Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    4. Re: Extended Realm Maintenance 10/12/2010 10/12/2010 03:43:04 PM PDT
    We are in the final stages of completing the maintenance process and will begin bringing realms online shortly. We currently anticipate all realms will be online by 5:00PM PDT and appreciate your continued patience.
    Ralvorinn
    Blizzard Entertainment

And now 5 PM and in about 40 mins 6 PM they really should just stop giving us a time and say we will let you know when the server's are up cause they are never right.

Update (3:45 p.m. PDT):

We are in the final stages of completing the maintenance process and will begin bringing realms online shortly. We currently anticipate all realms will be online by 5:00 p.m. PDT and appreciate your continued patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    nice str now gives parry... why should i care tough if it still doesnt proivde crit or any other kind of secondary dps bonus and why in the name of god they push physical classes to haste while casters get their "resource" along with their primary stat? whats the logic
    intelect= mana, spelldmg, crit
    agility= 2ap, crit, dodge
    strength= 2ap, parry

str should either grant 3 ap per point, give crit OR have haste incorporated in it.
    I say shield block value

How many hours does it take blizz to screw in a lightbulb?

We are in the final stages of compleating the lightbulb maintenance and will be illuminated shortly. We currently anticipate all lightbulbs to be illuminated in another 2 hours and appreciate your continued patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldygaga View Post
    Update (3:45 p.m. PDT):

We are in the final stages of completing the maintenance process and will begin bringing realms online shortly. We currently anticipate all realms will be online by 5:00 p.m. PDT and appreciate your continued patience.
    Damn, you beat me to it

I'm willing to bet that the servers will be up for an hour, then crash for another 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by ControlledBurn View Post
    I'm guessing 6PM PDT, but since it's a pre-expansion patch, 10PM isn't too crazy a guess.

It was probably a dumb idea to hope to raid tonight, wasn't it?
    i know our Rl thought we were gonna raid tonight

my thinking was, really?

big patch day, the realms will be up Exactly at 12pm, really.

everyone will know how to spec, how to glyph, reforge will be done in minutes.. ten, tops!

it will be like riding a bike, even though not everyone reads EJ or was on the PTR, really.

of course, everyone redid all of their addons at 6am, even though most of them arent proven and will have to reinstall the old addons

<<< shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Damn, you beat me to it

I'm willing to bet that the servers will be up for an hour, then crash for another 2 hours
    Another 2? You're being awfully generous.

Wow what a mess lol...

Oh ffs. Steam is down now too. WHY LORD, WHY?!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    H.. help.. my hands... they're shaking...

I need my WoW...

I'm suffering...

WoW.... I need you....

why dont they just say it's 24 hr maintnance and be done with it. We all know it's gonna be close to 24 hrs anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    "EU Maintenance extended, now scheduled to end at 04:00PM CST as well, instead of 12:00PM"

I don't understand these times. Doesn't make sense.

Does that mean they will finish same time as US?
    How will it be extended if it's CST?

:S

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    H.. help.. my hands... they're shaking...

I need my WoW...

I'm suffering...

WoW.... I need you....
    -Lays you down and places wet cloth on your head-

There there my child. Here drink this.

-Gives you water-

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Never mind.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-10-12 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Problem resolved.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    "EU Maintenance extended, now scheduled to end at 04:00PM CST as well, instead of 12:00PM"

I don't understand these times. Doesn't make sense.

Does that mean they will finish same time as US?
    How will it be extended if it's CST?

:S
    The EU shutdown is on Wednesdays. so they extended the estimate for tomorrows shutdown.

Edit: NVM
    Last edited by Lazybean; 2010-10-12 at 11:28 PM.
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

This is why I never really plan on playing on a major patch day. Think of it this way tho, this is a prep patch, so it "should" mean that the realms will be fired up for the GM's to throw the switch with minimal down time if any.

Though I agree with a previous poster. They should take a lesson from Mr. Scott and estimate high and bring the realms up early. For example, give a 24 hour maintenance expectation, then bring the realms up after 19 or 20 hours. Much better PR.
    Last edited by courtjester311; 2010-10-12 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazybean View Post
    The EU shutdown is on Wednesdays. so they extended the estimate for tomorrows shutdown.

Edit: NVM
    Yeah he must of got time zone wrong because it says 4pm paris time in game.

People actually think things will go well on patch days?

This has been going on since the game came out. Lower your expectations, and your blood pressure will do the same.

Random sidenote, I'm still waiting for this massive patch to install itself, so I can't play anyhow :x

Quote Originally Posted by courtjester311 View Post
    This is why I never really plan on playing on a major patch day. Think of it this way tho, this is a prep patch, so it "should" mean that the realms will be fired up for the GM's to throw the switch with minimal down time if any.

Though I agree with a previous poster. They should take a lesson from Mr. Scott and estimate high and bring the realms up early. For example, give a 24 hour maintenance expectation, then bring the realms up after 19 or 20 hours. Much better PR.
    Ah, but if they admit it will take 24 hours, they will need to refund everyone 24 hours of game time. A full day. It's no longer ignorable as merely an inconvenience.