Page 1 of 432
... LastLast

NFL updates/news

Hey guys.

I know a lot of Warcraft players out there aren't necessarily sports fans, and that's cool, this topic isn't meant for you. But, I'm here to talk about major NFL updates and or news. I think it'd be cool to expand the sites demographic a little bit, maybe get the more athletic / sports guys to come post here that are Warcraft (or ex-Warcraft like I am) players to come and have a cool discussion. (It's in cinema and TV shows for a reason. NFL is on TV, right? )

Before anyone asks, I bleed black and gold. Steelers are my team baby.

Buuuut, this is an updates / news thread, so here we go!

The Minnesota Vikings have just released WR Randy Moss after comments made after the loss to the New England Patriots. Holy shit. They're really going to let their only deep threat go? With Favre breaking his hip, oops, his jaw, the Vikes chances are going down in flames. I feel for Peterson, I really do. He's going to be on that massacre of a team until he retires. He should be on a team that's going somewhere, where he can do some serious damage (I'm thinking New England. Where the hell is their run game?)

So, NFL guys, what do you think about this move?
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2010-11-01 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have much to say about the Moss situation.

Although I do wonder how the Dallas Cowboys will manage the rest of the season at 1-6 and with Tony Romo out for a while.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2010-11-02 at 07:13 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my 0-7 Buffalo Bills.... now if only they would move the stadium out of my back yard, that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

Although I do wonder how the Dallas Cowboys will manage the rest of the season at 1-6 and with Tony Romo out for a while.
    I would be shocked if they won more than one game in that stretch. Romo is their team, and the Cowboys are slowly figuring that out. Until they fire the fossils and get some fresh blood in there (Cowher) they're going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I love my 0-7 Buffalo Bills.... now if only they would move the stadium out of my back yard, that would be nice
    You live close to the stadium? That's kinda cool, I guess. If only they could win a game, though. It would've been something special to beat the Ravens to help us Steeler fans out, but pushing it to OT was exciting too.

Regarding major news and stuff, quiet day.

Moss would be so awesome if he just shut the hell up. Sigh. Also, my Broncos are looking crappy this year...58-13 by the raiders? Seriously? In Denver? WTB Shanahan back, at least we never lost in Denver when he was around.

=(

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Moss would be so awesome if he just shut the hell up. Sigh. Also, my Broncos are looking crappy this year...58-13 by the raiders? Seriously? In Denver? WTB Shanahan back, at least we never lost in Denver when he was around.

=(
    Yeah. Broncos haven't been very good in years, though. I mean, losing 59-13 to a team that was supposed to win 3 games all year is a shock, but c'mon, Tebow is one of the most overrated picks in sports history, right up there with Martin Brodeur and Wayne Gretzky. But, that's NHL.

What's your guys' take on McNabb being pulled and losing the game as a result? Coaches are crazy all of a sudden.

Aaaand I just realized who was posting, what's up Bad? Haven't talked to you since Edge of Insanity days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Yeah. Broncos haven't been very good in years, though. I mean, losing 59-13 to a team that was supposed to win 3 games all year is a shock, but c'mon, Tebow is one of the most overrated picks in sports history, right up there with Martin Brodeur and Wayne Gretzky. But, that's NHL.

What's your guys' take on McNabb being pulled and losing the game as a result? Coaches are crazy all of a sudden.

Aaaand I just realized who was posting, what's up Bad? Haven't talked to you since Edge of Insanity days.
    Zomg veev! Great, cancelled my account until cataclysm, school is retardedly busy right now and I regret 18 units, voted yes on 19 but not because it involves weed, etc. Fun times. You?

About the broncos, it's gone downhill for a while. Bailey is getting old, Lynch is gone, AL WIlson got hurt in an important season(I think that was the breaking point)...Marshall is gone, etc. Overall, the loss of Shanahan was the greatest. He's always been a solid, solid coach and McDaniels is anything but that. Le sigh.

I think coaches are a little nutty these days.

Zomg veev! Great, cancelled my account until cataclysm, school is retardedly busy right now and I regret 18 units, voted yes on 19 but not because it involves weed, etc. Fun times. You?

About the broncos, it's gone downhill for a while. Bailey is getting old, Lynch is gone, AL WIlson got hurt in an important season(I think that was the breaking point)...Marshall is gone, etc. Overall, the loss of Shanahan was the greatest. He's always been a solid, solid coach and McDaniels is anything but that. Le sigh.

I think coaches are a little nutty these days.
    Zomg Bad! But, I don't play Warcraft anymore. Lost the drive to play, so now I'm pretty much posting on this thread only on this site now. But how's Exodus treating you?

Yeah. I've felt that too. When the Steelers got rid of Cowher, I was almost in tears. Turns out it worked, haha. But, honestly, the Broncos need someone like Moss. They need a threat downfield that maybe Tebow can get the ball to. With their current roster, it looks like they're going to be in the "rebuilding phase" for a while.

Agree on coaches. Secretly, I want Tomlin to get Moss though.
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2010-11-02 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

Honestly I think they are in trouble. They have Kitna. We all know what happened to Kitna. He got (dun dun duuuun) lionized.

go lions.
    /tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by klheart View Post
    Honestly I think they are in trouble. They have Kitna. We all know what happened to Kitna. He got (dun dun duuuun) lionized.

go lions.
    /tinfoil hat.
    The Lions have 'Megatron' playing very, very well. It's always a very nice season when the Lions have a better record than the Cowboys. "Americas Team" my ass.

Moss Update! For those who don't know, apparently he went to a restaurant and said:

"What is this shit. I wouldn't even feed this shit to my dog."

If he came to the black and gold, Tomlin wouldn't put up with that kinda shit. I think we'd calm him down and make him play better under good coaching.

Also, what're your guys' thoughts on possible Super Bowl teams this year? I was thinking originally Steelers - Packers, but that's starting to look bad for the Packers. I really, really want Steelers - Saints after this weekend.

Zomg Bad! But, I don't play Warcraft anymore. Lost the drive to play, so now I'm pretty much posting on this thread only on this site now. But how's Exodus treating you?
    Huzzah! I only joined as a casual to begin with so I could hang out with Requital and do like 5k more DPS than anybody else on all fights in a GDKP to feel totally awesome about being better than alts/baddies(/sarcasm). Quit raiding after 250 or so attempts at HLK right at the second week of 15% buff, it really just wasn't fun anymore. Plus that was also when people got Skillmourne so a bunch of nobody's who I've NEVER seen rank consistently in ToGC and Ulduar were all of a sudden ranking me down in WoL...not fun.

Yeah. I've felt that too. When the Steelers got rid of Cowher, I was almost in tears. Turns out it worked, haha. But, honestly, the Broncos need someone like Moss. They need a threat downfield that maybe Tebow can get the ball to. With their current roster, it looks like they're going to be in the "rebuilding phase" for a while.
    Lucky bitch, hah. I dunno, the NFL is chaotic as hell right now. Remember back in '05 where if you went 10-6 you were considered practically out of the playoffs in the AFC West? Now 10-6 is considered a GOOD record!

Agree on coaches. Secretly, I want Tomlin to get Moss though.
    Titans, baby.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-11-04 at 07:34 PM.

Moss Update! For those who don't know, apparently he went to a restaurant and said:

"What is this shit. I wouldn't even feed this shit to my dog."
    It was catering that was brought into the locker room, apparently everyone else just sat there really quietly and awkwardly.

Huzzah! I only joined as a casual to begin with so I could hang out with Requital and do like 5k more DPS than anybody else on all fights in a GDKP to feel totally awesome about being better than alts/baddies(/sarcasm). Quit raiding after 250 or so attempts at HLK right at the second week of 15% buff, it really just wasn't fun anymore. Plus that was also when people got Skillmourne so a bunch of nobody's who I've NEVER seen rank consistently in ToGC and Ulduar were all of a sudden ranking me down in WoL...not fun.
    Haha, yeah. That fight ruined the fun this game was originally. Even C'Thun was fun way back, not just a pain in the asshole when someone drops a defile after the 20th wipe in the middle of the raid. It's like they weren't even paying attention for previous attempts. I think though if you were to app to Exodus as a raider, you'd have a good shot. I mean, I remember you being a cool guy but also a really good Retadin. Something EoI never took advantage of. Oh Crusher.

Lucky bitch, hah. I dunno, the NFL is chaotic as hell right now. Remember back in '05 where if you went 10-6 you were considered practically out of the playoffs in the AFC West? Now 10-6 is considered a GOOD record!
    Oh, tell me about it. AFC North between Baltimore and Pittsburgh is always brutal. I wanna see Pittsburgh and the Pats for the AFC Championship game.
    Titans, baby.
    Might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Young can't throw a ball worth of shit, and when a good defense actually comes across the Tians, they can't run the ball either. (I give you Pittsburgh holding CJ to 36 yards.)

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    It was catering that was brought into the locker room, apparently everyone else just sat there really quietly and awkwardly.
    ^This. Sorry, I guess I mis-read! I can imagine the team just kinda sitting there.. haha. I'm glad Favre is hurt though. Maybe he'll take the hint and realize his prime is behind him, and actually retire for good this time. If he doesn't, he's going to break a hip.

but c'mon, Tebow is one of the most overrated picks in sports history, right up there with Martin Brodeur and Wayne Gretzky. But, that's NHL.
    Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but did you just call wayne gretzky, who is considered to be the greatest hockey player of all time, an overrated draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but did you just call wayne gretzky, who is considered to be the greatest hockey player of all time, an overrated draft pick?
    I think he was trying to use sarcasm but doesn't understand that Tim Tebow has 0 to his name yet

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Yeah, I did. Look at his stats, and then look at Mario Lemieux's stats. Not only did Wayne Gretzky have an entire goon show behind him whereever he went, he was the single biggest pussy to ever touch the ice. As a hockey player myself, professional hockey player (as in, University level hockey) taking slap shots from hash isn't exactly "the greatest hockey player to ever play". Sure, he was great and all, but players like Sid and Ovi are going to shatter his records without having to have an entire league, including the refs, behind them doing it.

I can name you off players that were better during his time, and didn't need a team to fight all his battles. He's possibly the most overrated player in sports history.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I think he was trying to use sarcasm but doesn't understand that Tim Tebow has 0 to his name yet
    Not sarcasm. I also don't think your sentence was fully complete there.

Aaaaanyway, this is an NFL thread. If you want to discuss hockey with me, sure, but not here. PM me or make your own. As for news - Moss went to the Titans. What do you guys think about this? Young isn't exactly the best QB of all time, and relies mainly on CJ. With the addition of Moss, I think it's going to be more hurt than help.
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2010-11-05 at 07:53 PM.

College > NFL

AWSNAP

So long as the Cowboys keep losing I'll be happy with the current state the NFL is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    College > NFL

AWSNAP

So long as the Cowboys keep losing I'll be happy with the current state the NFL is in.
    Haha. I actually like the NCAA. Those guys are trying to make something of themselves, so they go 110% every game, something I can personally relate to. But, I do enjoy the pro's doing it too

And yep. As long as they go 0-8 in the billion dollar stadium, I'll be happy!

Haha, yeah. That fight ruined the fun this game was originally. Even C'Thun was fun way back, not just a pain in the asshole when someone drops a defile after the 20th wipe in the middle of the raid. It's like they weren't even paying attention for previous attempts. I think though if you were to app to Exodus as a raider, you'd have a good shot. I mean, I remember you being a cool guy but also a really good Retadin. Something EoI never took advantage of. Oh Crusher.
    Actually I was part of the "number one" 10m when hard modes were unleashed, sup 8 man H:PP one shot with 258 gear!...not that it was hard though. HLK was pretty cool actually, the guild I was in had very good consistency with Defile and we made it into p3 fairly regularly until I left, and apparently a bunch of people went casual around the same time so they didn't get their kill until like 20%. Oh well! Besides, it was cool being all "lolsup I gotz all da numbah one normal mode parses with absolutely no real competition brah" before 3.3 got wiped on wmo.

Oh, tell me about it. AFC North between Baltimore and Pittsburgh is always brutal. I wanna see Pittsburgh and the Pats for the AFC Championship game.
    That's about the only thing I really like in the pros outside of the superbowl, players actually try pretty hard in rivalry games.

Might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Young can't throw a ball worth of shit, and when a good defense actually comes across the Tians, they can't run the ball either. (I give you Pittsburgh holding CJ to 36 yards.)
    I really don't get it. Randy Moss isn't exactly hurting for money, so why would you leave such an amazing establishment as the Patriots in the first place? If you're arguably the best big play reciever in the NFL, why wouldn't you want somebody like Tom Brady throwing you the ball all the damn time? I'd think serious shots at the superbowl EACH YEAR is worth a few more million...

About college versus NFL, I couldn't agree more. They really try a lot harder because they're trying to prove themselves to the pro scouts and they play for their school's pride, not just a contract. Contracts lessen the spirit of the game, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account

=(
    Yeah I still can't believe they fired Shanahan. I'm a Pats fan and during 'the dynasty' the only opposing coach that worried me wash Shanny.
    Last edited by Uncle Matt; 2010-11-07 at 11:46 PM.