Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    On one hand BL sounds good, but its not needed for hunter, since raids are usually filled with at least 2 shamans (1 of them being resto) and 2 mages, and its not like you can stack that buff (unless they changed something).

Kings on the other hand sounds more reasonable, since palies will just give other buffs like Might or Wisdom.

I like "Supporter class" approach from blizzard, yet they are to late and making 1 spec as a supporter wont change anything. Maybe next expansion...

The most important question about pets.

DO THEY STILL DO THE IDIOTIC DANCE WITH A MOB ACROSS A FUCKING ZONE AND AGGRO EVERYTHING.

the lion head is still too big imo and reusing the old tiger model is lame. A lion is not a brown tiger.
    Lion: http://photos.igougo.com/images/p223..._Lion_Park.jpg
    Tiger: http://www.yellow-tiger.ch/images/Tiger.jpg

Fellow hunters, just to let you know. They will nerf the hell out of this. I guarantee it. So don't get your hopes up just yet. The Shamans will QQ enough to get get the job done for us.
    Trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    The most important question about pets.

DO THEY STILL DO THE IDIOTIC DANCE WITH A MOB ACROSS A FUCKING ZONE AND AGGRO EVERYTHING.
    That's not a pet issue. That's an NPC pathing issue I believe. The same thing that causes the boss to run behind the tank when he runs in.

Plus if you see your pet do that, why not just call it back to you and retry sending it in?

15+ Year Old Account
    sonic blast is missing the (Bat) tag. All the other abilities show what creature does the attack.

The latest beta build was HUGE, you can expect a lot of interesting things in the next days/weeks, we're definitely getting closer to a release date.
    Come on, there's no need to get my hopes up like that. I'm a delicate person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    the lion head is still too big imo and reusing the old tiger model is lame. A lion is not a brown tiger.
    Lion: http://photos.igougo.com/images/p223..._Lion_Park.jpg
    Tiger: http://www.yellow-tiger.ch/images/Tiger.jpg
    It probably doesn't help that those two images make Tigers and Lions look extremely similar, stance and all. Though neither one in game looks like either one of those pictures :P
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

I really hope they up the points per win and loss for Rated BGs.

Anyone that's ever tried to grind a 5s team to high rating knows how mind-numbing and discouraging the task of keeping just FIVE people together is, much less a team of 10, 15 or 25.

Queue times for rated BGs might be very, very long if you are at higher ratings. Perhaps what they could do is expand the rating range of potential matches in the first two minutes in queue, but equally decrease the rating change when you aren't fighting teams within 100TR of your BG Matchmaking Rating.

And they'd better use Matchmaking Rating to manage Rated BG rating, since it works and they can carbon copy it. Anything else would be idiotic.

Finally some hunter love.
    Although I dont belive this will stay as it is, corect me if wrong but I think Blizz said that hunter pets will have minor buffs similar to those other classes can bring, so that when a buff is missing, hunters pet can replace it with a minor, a bit weaker one.

Oh and the mount... SWEET!

Hunter is clearly a PURE class, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Update - Forgot to add Tailspin and Embrace of the Shale Spider to the hunter pet abilities, the % value on Embrace of the Shale Spider is obviously a bug.

why is the % value a bug? you know kings and mark of wild give 5% to all stats now instead of kings giving 10% so it appears to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Guys stop crying, hunters will have 1 of these buffs up at one time, not all of them :P. Really interesting to see people crying because they will now have more buffs available in 10mans. Arenas will barely matter because of rated BGs. Im wondering if you will still have to be BM for Corehound though...
    Funnier still, its only the shaman crying. "Boo hoo! Now I have to be good at my class to get into a group, not just because of my buff!" Personally I love this buff to core-hounds (I play a hunter AND a shaman)with this change I won't just be drug around on my shaman 24/7 because of her buff. I can play something DIFFERENT. (Like my main)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. Hunters get to be useful now? WOOT!

More reason to stick with my hunter.

Deleted
    When I read that Mages would get their own Bloodlust, I grumbled, but I didn't protest.
    Now, however, I feel that a huge border is being crossed.

Bloodlust / Heroism
    •Ancient Hysteria (Core Hound - E) - Increases melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec.
    Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust or Time Warp again for 10 min. / Instant, 6 min cooldown
    WHAT
    THE
    HELL?!

What on earth is wrong with Blizzard?! Hunters do not need a Bloodlust. Hell, they don't deserve one!
    Bloodlust is one of the very few remaining key spells left which make the Shaman stand out, and I am strongly against handing it out to all the other classes out there. Sure, Shamans were considered OP once, but this was back in Vanilla when Frost Shock was still strong! We've passed that point, yet still they continue to take abuse over, and over, and over...

And for you sceptics who say that Shamans still have totems, who cares if they do? The buffs they give are only mediocre, we only really use a handful of the thouzands of totems we recieve, and they die in one hit.

While I (reluctantly) allow Mages to have Bloodlust, I'm going to have to make a stand here.
    SAY NO TO HUNTERS WITH BLOODLUST!!!

If hunters, a "pure class" are getting all that utility. As a shadow priest I hope us "hybrid dps" get fing even dps potential with them...

15+ Year Old Account
    did I miss something or are cats really missing from that huge "buffer-pet" list there?

The hunter pet changes are just going to make them the most annoying and OP class in rated BGs and Arena's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    When I read that Mages would get their own Bloodlust, I grumbled, but I didn't protest.
    Now, however, I feel that a huge border is being crossed.

WHAT
    THE
    HELL?!

What on earth is wrong with Blizzard?! Hunters do not need a Bloodlust. Hell, they don't deserve one!
    Bloodlust is one of the very few remaining key spells left which make the Shaman stand out, and I am strongly against handing it out to all the other classes out there. Sure, Shamans were considered OP once, but this was back in Vanilla when Frost Shock was still strong! We've passed that point, yet still they continue to take abuse over, and over, and over...

And for you sceptics who say that Shamans still have totems, who cares if they do? The buffs they give are only mediocre, we only really use a handful of the thouzands of totems we recieve, and they die in one hit.

While I (reluctantly) allow Mages to have Bloodlust, I'm going to have to make a stand here.
    SAY NO TO HUNTERS WITH BLOODLUST!!!
    No offense, but if you think the only thing that makes the Shaman stand out was its ability to be guaranteed a raid spot (skilled or not) because of an oft-considered important buff to the raid itself, then I'm afraid you don't deserve the buff, either.
    Not to say there aren't really good Shaman out there. I'm just saying that I would rather be put on standby because we had a Shaman that was, for all intents and purposes, better than me than being put on standby because a Shaman is required with lust in order to clear the boss we're at currently. That is a situation we all would rather be in, I think.

In the end, Hunters could very well never need to use Blust. I very rarely end up in a group that doesn't have either a Mage or a Shaman, but if I do, then I would gladly switch my spec to BM with a corehound in order to give the raid that buff. The only time we gain a benefit from it is when a Shaman or Mage is not in the group. If they are, then we're either using a different pet or using a different spec entirely, because there would be no point.

Tying the ability into a pet that requires a spec to use is more like saying "Hey, we're backup lust in case there is no Mage or Shaman in the group currently." It's not a game-breaker, and I can assure you that the Corehound will not be our top DPS pet. Not by a long shot. Even as BM, if we have a choice, we will probably still go with a Devilsaur if we don't need to provide lust, if the current game is any indication.

---------- Post added 2010-09-11 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    The hunter pet changes are just going to make them the most annoying and OP class in rated BGs and Arena's.
    How do you figure? It's not like we're the only one providing the buff. Hell, if you wanted to, you could probably kill a Corehound really quickly without any concern, and then we're without that all-important buff. We can't use it without our pet alive. That's a disadvantage right there.

Mages are getting screwed. When Shaman got BL it was unique and exclusive for a long time. Mages are now getting a max level spell but hey...it's not unique and exclusive. Now even a dog is getting it. Mages should be getting BL as a sub-80 spell and something new and unique like everyone else in the 85 slot.