Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzcon Tomorrow, Raid Videos, Loot Update, Blue Posts, Fan Arts

Blizzcon 2010 Starts Tomorrow!
    Blizzcon 2010 starts tomorrow! As usual you can expect a full coverage on MMO-Champion, including a live blog this year (if everything works as planned!). Apparently blue posters will be more active during the convention and you can probably expect a couple of exciting updates in the next few days!

Friday, October 22
    Opening Ceremony - 11:00AM - 11:30AM
    Dungeons & Raids Panel - 01:30PM - 02:30PM
    Quests & Lore Panel - 03:00PM - 04:00PM
    Live Raid - 04:30PM - 05:30PM
    Tournament - From 12:00PM to 08:30PM
    Saturday, October 23
    Cinematics: Cataclysm - 10:30AM - 11:30AM
    World of Warcraft Class Q&A - 12:00PM - 01:00PM
    World of Warcraft Open Q&A - 01:30PM - 02:30PM
    World of Warcraft Art - 03:00PM - 04:00PM
    Tournament - From 10:00AM to 04:30PM

Cataclysm Raid Videos - Atramedes, Maloriak, Ascendant Council
    More bosses have been tested on beta realms, today we have videos of Atramedes, Maloriak, and the Ascendant Council!

Cataclysm Raid Loot Update #3
    More testing, more loot! I think we have a good idea of what to expect in the first tier of Cataclysm raid instance.

ilvlTypeSpecSlotItem
    359BowPhys.DPSRangedThemios the Darkbringer
    359MaceMeleeOne-HandMace of Acrid Death
    359Off-HandSpell SpiritOff-handScepter of Ice
    359ShieldHealOff HandKingdom's Heart
    359PlateHealHandsFlash Freeze Gauntlets
    359PlateHealHeadGlaciated Helm
    359PlateMeleeChestBattleplate of Ancient Kings
    359PlateMeleeHandsGravitational Pull
    359PlateMeleeHeadDragon Bone Warhelm
    359PlateMeleeWaistBelt of Absolute Zero
    359PlateTankLegsLegguards of the Unseeing
    359MailPhys.DPSChestTunic of Failed Experiments
    359MailPhys.DPSFeetBoots of Vertigo
    359MailSpellFeetTreads of Flawless Creation
    359MailSpellHandsGloves of Cacophony
    359LeatherPhys.DPSChestSark of the Unwatched
    359LeatherPhys.DPSLegsAberration's Leggings
    359LeatherPhys.DPSWaistDispersing Belt
    359LeatherSpellHandsHydrolance Gloves
    359LeatherSpellHeadHelm of the Blind Seer
    359LeatherSpellLegsLeggings of Consuming Flames
    359ClothHealChestShadowforge's Lightbound Smock
    359ClothHealFeetTreads of Liquid Ice
    359ClothHealLegsLegwraps of the Greatest Son
    359ClothHealWristBracers of the Burningeye
    359ClothSpell DPSShoulderMantle of Roaring Flames
    359ClothSpell DPSWaistBelt of Arcane Storms
    359CloakPhys.DPSBackCloak of Biting Chill
    359NeckMeleeNeckIronstar Amulet
    359TrinketHealTrinketJar of Ancient Remedies
    359TrinketMeleeTrinketCrushing Weight
    359TrinketSpell DPSTrinketBell of Enraging Resonance

BlizzCon 2010: Blues Among You
    Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker)
    For the past few years, you may have noticed Community Team members moderating the various BlizzCon panels. This year, things are a little bit different. Instead of moderating panels, we’ll be providing BlizzCon updates on the forums, Facebook, and Twitter as well as mingling with attendees around the convention center. That’s right, this year we will be among you and look forward to getting meet and talk with you during the convention. If you see one of us, feel free to stop us and say, “Hi”.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    AQ Scepter Quest Line Feat of Strength
    We don't feel just completing this quest line should give you something permanently unique. The feat of strength is a nod to this epic quest line and for those who worked all the way through it. It isn't as awesome as a title or a legendary and it isn't meant to be.

Also, I guess I'm just a little weird as I often compare feats of strength as I feel those matter more than achievements. (Source)

Talent trees too easy?
    I'm not convinced these posts aren't exaggerations popping out in the wake of major change. I've tried choosing specializations for several different classes and had tough, but fun choices to make in every case. There are at least a few talents in each tree which will provide extra flavor or utility according to your play style.

Will people determine the best min/max builds and spread them to the masses? Sure. That happened before patch 4.0.1 anyway. Prior to 4.0.1 you sure did have more talents and more points to spend, but the illusion of choice isn't the same thing as true choice. So many of the choices you had were between rather boring passive talents, and the choice was usually very clear. You usually chose the obvious power-increasing talents to improve your performance. Now your choices are a little more flavorful, and the best route to take is a little more subjective. You also have a greater choice of utility and power in your glyphs, and on your gear via Reforging.

Try taking another look at your old talent trees and let me know if there were truly a lot of very compelling talents that made choosing really hard, or if there were just a bunch more branches to throw points in. Look at the trees today and let me know if there are truly no choices for you to make that might enhance the enjoyment of playing your class. (Source)

Low Level Class Balance
    We are going to spend some effort adjusting numbers for 1-80. It's not as big a priority as 85 because frankly, more players care about balance at 85 than they do lower level balance. As some folks have pointed out, inexperienced players almost by definition, don't place a premium on balance, and experienced players tend to not worry about balance much until they're at max level since things are changing so quickly.

Rather than adjusting everything independently, we tend to focus on max level and then work backwards from there. It doesn't help to nerf say rogue damage by 5% from level 1-60 if we then find we also need to nerf it at level 85 and then buff the 1-60 numbers to compensate.

There is some goofy stuff going on at lower level, but we'll get it all straightened out. After spending so much effort revamping the old zones and quests, we don't want the leveling experience to be an odd one. (Source)

Fan Arts
    The Blizzard Fan Art Section has been updated with 3 new pieces of artwork.

blizzcon tomorrow woott!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    A little early to post, Boub. It's still Wednesday here and in many places... Though, I hope it isn't actually 2:25am for you..

Damn, for a moment there I thought he was using american time - I was thinking WHAT it starts on a Thursday? Glad to see he wasn't

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically tomorrow for parts of the world i suppose, though for many people it's still two doses of sleep until Blizzcon :P
    And finally, a look at a healing trinket. Glad it's not continuing the t10 trend of healing procs.

Except that it's not tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon starts in 2 days still... Still wednesday here in California, and that's the time we are working off of. Still excited for it though! Definately gonna have a blast seeing all the stuff there and having fun with all the cool WoW people.

Edit: oooh, sneaky Boub, changing the post on me...
    Last edited by sdkphoenix; 2010-10-21 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update - Changed from "Tomorrow" to "Friday" to make all the timezones happy. The last thing I want is half of the world against me and I'd hate to be wrong if Friday never happens there!

*Wipes brow* whew.... had me scared there. I got a bunch of work to do tomorrow so i was like, THURSDAY!?!?!? NOOO!

Question: what about those who buy tickets from different timezones - would we have to stay up until 1am to watch blizzcon streams? Or can we replay them at a more convenient time. I don't seem to see this question answered in any kind of FAQ

At level 58 (Subtlety Rogue) I am currently two-shotting (ShS->Ambush->Evis or Premed->Ambush->Evis) level 60 mobs in Outland. Heirloom weapons, heirloom chest and shoulders, the rest are Of The Bandit/Tiger, Carrot on a Stick, no enchants whatsoever. I'm also one-shotting equal-level plate wearers (DKs especially).

Recount/dummy tests put me at 1127 DPS while Find Weakness is active (average).

I'd never thought I'd see the day I actually enjoyed leveling.

Captain planet and fire lots of it.

Is it bad that I'd nail the dryad?

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Is it bad that I'd nail the dryad?
    Lols no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm noticing a severe lack of swords again this expansion. this makes me sad.

Which guild is doing the live raid on friday?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ummmmm, how the hell did that Goblin picture make it into the fan art section? I've seen him in another imagine that was clearly work commissioned by Blizzard (this imagine: http://us.media.blizzard.com/c_1256-..._1024x0768.jpg). Whoever submitted that just stole him from there and put some pretty lights swirling around...not what I'd consider original art. That things is a forum avatar at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    That flame ability in the last phase of Council looks quite unforgiving...

Hahahaha there's a healing shield called "Kingdom's Heart"

yeahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    That flame ability in the last phase of Council looks quite unforgiving...
    Did you see the flame in that dragon boss lols.

My 10 man video coming up for Council with How to and awesome Captain Planet theme

http://www.youtube.com/consolecrusader