Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Malfurion is holding back the untethered fury of all the elements. the cyclone is just a consequence of his efforts.

Thrall is a Shaman.
    Shaman are better with the elements.(They don't control the elements, they merely ask for assistance.)
    Druids are better with Nature.
    Holding up the elemental plane would be best done by Shamans.
    Hence the Earthen Ring helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why this is in question. Thrall is powerful and all but Malfurion is like "The One", when he's sad it rains, when he's mad it's a hurricane.

In the books Malfurion thinking Tyrande was dead sent the continent into a huge maelstrom, if he's struggling with a tornado then they've screwed up his powers in game.
    Was it in a series with Rhonin too? I wouldnt consider it 'canon', even if Blizzard acknowledges it.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2010-09-15 at 02:39 AM.

Yes, but I think the question we all want to know is... who's staff is more epic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord-Kromgar View Post
    Lol... Knaak, Knaak, all he did in the book was make malfurion look OP as possible.
    I'm sure Metzen had a little something to do with that, he has a huge hard on for Malfurion. He's said time and time again he's his fav charactor in the WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i recall correctly, the cyclone is more of a "Oh god lets channel all this wrath into a tornado so i can keep this half of the world from being blown away" sort of thing, and since he has to channel it, he needs outside assistance to weaken the cyclone's power.

Um... Am I the only one that knows that Malfurion isn't holding back the twister, he's making it?

There have been screenshots showing that the Twilight cult was trying to invade Darkshore by air. He's making that cyclone to trap them inside, keeping them from hurting all the lowbie nelfs with their Old God corpse to the south.

Comparing a druid with a shaman in any way other than hairstyles is like comparing the color green with the number 32, otherwise they wouldn't be separate classes. Also, I'd like it to be said that age does not mean they're more powerful, by way of experience or otherwise. Grom was a little over 100 years old and he killed Mannoroth who was at least 10,000 years old. Using your logic, the 100 y/o berserking retard with "teh Gorehowl" should have been no match for the 20-foot tall pit lord made entirely of felflame and badassery. Just my two cents.

Edit:
    P.S.
    Shamans don't communicate with elementals, they communicate with elemental spirits. Elementalists, like most of the Twilight Cultists, talk to elementals and do as they ask. Elemental spirits are the literal embodiments of like a specific lake or some shit that shamans ask to do stuff.
    Last edited by Smigglephor; 2010-09-15 at 02:50 AM.

Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Quote Originally Posted by MaraMash View Post
    Um... Am I the only one that knows that Malfurion isn't holding back the twister, he's making it?

There have been screenshots showing that the Twilight cult was trying to invade Darkshore by air. He's making that cyclone to trap them inside, keeping them from hurting all the lowbie nelfs with their Old God corpse to the south.
    If you watched the leveling video you would know he didn't even know there was a twilight portal or twilight dragons in the twister

Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.
    oh thanks, i've been looking for a sig to use here

lmfao, I love this.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord-Kromgar View Post
    Lol... Knaak, Knaak, all he did in the book was make malfurion look OP as possible.
    Unless it's changed, it's going to be official lore. Just like Varian killing Onyxia, you may hate it, everyone may hate Knaak, but lore is lore. It depends on what Blizz says about it.

Sure thrall has the ER helping him, but they are inside the realm of earth, he stands alone out side. The only other person is the Flight master and the shark rider lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    Better ingredients, better pizza. Papa Johns.
    Your randomness brought much laughter to my heart.

Malfurion >>> Thrall

Malfurion is nearly as powerful as a Demigod whereas Thrall came up from the dumps to become a relatively powerful being (even if he IS the most powerful Shaman which... Ner'zhul, if he's a Shaman, is stronger).

I'm not sure if any of that is right but the atmosphere of warcraft III largely showed Malfurion and the Night Elves as a whole being a shit ton stronger than any of the other races. It mighta been due to their immortality at the time but that didn't seem to have helped Cenarius.

Now Grom vs. Malfurion, there's a better match.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Fairly certain Malfurion created the cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Unless it's changed, it's going to be official lore. Just like Varian killing Onyxia, you may hate it, everyone may hate Knaak, but lore is lore. It depends on what Blizz says about it.
    It's already lore. Knaak was approached by Blizzard to write for WoW, not the other way around. He's not some fanfic writer, he's on the payroll. If they had an issue with anything he writes they're edit it out, and if they don't it's lore. You might have to wait for it to become part of WoW gameplay, but it's lore. Varian isn't in-game because he escaped from and killed Ony; he escaped from and killed Ony because Blizz wanted him back and needed an explanation, so they got the comic book guys on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myndtaker View Post
    Sure thrall has the ER helping him, but they are inside the realm of earth, he stands alone out side. The only other person is the Flight master and the shark rider lol
    Nobundo and a few others, at least, are on the outside with him.

droods are ANIMALS and NATURE, while shamans are STORM EARTH AND FIRE. u wanna compare? a shamans are lorewise WAY stronger than a drood in 1v1, lets speak in epic thrall/malfurion proportions.
    Nature is the beautiful cover of the elemental plane, its the HIDE of the planet, and ure saying nature>elements.

I mean, not discussing thral vs malfurion, but drood vs shaman.
    nature revolves around life while elements revolve around...everything else!
    all the other planets exist pretty well without trees and deers /watchmen quote
    Last edited by Cruckesmus; 2010-09-15 at 03:34 AM.