryiu wgah uul'gwa H'iwn guu'lal. Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata Ryiu wgah uul'gwa H'iwn guu'lal. Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata Ryiu wgah uul'gwa H'iwn guu'lal."

cool stuff MortalWombat,

thanks for taking the time to share with us lesser people without beta :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by o_0 View Post
    Bump for sticky if not already
    Dont think they can be sticked

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks... looks sweet!

If you happen to dig up a clue for the release date at one of the sites...

No, no, really... thanks for the tease! /cry
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

15+ Year Old Account
    This actually sounds really cool, thanks for posting! Wasn't aware it was implemented in beta now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    It's really nice to have archeology on video, but this guy just keeps using "survey" every two steps even when the light is red. The Twilight dig site was kind of painful to watch. Here's another one: youtube.com/watch?v=q3K4crtfEPk

edit: I have a question if anyone here can answer it... is it possible to get an "solved" artifact again after solving it once and say, for example, selling it to a vendor? Because looking at this I'll probably want to keep every one of them, but with my bank full of tier sets I'll have no choice but to sell most this stuff.
    Painful is right. You can skip about 3 minutes ahead in the Twilight Highlands portion and a good minute or two in Hinterlands and just skip him wasting time with it.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    As a lore buff, I have a feeling I'm going to love this.
    This

the profession it self seems fun and i want the Professor title
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    remember jiffy pop? Todays pop corn is ez mode for casuals :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    One thing this makes me ask:

The idea is this. Use the survey ability. On your map, draw a line following the direction of the scope.

Or would it just be easier to go along the line and make periodic checks?
    Not sure, I think blizzard takes offense to that type of addon but I don't think it would help you a lot. You don't travel that far from the scope, what I do is get on my flying mount and fly that direction for 5 seconds if its red, 3 if its yellow, and 2 if its green. Also it doesn't seem to always point directly at the object, sometimes after going in a line and using it again it tells me to shift the direction a little.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makak View Post
    so wait ... archeology is on beta now ??
    No, it's not. All these pictures are from live.

Seriously, did you have to ask that question? One of the stupidest questions I've ever heard..or read, for that matter..
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

You guys must not mix two things up:

You survey for race fragments in dig sites. and with them you make Artifacts. You get 1 choice per race, and it sticks until you "solve" it, at which point it gives you a new random one to do. You can get repeat. It will usually be a common artifact(giving a grey item doing nothing), but you can sometimes have a rare one pop up, which require alot of fragment(the pet skeleton raptor needs 85 fossils).

You never dig up rare stuff, it's all made with the menu.

To use the special item, when you have it, a special icon (hexagon) appears onthe artifact page of that arce in the lower left corner, clicking that icon pops the item in, and it acts as having 6 fragments. And since you get from 6 to 12 fragment per dig site(each "dig" gives 2-4 fragments, and you can dig a maximum of 3 times in a dig site.."

As for how the dig site works, you get 4 total from all the possible choices per Continent. (Kalimdor, EK, Outland, Northrend). They stick until you empty one(do 3 digs) then a new site replaces it and so on. It's All totally random.

Right now there are artifacts only for dwarfs, fossils, nightelves and trolls. But you can dig Tol'vir(uldum), Orcs, Draeni(Outlands), Nerubian and Vrykul(Northrend).

I'm yet to find the tenth race, but I'm betting it's gonna be Titans relics.

Right now it's made for people with flying mounts.

EDIT: Just noticed Ghostcrawler made a post on archeology on the beta forum - professions forum.
    Apparently, all 4 dig sites will be in zones of your lvl or lower ALWAYS. so a lvl 20 will have all 4 dig sites in lvl 20 zones or lower. Pretty nice when leveling up then.
    Last edited by Jawstrock; 2010-09-11 at 07:36 AM.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post

I had the same thought, however "Augmented Reality" addons have been banned around 3.3.3. But I guess if would be possible for an addon to drwa two lines on the minimap, as long as there is a way to get the direction in which the survey is pointing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musterion View Post
    "Archaeology: Blessing of the Old God

Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata Ryiu wgah uul'gwa H'iwn guu'lal. Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata Ryiu wgah uul'gwa H'iwn guu'lal. Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata Ryiu wgah uul'gwa H'iwn guu'lal."

huh?

awesome info and archaeology looks very interesting