Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1st impressions after patch: pve dps

Ok, my spec for raid dps is reapingless unholy. Now I respecced unholy again and we went to togc 10 just to test our our new specs.

What I discovered is that I was doing shitty dps compared to what I used to. The mage and lock were melting the dps meter with 14k each, the rogue was pulling 8k and I was barely at 7k. That's ridiculous. Unholy is now also the hardest build to dps with, as reaping is baseline so you now have to watchout so you don't waste death runes on crap, as well as timing your festering strike to renew the diseases before they run out . The rotation has changed too.

After the raid, I gave frost 2handed a shot and I did way superior dps to unholy on the heroic dummy, not to mention it was way more fun. I would even say frost now encourages "facerolling", as it's way way easier than unholy in pve.

So, after months of unholy, I'm going frost 2handed for pve.

I was doing 7k plus in 5mans, so I'm going to go with "you have no clue What you're doing".
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I was doing 7k plus in 5mans, so I'm going to go with "you have no clue What you're doing".
    Cause in 10 men you have oh so many more buffs than in 5 men. You would pull 8k tops in 10 men.

they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Frost 2h ftw, pulling 24k.
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.
    Cause togc is in ICC.

Deleted
    pve dps is unbalanced since that patch camed, im a rogue with decend gear , i was doing 8k dps, now i can hardly pass 7 , when seeing mages doing 18k dps on Emalon 10 man , wth .......... , hope hot fixes are incoming or this is really bad considering all other classes.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    winner

Chill of the throne is 20% dodge debuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Cause in 10 men you have oh so many more buffs than in 5 men. You would pull 8k tops in 10 men.
    Except in 5-man environments, mobs die a lot quicker, and no real rotation is typically established.
    A 7k in heroics could be up to as much as 12k in PvE environments, from what I've seen.

And the +30% SHOULD still be there. Chill of the Throne was the -20% dodge DEbuff.

Deleted
    First of all, this was in ToGC and second, Chill of the Throne is the dodgedebuff.

You have your buffs mixed up. Chill of the Throne was the -20% dodge debuff,

I havent had chance to try the 2handed frost spec but i can say that so far my personal experience with unholy is more than pleasing... i found was managing to pull 14k dps in heroics.. so im guessing in a raid it will be much higher as raid buffs will inflate that even more.. I will agree with you with unholy being a little harder to get started.. but so long as you can keep Dark Transformation up and alternate DC with rune abilities its becomes easy... but u need to be on the ball..
    I will have to try frost for a change for some fun..

I did 8k dps as frost mage in a hc..

just saying.
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

Your not playing the class right, I was doing almost 7k dps on dummies. Stop trying to play the class like unholy used to be.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    winner

Both of you fail, miserably.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I was doing 29k dps in Anub 10man hc, dont know what your talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I was doing 29k dps in Anub 10man hc, dont know what your talking about..
    Yeah, right, before patch I used to autoattack for 30k each.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Yeah, right, before patch I used to autoattack for 30k each.
    I'm unholy with 50% disease damage increased by mastery, spread that from anub to every single add before he submerges, crit spam from diseases and disease damage everywhere.

I feel like you're trolling, Waelcyrie. You're posting in every thread about your 50% increased disease damage... 50% increase on 2k is only 3k per disease (just pulling numbers out of my ass). It's already been mathematically proven that Mastery is terrible as unholy. Also, no class can pull 29k single target in TOGC. Or AOE, for that matter.