Thread: WoW Video

WoW Video

Hey guys,

Lately, I've been in the mood to attempt my first WoW youtube video. I have some random clips of me dueling on my druid up there already, but they are only like... 20-40 seconds long. I want to try and shoot for something alone the lines for 2-4 minutes. This is where I am encountering a problem. The clips I have up there already, I recorded using Fraps, saved them and uploaded to youtube. They went up fine and came out in 720p quality. I did this again today, got a whole bunch of clips from WSG and I put them into Windows Movie Maker, all seemed fine, until the finish product. It took my 720p clips and turned them into the worst, most awful, blurry thing I have ever seen in my life. I'm pretty sure it reduced my quality to 240p. How do I make the videos, edit them, and add music to them, and make sure the final clip I want on youtube is another 720p video? I don't want to upload crap. Please help !

Make sure you download the latest Windows Live Movie Maker, and use the HD export feature. WMM defaults to DVD-sized SD in all exports if I remember correctly.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Make sure you download the latest Windows Live Movie Maker, and use the HD export feature. WMM defaults to DVD-sized SD in all exports if I remember correctly.
    Wow o.o... I seriously hope you are wrong about that. I wasted like, 4 hours doing all that, nerd raged, and uninstalled the program. That's all I needed to do?

Windows Movie Maker can't save as BluRay quality or anything even close to that, but when you turn the project into 16:9 widescreen (view -> aspect ratio -> widescreen) and save the video locally as 1080p HD (do not use "publish to youtube" button) and then upload it by hand, you will get pretty good quality.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-10-05 at 07:57 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Windows Movie Maker can't save as BluRay quality or anything even close to that, but when you turn the project into 16:9 widescreen (view -> aspect ratio -> widescreen) and save the video locally as 1080p HD (do not use "publish to youtube" button) and then upload it by hand, you will get pretty good quality.
    Wow, thanks a lot dude VERY BIG HELP!