15+ Year Old Account

Getting in a raid solo?

I am asking for a little weird advise. I have not played in a very long time, when I do, I enjoy soloing old content, I know it's stupid, but I do. However, I have issues getting someone to sit in my party. I know that sounds like a ridiculous problem, but since I very very rarely play, and most of my friends have quit, which means I have no one online, it's an issue.

Is there a way to get in your own raid, or do I just have to keep bugging people to join my raid with an alt?

Get someone to log on an alt, join the raid and the just log off.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    go on an alt, invite some random person ask em to invite your main, /logout to main, get invite on main. tell em to pass lead then /kick the random person. tada

Invite a few random level 1s in Durotar/Elwynn whatever.

Convert to raid, kick them out.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Send out mass random invites to people in Dal
    Someone is bound to join
    Quickly turn into raid
    ???
    Profit

Does anyone know if this is getting fixed, or is it intended? I like soloing old raids, too, and I've run into this problem several times. Bugging someone to log on just so you can make a raid seems unnecessary.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I've been wishing Blizz would fix this forever. Why can't I just enter a raid instance solo like a normal instance? Dumb, unnecessary rule.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you can do, is invite someone to raid group, get into the instance.

Once inside, have that person leave the group. The raid disbands, but you do not get hoofed out, as you did not leave party/get kicked. Though if you die, you will have to do it again in order to get back inside. I do this on a daily basis, and guarantee it works.

Just ask a friend "5 seconds of your time, then you can just leave group". Just make sure THEY leave group, not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leese View Post
    What you can do, is invite someone to raid group, get into the instance.

Once inside, have that person leave the group. The raid disbands, but you do not get hoofed out, as you did not leave party/get kicked. Though if you die, you will have to do it again in order to get back inside. I do this on a daily basis, and guarantee it works.

Just ask a friend "5 seconds of your time, then you can just leave group". Just make sure THEY leave group, not you.

This!

I do it all the time...or i will use the alt switch mechanic stated above...get on your alt (level 10+ i believe), ask someone to join a raid...pass them lead or assist...switch to your main have them invite you and than pass you lead than have them leave...your in your own raid, able to come in go from instances as you please.

15+ Year Old Account
    So other people want this as well, good to know. I usually do the random invite, but I also die a lot doing stupid things and pushing the limit, so it get's annoying.

Ask a friend of yours to lend you his account. What i do is: I borrowed a friend's account since he quit wow and what i do is, i login a level 1 and make a raid.
    I find it better then having to wait till someone accepts an invite and then kicking them, which puts you in a negative side with many people if you do it often.

True inv some low lvl or ask your frind for his account or just make an alt inv your main and logoff with ur alt

Deleted
    Join wintergrasp when it's up. Don't leave the raid. 99.99999% somebody is offline.

Profit??