I have a question What is:
    Patch 4.0.0
    patch 4.0.1
    patch 4.0.1a
    patch 4.0.3
    patch 4.0.3a
    patch 4.1????

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 05:05 PM ----------

Well i know 4.0.1 and 4.1 but what are the rest.

On live servers:

4.0.0 doesn't exist
    4.0.1 was the patch with all the major changes
    4.0.1a was the patch to fix the bugs (currently active on live)
    4.0.3 will be the next major changes pre expansion (things like ZG will be removed here)
    4.0.3a will be the actual sundering
    4.1 will be Cataclysm

This is stated by Blizzard already.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2010-11-06 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    4.0.0 was an information patch pretty much nothing interesting
    4.0.1 was talent and class changes
    4.0.1 was pretty much a fix patch changing anything that was wrong or needed tweaking
    4.0.3 is the world change info patch
    4.0.3a will be the actual changes and a bug fix patch
    4.1 is cata <3

They're all just named like that, 0.0.1 are usually content patches and 0.1 are usually major patches or game releases.

1.0.0 was vanilla
    2.0.0 was TBC
    3.0.0 was WOTLK
    4.0.0 is Cata

So any points after the first number relate to content within that expansion

Hope that explains everything you didnt know

4.0.0 was an internal build that never saw the light of day. 4.0.1 was the new systems (spells and talents). 4.0.1a was some very minor bug fixes. 4.0.3a is The Shattering where the world changes. I'm totally baffled as to why 4.0.3 needs to exist.

4.1 will be the first major content patch after Cataclysm is released. Say March 2011ish?

(BTW: I'm still waiting for 3.9. I was called an idiot for saying that nomenclature would most likely not be used.)
    Last edited by haglowicz; 2010-11-06 at 12:12 AM.

4.1 is actually the first content patch of cata with a new tier of raids etc

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    4.0.0 doesn't exist
    4.0.3 will be the next major changes pre expansion (things like ZG will be removed here)
    4.1 will be Cataclysm
    Mostly correct but I think 4.1 will the first major content patch of Cata, bringing in the Firelands raid etc. I think that Cata itself will just run on 4.0.3a, with maybe a minor patch after that, but 4.0.3a seems to be the actual Cata world with all changes in, we just need for our accounts to be upgraded and for Cata content to be flagged accessible.

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    4.0.0 was an internal build that never saw the light of day. 4.0.1 was the new systems (spells and talents). 4.0.1a was some very minor bug fixes. 4.0.3a is The Shattering where the world changes. I'm totally baffled as to why 4.0.3 needs to exist.
    4.0.3 is to prep for 4.0.3a, so that they can basically flit it to 4.0.3a when they desire. It's all back end stuff, and won't affect the world or playable game much until they flip it to 4.0.3a

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Mostly correct but I think 4.1 will the first major content patch of Cata, bringing in the Firelands raid etc. I think that Cata itself will just run on 4.0.3a, with maybe a minor patch after that, but 4.0.3a seems to be the actual Cata world with all changes in, we just need for our accounts to be upgraded and for Cata content to be flagged accessible.
    Like you said....

4.1 will be the Cata raids etc, as such the servers will be upgraded to 4.1 when Cata actually goes live. Although we have a lot of the files, we don't have them all. When Cata goes live the servers will run on 4.1.

4.0.3a is the actual sundering event (which has been stated by Blizzard), so the servers will need to be updated to 4.1 or the sundering would continue :P
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2010-11-06 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    pretty sure they announced cata as being 4.1

They wouldn't leave it as one of the minor points, would throw the labelling system lol

15+ Year Old Account
    On live servers:

4.0.0 doesn't exist
    4.1 will be Cataclysm

As stated, this is mostly correct, excepting that Cata will continue on 4.0.3a and 4.1 will be the first major content patch, sometime mid next year, containing the Firelands raid, etc...

4.0.3a will not be a bug fix patch. just wanna clear that up. 4.0.3a is where the cataclysm actually occurs.

On live servers:

4.0.0 doesn't exist
    4.1 will be Cataclysm

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...s--raids-panel

4.1= The Firelands and an Abyssal Maw 5-man

So, if 4.1, as you claim, is the Cata launch patch then we won't have Cata for another 6 months.

Deleted
    I said world changes and a bug fix, pretty sure some will pop up between putting the data on live and actually activating the sundering hehe

*sigh*

I'll clear it up even further as some people are un-familar with patch labelling.

4.0.3 is game changes (ZG being removed, Naxx Titles Achievements being removed etc)

4.0.3a is the Sundering event (Big, huge dragon coming out to play - You might have seen some news about it)

4.1.0 is Cataclysm Launch (ergo 7th December) - People have a very funny opinion of what a content patch actually is if the actual expansion does not classify as one!

Remember 4.1 also includes 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3..... The Firelands could launch in 4.1.5 and it would still be launched in 4.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...s--raids-panel

4.1= The Firelands and an Abyssal Maw 5-man
    4.1 can contain all the ones before 4.2 aswell, so 4.1.1 ect.

Doubt that's what they meant but you never know :P

Like you said....

4.1 will be the Cata raids etc, as such the servers will be upgraded to 4.1 when Cata actually goes live. Although we have a lot of the files, we don't have them all.
    When Cata goes live the servers will run on 4.1.

4.0.3a is the actual sundering event (which has been stated by Blizzard), so the servers will need to be updated to 4.1 or the sundering would continue :P
    4.1 is not the expansion. 4.0.3 is the expansion. 4.1 is the next tier of raiding.

Before making pronouncements about content patches and expansions, people who started playing during Wrath should study this page: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...v/implemented/

*sigh*

I'll clear it up even further as some people are un-familar with patch labelling.

4.0.3 is game changes (ZG being removed, Naxx Titles Achievements being removed etc)

4.0.3a is the Sundering event (Big, huge dragon coming out to play - You might have seen some news about it)

4.1.0 is Cataclysm Launch (ergo 7th December) - People have a very funny opinion of what a content patch actually is if the actual expansion does not classify as one!

Remember 4.1 also includes 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3..... The Firelands could launch in 4.1.5 and it would still be launched in 4.1
    No you are confused. 4.0.3 includes major changes but they will not be turned on until 4.0.3a which is the sundering event (meaning the world is torn apart). They don't need a patch for the Cataclysm release.

Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    pretty sure they announced cata as being 4.1

They wouldn't leave it as one of the minor points, would throw the labelling system lol
    Not at all -

TBC code was 2.0.1, with 2.0.3 being TBC content, and 2.1.0 introducing Black Temple.
    WotLK code and content was 3.0.2, tho the switch was only flipped later. 3.1.0 introduced Ulduar.

First major content patch for Cata will most likely be 4.1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    4.1 can contain all the ones before 4.2 aswell, so 4.1.1 ect.

Doubt that's what they meant but you never know :P
    Well obviously it's gonna contain all the other data but the point is it's not THE Cata patch =P. Its the next tier of end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    No you are confused. 4.0.3 includes major changes but they will not be turned on until 4.0.3a which is the sundering event (meaning the world is torn apart). They don't need a patch for the Cataclysm release.
    Shattering http://www.wowpedia.org/Shattering not Sundering http://www.wowpedia.org/Great_Sundering