Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To be honest, I don't think that doing it with only 10m gear is that hard. Our guild stopped raiding 25m a very long time, and got the title just some weeks ago. Nothing to brag about imo.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    See this is the problem, and where most of the flaming/ranting is going to come from. Saying its like the titles for Uld/Toc or whatever is not strictly true. Those are rules set upon by the game itself. This has been set up by players themselves, and I've heard many different variations as to what is "allowed". For example, several people in the Typhoon Struggle (world first) thread said no 25 man gear at all, even from previous tiers. Then it turned out that one of their guys was wearing the ToC25 caster trinket and someone said ToC25 stuff was allowed as long as it wasnt heroic. Something like that anyway. Having a quick read on the guildox website, VoA25 and Ony25 are considered allowed as well (ony is understandable as the gear is fairly low, but VoA is still dropping gear on the level of HC ICC10). And there is still stuff thats a bit vague. No more than 8 players can have a Marrowgar kill, but what after that? Does it exempt you for further kills, or can you have 7 players clearing up to the lich king? Your boomkin has 25 man boots, the ones from Gunship?

Its still a decent accomplishment, and you should be congratulated for it. But on the other hand, setting this precedent for lauding people based on a set of arbitrary and sometimes vague rules is something that bothers me. For example, whats to stop the next lot claiming a "true" world first if they dont have anyone with 25 man ICC gear in?

Apologies for sounding like I'm taking away from what you've done though, it still is a very good feat.
    No stop with the reason you are taking away from my chance to be World First H LK while the raid leader was naked in rl. How dare you tell people to stop posting inane firsts before I could get my naked raiding world first. Next you are going to tell me I took all those pictures and set up that camera to record this event for no reason!!! I was all set up to prove my naked raiding world first why did you have to burst my bubble?

just so you all know that was sarcasm don't want anyone getting all hot and bothered and looking for those photos or feeds
    Last edited by Endler89; 2010-09-21 at 07:55 PM.

On the first look it seems to be not that impressive but if you consider that there f***ing lots of items that are currently essential for a class and only drops in 25 man icc (dfo, dbw, tiny abomination in a jar and weapons ....) , it's definitely a great achievement. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctan View Post
    On the first look it seems to be not that impressive but if you consider that there f***ing lots of items that are currently essential for a class and only drops in 25 man icc (dfo, dbw, tiny abomination in a jar and weapons ....) , it's definitely a great achievement. Congrats.
    While the items you mentioned provide a nice boost of a couple of hundred dps, they don't even come close to an extra 15-20% buff to hps, damage and healing. I'd imagine you get something like an extra 5% maybe 10% boost using ICC 25 gear over ICC 10 gear.

For that reason I don't find this worthy of congratulations any more than I would grats a guild who did it before 30% buff but used all the gear available including 25 man stuff.

There's certainly no more challenge for a strict 10 man guild to kill LK 10 hard mode with 30% buff than there was for any normal guild who did it between 0% and 25% buff.

Well it all adds up, when you're restricted to 10 man only gear you''ll probably see your elemental shaman using a mp5 shield, most of the players using only one good trinket with 264 ilvl (only heal and meele dps badges trinket for some classes are useful, apart from the tank one) so the other slot will probably be a toc 245 one. U don't have the chance to optimise your stats by having the choice which item to use on one slot because on nearly all slots there is only one item from 10men icc. Also you're missing Shadowmourne which most guild had access to when they killed it (except you killed it with 5%) and is a hell of an dps boost for one of your 2hand melees. So all in all I would say, killing heroic lich king 10 player with strict 10 man only equipment is like a 15% - 20% kill with gear from the 25 Raid.

So it's still pretty good in my opinion and i totally respect their performance on this encounter also if it's a bit enthusiastic to call out such an ''firstkill'' in mid september.

While everybody is busy fighting over the exact rules of 10 man strict, I find this a much more interesting post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Since when do you need a H LK kill to post your opinion.

Please tell me how it is impressive to kill HC LK 10 man with 30% buff this short before Cataclysm release (how many months is that?). People killed him on 10 man months ago with ilvl 264/251 gear without buff already. I also doubt this is US first even if it's a strict 10 man guild. I don't think many people are bothered to post this kind of "first kills"...

There are many people who already done it with ilvl 264 gear months ago. Grats on your kill and I understand it's a challenge and you are proud of it but did you really had to post that here and call it a world first?

Gz and sorry but people posting this and call it horde EU first strict 10 man LK hc kill is just pathetic.

Edit: don't get me wrong. If you just posted: "Hi, we finally killed LK HC with our 10 man strict guild and it was awesome." I would have just congratulated you.
    A raid full of iLvl 264 gear with 30% buff, is nowhere near impressive :s gratz on the kill, but this is no spectacular feat at all

Congratulations, very impressive achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    While the items you mentioned provide a nice boost of a couple of hundred dps, they don't even come close to an extra 15-20% buff to hps, damage and healing. I'd imagine you get something like an extra 5% maybe 10% boost using ICC 25 gear over ICC 10 gear.

For that reason I don't find this worthy of congratulations any more than I would grats a guild who did it before 30% buff but used all the gear available including 25 man stuff.

There's certainly no more challenge for a strict 10 man guild to kill LK 10 hard mode with 30% buff than there was for any normal guild who did it between 0% and 25% buff.
    this man speaks the truth. However grazs to anyone who did hlk on any size, therefore also kudos to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats again!

Video was great , showed how well you executed the fight , great work

There is people with Toc 25man gear.. soo.. not a strict sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    There is people with Toc 25man gear.. soo.. not a strict sorry
    Jebus! Read the strict rules, visit guildox.com who makes the rankings / rules - It is a strict kill!
    As mentioned many many times before, a strict guild is allowed to do ToC25, not ToGC25/ICC25/ICCH25.
    A strict guild i allowed to have up to 8 members in the guild with 25man achievements and Vortex has 3 - dunno how many of those were in the kill-group though... but again, it doesn't really matter as long as they follow the rules.
    /Gnuss, The Typhoon Struggle

You killed 10m HLK in 264 gear at 30% buff. Grats, Paragon did that over 6 months ago at 5%, long before they had 25m on farmed.

Deleted
    Fail ratation is fail, use shadowbolt before using corruption and immolate.
    And having your pet charge/stun active 24/7 isnt really fantastic for Valkyrs.

But gz with the kill.
    Last edited by mmoc0ca13aa1e1; 2010-09-22 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on the achievement, I've no doubt you worked hard for it. Now start working on doing it without the buff for a world first!
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    This.
    Ass-hats like yourself are the ones who should be banned from this site with your little one line responses just to pad your post count.

Gratz to them, those who say this isn't a hard encounter are idiots who just did it with 277 gear.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    You killed 10m HLK in 264 gear at 30% buff. Grats, Paragon did that over 6 months ago at 5%, long before they had 25m on farmed.
    Please STFU you have no clue what you are talking about. Also paragon did it when they already had numerous Shadow's Edge weapons and all the BiS trinkets from 25 man as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post
    Please STFU you have no clue what you are talking about. Also paragon did it when they already had numerous Shadow's Edge weapons and all the BiS trinkets from 25 man as well.
    Shadowmourne is not a 30% DPS increase. (And for the record, there was only 1 in their world first kill.)

Also your trinket point is laughable, as the TOC25 trinkets are still BIS for quite a few classes, and are perfectly legal according to your pathetic rules. Even barring that, heroic 10 trinkets are roughly on par with the reg 25, we're talking less than 100 dps except in the cases of DBW for ArP classes.

It's hilarious how vehemently you are trying to portray yourselves as being better than the best guild in the world.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2010-09-22 at 05:44 PM.

i dont think people here arent saying its a cool achievement. we just dont understand what u want from us. If u had done it a while ago then it might have been on the front page of this site. But posting it now and expecting praise is a little redic, even from people who havent even gotten close to Hlk10.

Think of it this way, it would be like getting Algalon down in all Naxx 10 gear. yeah its cool but not something to expect people to really care about.

Good Job on the kill though, i dont think ill see hlk till later in cata!

Try to think of it this way: if there's an achievement associated with killing H-LK with "strict" gears (like they did with Algalon and ToC); and lets say that the reward of this is a Red version of the Invincible mount. How many of these Red Invincibles do you guys think would be running around in towns now? And what rank do you guys think the OP's kill would be? Let me give you a hint, it'll be a 2-3 digit number.

You see, this just shows that the reason they got high rank is because almost no one else is bothering with it, NOT because it is a difficult task or anything.

edit* and the people arguing that 277 and other 25man gears makes a lot of difference, you guys seem to also forget that guilds that killed this 3-4 months ago didn't have fully stacked 277 gears either.

It's funny how guilds that post their World 8th or 9th kills get flamed, but these guy who's kill is pretty much equivalent in difficulty to a sub 100th ranked kill is being praised
    Last edited by Seolla; 2010-09-22 at 07:51 PM.

^Exactly my point.

Any of the US Top 50 guilds could do this with no buff. They could also probably do it without sneaking around the "strict" requirements by using better-itemized T9.5 gear. But they won't because it's pointless.

Trust me, if there were a "Herald of the Titans" achievement or a "No Buff" achievement, it would have been snatched up a long time ago.