DFO not working with mind flay

Tried using mind flay only on a target dummy and didn't get one proc. Anyone else notice this?

Until 4.0.1 Mindflay wasn't a DoT, now it's a DoT once again.
    DoTs ticks don't proc DFO, so you'll have to live with that.

Thanks for the information. Does that mean it might be worthwhile to use pwd every chance you get to increase your proc chances for DFO? Also does this lower it on the trinket list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definatly lowers it on the list, considering it will only proc off Mindblast and SW (Mind Spike when we get it), I recommend trying for Phylarchy(sp) of the Nameless Lich, which procs off periodic tick, which im currently using on my SPriest, and find it very nice

Hope it helps bro
    I am immortal, I cannot die
    I have inside me the blood of kings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Until 4.0.1 Mindflay wasn't a DoT, now it's a DoT once again.
    DoTs ticks don't proc DFO, so you'll have to live with that.
    The Problem with that notion is DFO can be proc'd by the starting to cast vampiric touch (DOT), initial casting of Devouring Plague (DOT), and initial casting of Shadow Word: Pain (DOT), we are not asking for DFO to be proc'd by our dots, by rather bring back the old system where when we cast Mind Flay, it procs; since its our filler most of the time Mind Flay is what we use,lol

Meh. Mindflay being a dot has it's advantages too, effects like the one on http://www.wowhead.com/item=50259 won't use any charges when you mindflay anymore. Wotlk is soon over, so stop complaining and adapt imo.