Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by necoanonymoose View Post
    There's one question you didn't answer, will patch 4.0 add the new class / race combonations?
    No.

so i dled it and got the cata patch thing going then i played while it was streaming but i closed the wow game any idea how i can get back on it? its not in the ptr downloader folder and cant seem to find the launcher anywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by necoanonymoose View Post
    There's one question you didn't answer, will patch 4.0 add the new class / race combonations?
    Yes and no.

Yes, as in, yes it will be in the game, implemented in the files.

No, as in, it's in there, but it'll be locked till the official release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    Actually that just means we'll be rid of the shitty players that only tanked or healed for the sake of a fast queue/raid invite, who we put up with for the sake of our own convenience, and the tanks/healers that were actually worth a damn will still be around. In other words, bad players can no longer live under the delusion that they aren't bad.
    That may be true, but the fact will remain, fewer tanks and healers and even longer wait time for dps.

So who thinks that the felguard for warlocks at lvl 10 is terrible. The imp does more damage and it can't taunt so no holding threat either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deattt View Post
    Does anyone have solution how to fix this error "The shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\World of Warcraft Public Test\Blizzard Technical Support.lnk" could not be created. The file "TechSupport.url" could not be found." I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64bit version. Already tried to run it as administrator without positive results.
    Install wow in C:/users/public/wow. That was the only way i could make wow work in my windows vista ultimate 64 bit version.

and now when i try to log PTR it crashes...lol.

this concludes the test.

Going to test the Moonkin Eclipse mechanic first.

Deleted
    Anyone else have the problem of getting Critical Errors when loading a character? And how do I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    What I find more scary is how when I log on Beta; I feel like they still have a lot more work to do.
    I just hope we don't get Cataclysm released full of bugs and issues that were reported a bazillion times...
    This so badly...beta in my eyes still has along way to go and its rather naieve of blizz if they think otherwise and that its about wrapped up...
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

10+ Year Old Account
    so in the PTR people are able to bug themselves to be able to fly in Azeroth, some guy is charging 500 gold just to tell how its done XD

There's a rather NICE bug in the PTR.

If you go through a Shattrath or Dalaran portal or the Dark Portal while on a flying mount, it does not dismount you or convert it to ground form. You can fly in capital cities and around the Dark Portal.

Unfortunately, if you get too far away from the Dark Portal or outside of a capital city, it dismounts you. This can be fatal.

However...

...it does not de-shapeshift druids in Swift Flight Form. (I've been unable to test normal Flight Form since I don't have a druid without Swift Flight Form trained and I don't think I can create and level a new one to 60 before they patch this bug.)

I was able to get all the way from the Dark Portal to Blackrock Mountain (trying the same trip on a Black Drake for an ironic screenshot was what led me to discover the fatal-dismount field outside the Dark Portal and Undercity) and from Thunder Bluff to Hyjal--where the No Man's Land debuff is still in effect, I got ported to Darkwhisper Gorge. Finished up by getting a nice screenshot of dancing with the Shatterspear Trolls while under the Darkspear Warrior transformation, and made a few new night elf hunters laugh over near Aldrassil. (Teldrassil, by the way, is still incredibly huge. Being able to finally grasp its entire size at once has not decreased its awesomeness for me.)

So if you've got a druid, take the chance! There'll be no more opportunities to see glitchy areas and bad texture edges after Deathwing destroys... them... hmmm, maybe he's not such a bad dude after all...

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    so in the PTR people are able to bug themselves to be able to fly in Azeroth, some guy is charging 500 gold just to tell how its done XD
    Bahaha. Gold. On the PTR. XD

Besides, if you've read my previous post, you'll know for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfadorfox View Post
    There's a rather NICE bug in the PTR.

Bahaha. Gold. On the PTR. XD

Besides, if you've read my previous post, you'll know for free.
    i had accualy just figured this out XD, its not really the city its just you cant go to far away from the portal exits
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Interesting to see all the speculations on when Cata comes out. Looking at Beta, there is still so much they need to do. If it even does come out this year, it is going to be rushed to get holiday sales. Hell, Female Worgen have not even be implemented into the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by garylisk View Post
    ZOMG I am hyped!

I suppose the new Race/Class combos are considered "Cataclysm-Only"? Dying to get my hands on a Troll Druid, even though I am rolling one when Cata comes out.
    sorry to dissapoint you but you can't test that yet (nor the Worgen and Goblins)

I didn't have enough free space for the whole download, so I cleared up some space and now I keep getting "The installer does not need to be applied. It requires a version of "World of Warcraft.app" older than 4.0.0.12635, but you already have version 4.0.1.12824." every time I try to install.

No ptr for me I guess

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Character Copy is working now.

I'm like 5 hours into the download and I still have 5.1GB left to go. is that normal? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    I didn't have enough free space for the whole download, so I cleared up some space and now I keep getting "The installer does not need to be applied. It requires a version of "World of Warcraft.app" older than 4.0.0.12635, but you already have version 4.0.1.12824." every time I try to install.

No ptr for me I guess
    If I understand you correctly, you mean the installer.exe when you first downloaded the initial setup file (around 100MB) of the PTR?
    If so, you should just start the launcher.exe and it will continue to download the rest.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Hellooouu.....I'm Greg, you might know me as Ghostcrawler......you might know me as that asshole that nerfed your class.
    Pure WIN.