Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Curious if the new class combinations will be active, they were not on PTR

Deleted
    if this goes live 5th october i will be very optimistic about a mid november cata release. If on 12th i think late novembrer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Most likely in 4.0.3. It's two whole different patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    I don't get it, how can it be Oct 5th when
    and
    The Streaming Trial Download will likely be the only thing that goes 'live' on Oct 5th as to be honest there's still a fair bit to download and you won't be able to play with this client until later (Oct 12th?).
    Don't go for the new streaming client - it's like changing your download software like utorrent to something else like Azureus/Vuze - just because you change the program for download, dosn't mean the content inside will change.

They should have changed the way the client works in terms of the new streaming feature, but he will still do the stage pre cata downloads and on the "4.0.1" upgrade, it will change like the old client did.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    Has there been any notice whether the 4k hardcap for justice points will stay? if it does, won't it be better to convert emblems until you get ~3k points and fill up the rest of the points with raiding in 4.0 and leveling to 85?
    We’ve revised the Justice Points conversion rate for Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost. When the upcoming 4.0.1 patch goes live, these emblems will be converted into 11.58 Justice Points (up from the previously planned 2.75 Justice Points per emblem). Justice Points accrued above the soft cap of 4,000 will be converted to gold at a rate of 47.5 silver per point (down from 2 gold per point) when patch 4.0.3 goes live.
    There you go.

I hope it doesn't go live next week. Tanking really really blows on the PTR right now

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    I hope it doesn't go live next week. Tanking really really blows on the PTR right now
    can you explain why it blows? i'm not a tank myself nor i'm on ptr so i really don't know.

If it's not on PTR, I doubt it'll be in live, as what's being tested is going live.
    Possibly in 4.0.3 (the full Cata patch) It really doesn't make sense - lore wise - to allow the new classes that come about as a result of the cataclysm before the cataclysm actually happens

Deleted
    The patch will be exactly what we test on the PTR atm minus most of the bugs of course.
    And yes, tanking will blow if nothing is changed.

Just a question about the emblems conversion guys:
    - Do we have a list of the new pricing on items?
    - What do you think would be better, spending the emblems now or wait for the conversion?

Thanks...

I'm really hoping on an October 5 release date for 4.0.1
    I need to try me those new talents, and I was too lazy to DL the PTR

gifv new patch so can get tier 10 on my every alt rofl.Gg blizzard for more welfare epix and i never even touched icc.Already 4/5 t10 on main.

And plox gifv new streaming client.Was playing ptr after downloading 200 mb. 3mb/s dl speed ftw.
    Last edited by Stormgnoef; 2010-09-30 at 10:42 AM.

Patch 4.0.3: The Shattering
    Shortly before Cataclysm launches, Azeroth as you know it will be changed forever. Patch 4.0.3 will bring with it cataclysmic changes to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will be able to find new and exciting sights to see and quests to do in the level 1-60 zones, all-new troll and gnome introductory experiences, redesigned capital cities, new race/class combinations, and more!

Nope... might suggest you take a peak at this:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/index.html

That fan art...
    I'm assuming it's a dwarf, with apparent human-ish proportions...
    It's hard to make a little gimpy thing like a dwarf look majestic, but this is just silly (the in-game dorfs feet would be where this guys knees are now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Boub, doesnt this contradict your December prevision? If 4.0.1 is what its on the PTR ( Talents and such ), then you can expect the expansion a month later (?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    There you go.
    That's not what I was asking about. If the cap was staying at 4k all the way to 85, you'd essentially be wasting justice points after 4.0.3 seeing that you cannot go over the 4k cap, but you' most likely aquire some more JP raiding and also in cata dungeons.

it CANNOT be october 5th
    it's been said here:
    - 4.0 = end of arena season 8
    - end of arena season 8 : october 12th
    'nuff said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Boub, doesnt this contradict your December prevision? If 4.0.1 is what its on the PTR ( Talents and such ), then you can expect the expansion a month later (?)...
    Well if I understand it corrrectly there will be another patch after 4.01 (4.02 or 4.03?)that will not be the fullblown cata release but still introduces the changes to Azeroth with the new and revamped zones etc. After that cata will be released in full so the december prediction fits well in that time frame.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    it CANNOT be october 5th
    it's been said here:
    - 4.0 = end of arena season 8
    - end of arena season 8 : october 12th
    'nuff said
    If you read GCs post carefully he says that they are prepared to release 4.01 even if there is 1 week left on season 8 as he doesn't think it will impact ratings much.

I hope this is not the patch that will turn many WOTLK titles into feats of strength. Still trying to get Immortal, Conquerer of Ulduar and Herald of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I hope this is not the patch that will turn many WOTLK titles into feats of strength. Still trying to get Immortal, Conquerer of Ulduar and Herald of the Titans.
    Who cares, the game isn't even on life support anymore, the content is dead. It needs a rez, and even though I don't have everything done, I don't care. I'm not coming back to the game until changes are made, and these would be enough.

What will be interesting is how long this means until Cata. You wouldn't think they can drag this out, but I'm sure they'll want to since they went out of their way soooo much to add those little boss battles. And they though that RS was a real raid, not just filler. Late-Nov, early-early Dec looks probable at this point. And it's needed. The game is freakin' beat, it's killed. They know they screwed up on content this time.

Deleted
    "Since the current PvP season will end when these changes go live, they shouldn't have a lasting impact on ratings, titles and the like. We are prepared to just drop a temporary player damage nerf on all BGs and Arenas if necessary just so things don't feel too silly until everyone can level up to 85."

To me that means that the patch will come on the 12th of october. As he states "Since the current PvP season will end when these changes go live" its pretty much saying that the season will end the day of the patch.

"We are prepared to just drop a temporary player damage nerf on all BGs and Arenas if necessary just so things don't feel too silly until everyone can level up to 85."

BGs will still be available to play after the patch, so will arenas (But not rated).

Everything is pointing towards a oct 12th release.