Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Raiders/casual players

i posted this somewhere else here, but decided i actually wanted to hear some answers so lemme know what yall think

Look I'm not trying to troll anyone, but I'm a raider, that's what i do, its the only thing fun in this game to me. I'm trying to understand it from the point of view, of someone who doesn't raid but still wants raiding gear.
    you raid to get gear, no matter what anyone says that's the underlying reason for being there, its your incentive, so why should raid gear be available to people who don't raid. i also understand that Blizz doesn't care about raiders, only money so they will continue to give away free gear.
    I like to stand out, when you see me on my server, you know i raid, you can tell i know what I'm doing by the gear I'm wearing. you heroics runners say you deserve the gear we are wearing but don't we deserve something to ourselves?

looking for honest answers here no jk
    -tehsklatt

Offended that people can't tell you're special from a distance? Get on your fancy mount and park in Krasus Landing.

EDIT: I do this with my Plagued Proto-Drake all the time. Have one of those?
    Last edited by belfpala; 2010-10-25 at 06:52 AM.

well people can get 5/5 t10 without stepping foot in a raid, thats my issue, i just feel like the gap between raiders and regular players has dissipated

EDIT: im not saying my view is right or wrong, its just my view. im not here to argue really just wanted to see what they think. i guess i just miss bc, when you couldnt get any tier without raiding.
    Last edited by TehSklatt; 2010-10-25 at 06:57 AM.

We can tell my inspecting you. Post your armory or stop trolling. Whichever is more convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TehSklatt View Post
    well people can get 5/5 t10 without stepping foot in a raid, thats my issue, i just feel like the gap between raiders and regular players has dissipated
    Cataclysm is coming out in December. You've had your time to show it off, no one cares anymore.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

EDIT: im not saying my view is right or wrong, its just my view. im not here to argue really just wanted to see what they think. i guess i just miss bc, when you couldnt get any tier without raiding.
    This. I should have to do the work to get the gear, not run faceroll shit all day.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

we all want to be a special snow flake and unfortunatly for most of wrath it hasnt been the case, but thats neither here nor there at this point. with about a month and a half left till cata it doesnt really matter if "casuals" are able to get the lowest version of t-10 that they could already get without "stepping foot in a raid". the only difference now is that its faster. if you are into raiding and being a special snowflake it should mean more once cata hits when gear means alittle more.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

No you don't deserve to lord over the commoners with your super cool armor.. You already get achievements, raid only mounts, titles and you get the gear faster than dungeon guys. I am sorry your self worth is determined by what your avatar wears but you are owed or deserve nothing just cause you raid.

Oh look this thread again... How does what someone else has take away from what you do or can not do, this topic is stupid, stop being a self centered baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    This. I should have to do the work to get the gear, not run faceroll shit all day.
    As I said, we can tell by inspecting you. If you have the baseline T10 (formerly from frost badges) we know how you got it.

If you want to LOOK special, get on your fancy mount. But you don't have a plagued proto-drake, I bet.

Who said that casuals don't raid? Even if they don't do within a guild, they pug. Whether that will still be possible in cata it's a whole different issue. In my dictionary casual = someone who doesn't invest the same time in playing the game in general. They may participate in all its aspects, just less than the hardcores and therefore with less progress.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    As I said, we can tell by inspecting you. If you have the baseline T10 (formerly from frost badges) we know how you got it.

If you want to LOOK special, get on your fancy mount. But you don't have a plagued proto-drake, I bet.
    missed the immortal for that one /jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    missed the immortal for that one /jeleous
    It was Undying for that one. 10 man version. Hardest part was doing Sarth 3D in 10 man before Ulduar came out.

its amazing that people cant talk without being assholes, wowarmory is enîx (cant post links) from thrall, im not the best raider, but i raid for my gear. just because WoTLK was coming out they didnt start giving everyone T6 for running heroics. if they want the gear they can wait till the expantion comes out and go get it yourself.

ok so how many frost emblems could someone get a week if hes not raiding, 2 a day + 5 for the weekly + 4 for vault. thats 23 each week.

so u would need 90x3 + 60x2 = 390 frost emblems. 390/23= 17 weeks. that calculation is only true if the "casual" does every single thing every week. seems to me u had ur time with uber gear. and after that i take it u got 25 man heroic, wich looks diffrent so people can still see ur leetness.

whats ur point realy, people getting it now that the expansion is over?

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal example, 2005 started playing wow, got into a "hardcore" raiding guild, did this til 2007, when myself and my partner had our first child, then i raided when i could, ie when baby was asleep. Then when he had number 2 and my "hardcore" raiding days where over. Sorry but Children/Real life for me > WoW.

Now i still play WoW when i can , which is quite casual.(when my boys are in bed aor having a nap) So for me getting gear is harder, but still something i would like, but not top of my list, having played for 5 years now, why should i be penalised for wanting to gear my two level 80's ? Just because i can no longer raid 5 days a week?

I know a lot of you are thinking well it was your choice to have children blah blah blah, true, but it does not mean i should no longer do something i enjoy either.

For me personally gearing my mage/lock has not been 'easy' or 'free' i have had to try and pug icc and/or save frost badges to get gear. I also pay my mthly sub as does everyone else.

It was Undying for that one. 10 man version. Hardest part was doing Sarth 3D in 10 man before Ulduar came out.
    undying, immortal, for some the whole not dying thing can be a bit much to ask. but i did confuse black and plagued there for a sec

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    undying, immortal, for some the whole not dying thing can be a bit much to ask. but i did confuse black and plagued there for a sec
    I didn't mean to criticize you for forgetting the difference. Was just clarifying which achievement it was.

EDIT: BTW, an achievement I suspect the OP and most people on his side don't have and weren't in any position to get when it was possible, as it was by far the most difficult thing to do in Wrath.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2010-10-25 at 07:12 AM.

I didn't mean to criticize you for forgetting the difference. Was just clarifying which achievement it was.
    no worries, didnt take it as a crit.

o wow they could get ilvl 251 T10. Big deal, the real raiders are in sanctified T10/ilvl 264+ and the hardcore raiders are in heroic sanctified T10/ilvl 277+.