Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I have many doubts about the weapon damage.

If we look de tooltip of distant land and bloodfall ( lvl 277 ):

Distant land : 625 - 938 damage ; 325,7 dps
    Bloodfall : 886 - 1.329 damage ; 325,8 dps

Well, shred, mangle, fury swipes now are bases on weapon damage, but what information we get? (938+625)/2 ? 325,7? other?
    I've always played like a cat so I never worry about this aspect.

On the other hand, the autoattack is now based on weapon damage or attack power ?

Thanks.

i get an error message in the picture box when trying to load the picture in Mew. any tips? i am using a mac and i know i have java enabled.
    AKA how do i configure my computer to accept the mew
    Last edited by Burlacher; 2010-10-19 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapadlo View Post
    So to summarise it looks to me like the way to go is:
    Gem all Agi, unless there is a nice bonus for yellow, in which case Agi+Mastery.
    Reforge all haste to Mastery.
    If there is no haste to reforge, reforge hit/exp/crit in that order.
    Ench Agi/Mastery.

I hope things change for cata, otherwise gearing looks a bit linear.
    Your summation is correct. Another viable approach is to simply reforge the highest stat on a given item to gain the highest amount of mastery possible although this method won't work for everyone since maintaining critical strike >50% is nearly mandatory. The closer you are to the critical strike soft cap the more carefully you should balance critical strike against expertise and hit.

Assuming that you aren't critical strike soft capped then 10 agility / 10 critical strike is viable with a +6 agility socket bonus (just as Mihir states). 10 agility / 10 hit is also viable with a +6 agility socket bonus.

Please note that there aren''t (to my knowledge) any mastery gems or enchantments available on live as yet.

Mihir will likely provide a new breakdown once Cataclysm is released.

The gear for Cataclysm looks nice but you won't, initially at least, be doing 30,000 dps even in full Tier 11 or equivalents and all possible raid buffs. Balancing stats in Cataclysm may be quite different as well especially since 50% critical strike is theoretically impossible even with all possible raid buffs given the known equipment thus far.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-19 at 05:33 PM.

also to figure out what stats to reforge, what should my crit and haste be around? is there a set number? or straight priority as mentioned above?
    Last edited by Burlacher; 2010-10-19 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burlacher View Post
    also to figure out what stats to reforge, what should my crit and haste be around? is there a set number? or straight priority as mentioned above?
    Ideally, assuming you are well geared then you would want the following:

critical strike until you reach the expertise and hit suppression point for melee attacks (or 76% if expertise and hit capped)
    haste near 20% but no specific goal just reforge a lot of haste into mastery try not to drop much lower than 20%
    upon reaching those goals you should carefully balance critical strike, expertise and hit

hmm, my haste is just above 18%. crit in kitty form is 70%, hit is 8.02% and expertise is 26 on the dot. only 2 things i have reforged. would u have any recommendations?

also i am trying to get mew to work but i dont know how to configure my computer to do so. i have java and a mac but i just get error messages when i load the page.

thanks for the help!

hmm, my haste is just above 18%. crit in kitty form is 70%, hit is 8.02% and expertise is 26 on the dot. only 2 things i have reforged. would u have any recommendations?

here is my armory if you want to take a look. yes my ArP gems are crit now :-/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thrall&cn=Burl

also i am trying to get mew to work but i dont know how to configure my computer to do so. i have java and a mac but i just get error messages when i load the page.

thanks for the help!

i get an error message in the picture box when trying to load the picture in Mew. any tips? i am using a mac and i know i have java enabled.
    AKA how do i configure my computer to accept the mew
    Are you using the installer or the web version?
    Which version of OS X? OS X 10.6.4?
    Which version of Safari? Safari 5.0.2?
    Which version of Java VM are you using? Java 1.6?
    Are you blocking pop-ups?
    Are you accepting self-signed .jars?
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-19 at 05:51 PM.

mac os x 10. 5.8
    safari 5.0.2
    i am just using safari and following the links.
    i am using this webpage
    http://sites.google.com/site/yawninglol/webmewpivot

i tried using firefox but nothing showed up. it is java 6 i believe.

what happened was when i first loaded the page, the message that says "do you want to accept cookies(or something else) from this site?" i thought it was referring to a pop up so i hit deny..
    Last edited by Burlacher; 2010-10-19 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added mac version

here is my armory if you want to take a look. yes my ArP gems are crit now :-/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thrall&cn=Burl

thanks for the help!
    Please see my questions below about your configuration in relation to Mew. Mew is platform neutral so it should function. If all else fails you may go here and start a thread to which Yawning or Tangedyn, the developers, may respond.

Unfortunately, your Armory isn't updated and Armory doesn't support mastery or reforging as yet. It sounds like you could give up some expertise or hit for more mastery or agility.

How much agility and mastery do you have?
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-19 at 06:02 PM.

mastery only inbetween 9-10 so i dont have the 10th point yet. agility is 2061

and i dont htink im accepting .jar files. but ill look into it. thanks for the link

mac os x 10. 5.8
    safari 5.0.2
    i am just using safari and following the links.
    i am using this webpage
    http://sites.google.com/site/yawninglol/webmewpivot

i tried using firefox but nothing showed up. it is java 6 i believe.

what happened was when i first loaded the page, the message that says "do you want to accept cookies(or something else) from this site?" i thought it was referring to a pop up so i hit deny..
    Okay, just reload the page and ensure you accept or did you try that?

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 06:05 PM ----------

mastery only inbetween 9-10 so i dont have the 10th point yet. agility is 2061

and i dont htink im accepting .jar files. but ill look into it. thanks for the link
    In your gear I would have expected at least 15 mastery. To what stat did you reforge all that haste?

The .jar file is the thing you denied.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-19 at 06:05 PM.

yes, the accept/deny thing doesnt reappear/ ill have to figure out how to accept it again

i reforged 1 piece of gear with expertise because i was at 32 exp.
    the other was just a crit and i went down 1%. but i wanted the full extra point in mastery. i for some reason dont have a lot of haste. maybe gem a bit haste and reforge gear haste to mastery?
    Last edited by Burlacher; 2010-10-19 at 06:11 PM. Reason: AVOID DOUBLE POST

yes, the accept/deny thing doesnt reappear/ ill have to figure out how to accept it again

i reforged 1 piece of gear with expertise because i was at 32 exp.
    the other was just a crit and i went down 1%. but i wanted the full extra point in mastery. i for some reason dont have a lot of haste. maybe gem a bit haste and reforge gear haste to mastery?
    In your situation you need to look at reforging other stats into mastery. Start reforging some of the critical strike, expertise and hit into mastery. Do not gem for critical strike, expertise or hit. The exception is getting your meta gem activated

For Mew, perhaps try going into security (located in system preferences).
    Click the firewall tab followed by the advanced button down the bottom.
    Check all the applications you want are set to allow incoming connections.
    Close security preferences.
    Then open a finder window Navigate to -> Macintosh HD -> Library -> there will be a file called, com.apple.alf.plist delete it, reboot and your done.
    Deleting this small file re-builds the Firewall preferences and you will no longer be asked to accept incoming network connection every time you open an app.

ok thanks for the help on the reforging - im looking forward to cata

as far as Mew, i wanna try and get this off the thread cause this is about kitty dps which you helped me with . but i could not find that file anywhere within the library . will an emtpy cache do it?

ok thanks for the help on the reforging - im looking forward to cata

as far as Mew, i wanna try and get this off the thread cause this is about kitty dps which you helped me with . but i could not find that file anywhere within the library . will an emtpy cache do it?
    Try to empty the cache. That might work. There is a Mew thread somewhere and I agree that it doesn't belong in here.

I ponder how much Haste you would have to have in order to make Energy regeneration noticeably faster, and how much to make that beneficial for getting more attacks off in X seconds.
    Probably an unobtainable amount I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    I ponder how much Haste you would have to have in order to make Energy regeneration noticeably faster, and how much to make that beneficial for getting more attacks off in X seconds.
    Probably an unobtainable amount I'm guessing.
    In fact, 20% is relatively noticeable. Approximately 655 Haste is equivalent to ~20% increased energy regeneration which equates to ~ 2 Shreds additional every 30 seconds according to my calculations.

In my trials, 40% haste was barely manageable especially with Tiger's Fury or Berserk. With 50% haste I felt as if I permanently had the Berserk effect and with Tiger's Fury or Berserk I couldn't spam abilities fast enough so a lot of energy was wasted.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-19 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    If you want to know how much crit rating you can afford with your current level of agility, hit rating and expertise rating, you should make sure you're in caster form and unbuffed. Start with 76, substract your % hit and % expertise, then substract the agility on your char sheet multiplied by 0.1324. The resulting value you multiply by 45.93, and that's how much crit rating you would need to hit the crit cap.
    I think like I'm missing something here
    (76 - hit - exp - (agi*0,1324))*45.93
    =(76 - 5.59 - 3 - (2246*0,1324))*45.93
    =(67.41 - (297.37))*45.93

and there is the bug :s the agility on your char sheet multiplied by 0.1324 gives me 297 and if i substract it on 76, well it's not positive.

BTW, really nice guide Mihir, thanks

There was a typo in that advice:

"then subtract the agility on your char sheet multiplied by 0.1324"

The value should be "0.01324"

Also, Mihir, check the numbers you posted. I think that may not be the only value that's off by one or more decimal places (I didn't check them myself, but I suggest this just to be safe).