15+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm Power Aura's

i wonder do feral druids get any power aura's pop up while dpsing ?

and is this custumiseable to show something when for example my savage raor has run out ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

We do get an aura for Omen of Clarity procs

Deleted
    it's for procs only, not for spells you have to/can activate.

I'm hoping the Power Aura mod will still be supported by the author in Cata. It SORTA works on the ptr, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. *crosses fingers*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

I don't think the term PowerAuras is fitting. Because currently it only shows procs of your abilities - which is only a small part of the actual PowerAuras addon.
    The blizzard implementation lacks tracking of buffs and debuffs (on enemies too, like living bomb and stuff like that)
    Not saying that it sucks, it's just not really a full PowerAuras replacement but a nice visual for something that was in the game already, noticing you of procs. That was already available as text messages when showing combat text - now it has some VERY nice graphics to it (I hope we can use those textures for the PowerAuras addon)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    We will still be using power aura for things like "do I have Thorns on" and such. The new feature wont effect me much but will make it easier for a new player (or a player who is at a LAN cafe) to know when they are getting procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    We will still be using power aura for things like "do I have Thorns on" and such. The new feature wont effect me much but will make it easier for a new player (or a player who is at a LAN cafe) to know when they are getting procs.
    They need to make Thorns castable in Cat/Bear form first, right now it's going to be unuseable for 99.9% of the content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    and is this custumiseable to show something when for example my savage raor has run out ?
    You might wanna keep the original PowerAuras in that case, since you can work alot more with it.

PTR is all sorts of messed up currently. Water texture for one, if set to fair turns completely invisible. That being said, I would assume several people would be a bit upset if the current Power Auras were to stop functioning. And on that theory alone, I'm quite sure it will continue to function, and will have the ability to use the textures from Blizzards new built in design.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I don't think the term PowerAuras is fitting. Because currently it only shows procs of your abilities - which is only a small part of the actual PowerAuras addon.
    The blizzard implementation lacks tracking of buffs and debuffs (on enemies too, like living bomb and stuff like that)
    Not saying that it sucks, it's just not really a full PowerAuras replacement but a nice visual for something that was in the game already, noticing you of procs. That was already available as text messages when showing combat text - now it has some VERY nice graphics to it (I hope we can use those textures for the PowerAuras addon)
    This ^^

That 1 mod replaced so many other mods all at once. It's so crazy powerful once you really get into it. The Blizz one is very nice looking and will help newer people, but in no way can replace the mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the infomation, and yes the graphics do look awsome i wonder how they made it lol

and from an addon desinger point of vieuw (i do design my own addons): it should not be to hard to include the blizzard graphics is power aura's
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    There was at least a popup for rogue's Slice'n'Dice in the first preview of the feature here on MMO-Champion. Of course this does not mean this and popups for similar effetcs (like SR) will make it to live. To be honest I prefer to track my buffs/debuffs with small icons/bars instead of fancy graphical effects. People who want that can still use the regular PowerAuras.

It goes a little deeper than that.. at least I noticed on my hunter, that I tried surv spec on, if got Lock'n'Load proc, the arcane+explosive shot buttons got highlighted on the bar to indicate they had some special effect ready...
    Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work with macro'd button :/