Deleted

DotA for SC2, thoughts?

so they'll release a DotA map for SC2. thoughts, ideas, remarks?

personally, i thoroughly enjoyed the tug-of-war mission in WC3:TFT. it's basically what DotA is. i also played the other versions with 3 streams and loved them. i like the general idea of DotA and will play this map heavily. i just wish they would implement a DotA BG in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have resisted DotA this long, I should be able to resist SC2: DotA...

15+ Year Old Account
    why? its a fun game..
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

my thoughts? not this shit again. dota really was not that great
    at least in sc2 the entire custom map list won't be dota.

It's probably gonna be fun, so I'm positive about it.

Only 12 (I think it was 12?) heroes is a big turn off - Perhaps it's just a building block.

DotA is very fun once you take the effort to learn it.

I'm stoked for an offical version of it, so far the Dota-like maps on sc2 seem lackluster.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it. Don't play it.

I'm gonna try it out

15+ Year Old Account
    It's DotA.

With Characters from the Blizzard universe.

I'll give it a shot, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Only 12 (I think it was 12?) heroes is a big turn off - Perhaps it's just a building block.
    Considering they were talking about other characters they might add, I'm going to assume it's only a building block.

I just hope it is all heroes and important people and units are not used. If I random and get a SCV or warcraft catapult or something lame I will rage!

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd imagine since Blizzard is now involved that more than 1 new model will be created
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    SCII isn't really playable without battle.net and hence requires an official version... think I don't care about SCII DotA =))

10+ Year Old Account
    If Dota sucked on WC3, chances are it'll suck in SC2.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

The only good thing about SC2 DOTA is that the Game List wont be spammed with DOTA games like it was on Warcraft 3. Past that, I still hate DOTA, and I am going to hate it even more when those arrogant pricks that play nothing but DOTA start trying to ruin SC2 for me too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    If Dota sucked on WC3, chances are it'll suck in SC2.
    gosh, i forgot it sucked and yet still was somehow one of (if not the) most popular mods for WC3. man, the things i didnt know.

@the complainers; just because someone plays dota and is better than you doesnt make them arrogant pricks. i bought wc3 for dota, i didnt play it a ton, but that's still the reason i bought the game. on the other hand, if you'd like me to ruin your day by stomping you in nexus wars i'd be happy to do that instead. point is, no matter what you play people will be better than you. this doesnt make the game bad by any justification.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    gosh, i forgot it sucked and yet still was somehow one of (if not the) most popular mods for WC3. man, the things i didnt know.

@the complainers; just because someone plays dota and is better than you doesnt make them arrogant pricks. i bought wc3 for dota, i didnt play it a ton, but that's still the reason i bought the game. on the other hand, if you'd like me to ruin your day by stomping you in nexus wars i'd be happy to do that instead. point is, no matter what you play people will be better than you. this doesnt make the game bad by any justification.
    spoiler: just because we say it sucks doesn't mean we are not good at it.

also the bolded part just makes me sad. WC3 had alot of good custom maps, the campaign was pretty good, no idea about the melee, but you played it just for one custom map? people like you pretty much ruined wc3 custom games.

Uhm, there are getting to many Dota games (WC3, LOL, HON and now SC2....) to build a stable, competitive community.

Seems like it will be fun, although I'm much more inclined to play it if the game is institutionalized by Blizzard (records, some sort of check to prevent people from leaving, etc.)

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to it.

Used to love Tides of Blood back in the days, which was a variation of DotA that looked a played better than the original imo.