Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by guice View Post
    4k. 4k is a *soft* cap in 4.0.1. In 4.0.3 it will be then be a *hard* cap. 4k. They are doing this so your won't lose any points on the badge conversion, and to allow you to quickly spend points to get below 4k before the hard cap is implemented (at 4k).
    i would think they would up the amount you can hold onto considering there's items that cost over 2k JP/VP at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    inb4 QQ of 25 man giving more than 10 man.
    its nothing new, they mentioned this months ago when they brought up shared raid ids etc. but like others have said, as long as u cant buy tier (in cata) with points its all good.
    Last edited by Evilmonkey; 2010-10-06 at 04:46 PM.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    why not turn off experience gain at 80, just keep breezing through those lvl 80 normal utgard keep 12 min runs? rack up points faster, buy your tier 12 or whatever the next buyable set will be and bobs your uncle.
    Because you can't get Valor points in Wrath Heroics? Think about it a little bit harder there.

Deleted
    So, will these points reset when Cataclysm hits? I mean all your current emblems will be converted, but they should be reseted too before Cataclysm is released...

From what we've heard no there isn't going to be a reset on point before cata launches so you can cap your 4k jp now and carry them to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    its nothing new, they mentioned this months ago when they brought up shared raid ids etc. but like others have said, as long as u cant buy tier with points its all good.
    You buy tier items with points, with the exception of a couple items. Sorry to disappoint. Check the "Valor Point Item Rewards" link again.

Shocking the number of people that don't pay attention to these details ...

Deleted
    So you can farm now till limit of 4000 points on lvl80 and use them for 85 items ?

Quote Originally Posted by kcquipor View Post
    So you can farm now till limit of 4000 points on lvl80 and use them for 85 items ?
    You can accumulate 4k. Yes. But you cannot buy 85 items until you're 85 (fyi, looks like a couple items -- I saw one -- are lvl 83).

If Blizzard expects you to buy items at 80, to drop below a soft cap, then I want to know what those items are. There's no info on that! lol

Its looking like we will be able to use our JP at 85.

But it IS still possible that they will decide to reset JP.

Justice points are crap.

what i wanna know is, the rewards for jsutice points (blue 85), will i be able to buy it at lvl 80? so i can farm more justice point as i level, (since pretty much every1 will have capped justice points when cata release), when will the vendors with lvl 85blue gear be availible? and where will they be?^^

Quote Originally Posted by janin View Post
    So....if we turn off experience gain form the little gobbo in SW (for example)....we can farm LK heroics for points?

...just saying
    and what use do we get by doing this?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    inb4 QQ of 25 man giving more than 10 man.
    They have to give a reason to do 25 over 10, more loot per boss and more points per boss, seems like an ok trade off.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    what i wanna know is, the rewards for jsutice points (blue 85), will i be able to buy it at lvl 80? so i can farm more justice point as i level, (since pretty much every1 will have capped justice points when cata release), when will the vendors with lvl 85blue gear be availible? and where will they be?^^
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz View Post
    I'm not too sure about Heroics awarding the same as Raids.. we'll have to see how it is in action first
    Why? It's the DAILY heroic, like the one giving you 2 frost right now.

Also not to mention the 4k cap will increase but only at 85, and the cost of items at 85 will be more than at 80. So you can get maybe 1-2 pieces.
    Smile

Why Bosses have drops?? You can buy everything anyway... Why isnt droped gear better then buyable gear? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by guice View Post
    You buy tier items with points, with the exception of a couple items. Sorry to disappoint. Check the "Valor Point Item Rewards" link again.

Shocking the number of people that don't pay attention to these details ...
    Maybe you should read the details.. says Valor Points AND tokens.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Since you can't buy level 85 items till you're level 85, and since items cost between 1250-2200 Justice Points, this would be fairly pointless. You'd get, at most 2 blue items (Justice Points are for blue items, Valor Points buy epics and you can't get those until lvl 85 content). So yeah, if you want to slow down your progress to end game by turning off experience you can farm a ton of Wrath dungeons for two level 85 blue items that you could farm even faster at 85. Sure. You can do that.

Edit: Missed a "2" in "2200"
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2010-10-06 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Many View Post
    Why Bosses have drops?? You can buy everything anyway... Why isnt droped gear better then buyable gear? Why?
    I dunno. Why do bosses in ICC have drops?? It's mind boggling!