Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't think LUI V3 will be working ok actually. Wait for it to update to V3.3 Beta or V4, as it will be stable.

V3 uses addons pre-patch 4.0.1, so it might be screwed up

The website says Lui V3.3 Beta for the version that is downloadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    The website says Lui V3.3 Beta for the version that is downloadable.
    yep, and it works fine for me. To install it, download the .zip file and extract the contents. Then take the contents of the "Interface" file of the addon and copy them into your WoW > Interface file (If you are keeping existing Addons, copy the contents of the LUI>Interface>Addon file into your WoW>Interface>Addon file). *EDIT: note that you do still need to copy the "Buttons" "CURSOR" and "Glue" files into the WoW>Interface file

The addons in the LUI>Extras file are included for your convenience, if you choose to use them just copy them into your WoW>Interface>Addon file. I think it's just ForteXorcist that was included.

Then, launch WoW and be sure that the addons are enabled. Upon loading a toon, you will get a giant Install button, click it and your UI will reload and LUI will be running. From there, you can tweak it to your liking.
    Last edited by Potato Bus; 2010-11-01 at 09:37 PM.

LUIv3.3 has a LOT of bugs currently because it's still in beta stage. If you're new to packed interfaces, I'd avoid this one until a more stable release can be put out.

I've heard reports of some bugs, but the only issue I have had so far is the occasional time when you are unable to click off a buff due to Blizzard restrictions on addon control of buffs. Beyond that, I've had no issues, and I'm running the 3.301b version.

Kk! Thank you all very much

A few things have been buggy since 4.0 ...

Thinking about using Pitbull instead of Xperl

ARMORY LINKS- Mage - Paladin

Finally redid my UI after 4.0.1 killed it

http://imgur.com/OGdPl.jpg
    Last edited by Drye; 2010-11-03 at 07:44 AM.

So, I've fiddled with custom UIs before (mainly on my Enhancement Shaman a good while back) but I've never really had anything that looked nice and was completely functional at the same time. Style and substance tend not to mix well if I try to make these on my own, but I think that may be due more to my ignorance of what addons are out there and what they can do to achieve the necessary results.

Anyways, to stop rambling. I'm now playing a mage, and while the Blizzard UI is generally pretty fine for things, it is fairly ugly to look at and there's lots of unnecessary buttons always showing (IE portals, biscuits, flasks, etc etc) I pretty much never use anything outside of the main bar unless it's pre-fight buffing or some random situational type deal that hardly ever happens. I have seen people post LUI but my main questions regarding that are how customizable is it, like some of the raid environment pics I've seen of it look way too crowded, I like my raid frames fairly consolidated and theirs seem to just be floating on the side of the screen with no real reasoning. How easy is it to get in, and install, without having to worry about addons bugging out and me having absolutely no idea what happened. Lastly how easy is it to add on to, like, say if it didn't have S.O.S addon and I wanted S.O.S addon, would it be willing to work with it or would things just go berserk?
    Last edited by Shampox; 2010-11-03 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

LUI is VERY customizable. Every aspect of the interface (as of the latest beta 3.3 version) can be enabled or disabled via his new module system. For example, LUI includes nameplates, a minimap, castbars, raid frames, etc., - all of which can be turned on or off based on user preference. While the interface might appear crowded by default, spending as little as ten minutes can free up lots of space. LUI supports all major raid frames (Grid, Vuhdo, Healbot) and are generally aligned on the right side, but if the user prefers, can be unlocked and moved. The reasoning behind it is keeping all your necessary information located at the bottom of your screen and frees up the center of your screen supposedly increasing raid awareness and visibility.

Installation is as simple as hitting "install" when you log in and you're done. From there you just go into options configure what features you want or don't. Again, LUI is still currently in its beta stage, so there are small bugs which Loui is aware of. However, it is nothing serious enough to prevent you from using the interface. From there you're free to add whatever mod you like (even though LUI included features from many popular mods). For example, I replaced LUI's unit and raid frames with Xperl, replaced the cast bar with Quartz, and added class specific mods such as Mage Nuggets. The biggest trick is knowing what you're looking to do, and taking the time to work out any bugs you might come across.

15+ Year Old Account
    Redid a edit from Tukui, here's a screenshot.

PvE mode:

img823.imageshack.us/img823/5736/coldasiceui.jpg

Idle:

img301.imageshack.us/img301/4034/coldasiceui2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jasje View Post
    Redid a edit from Tukui, here's a screenshot.
    Ok thats sexy, but cant see the package on Tukui or your interface portal? Where is it hosted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin View Post
    Ok thats sexy, but cant see the package on Tukui or your interface portal? Where is it hosted.
    it's eselol's edit wich i made my own, sort of, stopped my own edit because i dont have time to support it

Deleted
    it's eselol's edit wich i made my own, sort of, stopped my own edit because i dont have time to support it
    buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have some kind of special skin or filter on your actions bar icons? I can't seem to be able to replicate the look by just installing eselol's tukui edit.

Hey, sorry to hear about that, the UI is nice, i like the little touches at the bottom for guild/friends etc and by changing the background on the chat it certainly makes things cleaner (IMO). Hopefully, you will get time to finish and post it somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Do you have some kind of special skin or filter on your actions bar icons? I can't seem to be able to replicate the look by just installing eselol's tukui edit.
    Search for "Dawn" on wowi and download his spell icon pack.Its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lïnk View Post
    A few things have been buggy since 4.0 ...

Thinking about using Pitbull instead of Xperl
    i love the fonts, especially the damage on the boss. what is the addon called?

10+ Year Old Account
    Search for "Dawn" on wowi and download his spell icon pack.Its amazing.
    Thanks! You are right, they are amazing.