Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So basically if you are in a raiding guild doing heroic content and you leave after Marrowgar or LDW, don't even bother trying to pug the rest because when they try to switch it to hard mode for lootship they won't be able to.

I like the above poster's idea who suggested only being able to loot from a boss once per week, regardless of difficulty mode.

the main problem i see with this is what if your in a 25m heroic run clear say 9/12 bosses on heroic before calling it a night. the next night 2 people dont show and you want to continue with heroic but cant 23 man heroics like LK and have no need for normal bosses then you would be screwed. also means trying to sub people in and out to get specific gear is gone should fix this one part imo

thanks blizz for taking away my 10 man experince in wotlk

this is great, both Casuals and Hardcores, Guilds and PuGs have it good with this.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varthan View Post
    So Awesome.
    No more fail pugs and your locked for the week
    If you have downed 4 bosses and your friend have downed 4 bosses in another raid you two can make a new raid group and continue from boss 5. Unlike before when every group member needed to have the same raid id.

So,

What happens if you want loot from both a 25 and a 10man version of a boss? GG?

This was one of the smartest things Blizzard ever did, and we all saw it coming from the shifts starting in TBC. It's nice to see that Blizzard now knows that 10-mans have a far less margin of error, and that the only thing more difficult about 25-man raids than 10-mans is getting 25 players together. Look how many people can afk in ICC, look how many can die in encounters. Hell, the old strat for Saurfang was to let the first two people with marks die, you couldn't do that in 10-man off the bat. Finally 10-man guilds will get the same gear as they deserve.

Plus, things are going to be far more competitive. Unless you're a top 10 guild in the world, it's more probable to have 10 great players in your guild, and then cut-off the fat. Those that weren't up to snuff and couldn't follow directions, those that afk'd mid fight in raids. Good job on this one Blizzard, no sarcasm from me. Honestly, I applaud this.

Great change for me, don't know about anyone else, but this gives me more time to. I hate raiding 25 man and 10 man all in one week. I love to raid but just seeing the same boss 2x a week is starting burn me down.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So,

What happens if you want loot from both a 25 and a 10man version of a boss? GG?
    There's no difference in 10 and 25 man loot. GG.

I agree with this changes. One of the best things in Cataclysm for sure.

Heroic/Normal division makes zero sense.

"Here, have this awesome system and no, you can't use it if you're good enough to do heroics"

yay?

i like this change, expecially the one where the gear will be the same in each. gives the people who pug a chance to actually get somewhere.

So will ICC25 loot drop in ICC10 when 4.01 hits?

The flexible raidlock sounds like a bad idea to me. So you have killed the first 3 bosses in a bad pug, then you need to find a raid that has killed exactly those 3 bosses? How is that helpful.

"If your Heroic 25-player raid defeats the first four bosses of Icecrown Citadel on Heroic, then they may not split up into two 10-player raids and continue to fight in Heroic difficulty."

Meaning that if yr 25-man raid has 11/12 HM down for the week but has never and will never kill LK HM there is no opportunity to do the 10-man version!? Bummer.

Wink

It's not too bad a system. It could be worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Ofc, talking about ICC and RS, there will still be differences in loots and achis. And fail pugs will remain as fail as now are: if u switch to heroic only for lootship u are bound to that raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    tl;dr - R.I.P. 10man raiding unless all you do is do 10mans or alt runs.
    More like RIP 25 man raiding.

I like this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Except there still is for ICC which is what he was talking about..gg?

Deleted
    25 men Raid won't die until Cata will arrive simply because 25 men still drop higher level items than 10 men (talking about ICC and RS). For all the ppl that hoped to get 264 ilevel gears from 10 men i'm sorry for you.

I love how some people are jumping on those asking about the loot and achievements.

They are talking about ICC/RS loot - not Cata! We all know Cata look will be the same!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if ICC/RS10 start dropping 25man gear. Blizzard really could care less at this point since it's all going to be replaced by the end of the year. The question is if they would spend the time to program it or not. Achievements will stay separate because ugh, what a mess that would be to combine them.

This change is good.. The timing is awful. This patch is hitting in a week or two, right? My guild still does 25man ICC Tues-Thurs, and 10man ICC for drakes/heroic LK on weekends. We knew this changing was coming for Cata, and were planning for it then - but now everything has changed, and now the officers in my guild have a big mess to sort out in less than two weeks.