Idea for profession (flying) mounts

Alchemy is getting Vial of the Sands. Tailoring got Frosty Flying Carpet AND Magnificent Flying Carpet. Engineering got Turbo-Charged Flying Machine Control. Fishing gives you a Sea Turtle if you're lucky. As a last thing Archaeology gets a Skeletal Raptor Mount.

We need to think about (flying) mounts for other profession too.

Gathering professions:
    - Herbalism - [ Dragonfly by Zeror ]
    - Mining - [ Hatching Egg by mackenzie ][ Mining Cart by Siron ]
    - Skinning

Production professions:
    - Alchemy - Vial of the Sands
    - Blacksmithing - [ Armored mount by SyrahGrunt ][ Battering Ram by Grocalis ]
    - Enchantment
    - Engineers - Turbo-Charged Flying Machine Control [ Jet Pack by Fest ]
    - Inscription - [ Mount-a-pet Glyph by Ghoulthaz ]
    - Jewelcrafting - [ Gem Drake by Oblesidon the Kingslayer ]
    - Leatherworking - [ Hot Air Balloon by Zeror ]
    - Tailoring - Frosty Flying Carpet AND Magnificent Flying Carpet

Secondary professions:
    - Archaeology - Skeletal Raptor Mount
    - Cooking - [ Boiled Blob by Zeror ]
    - First Aid - [ Spirit Walkers Antidote by Zeror ]
    - Fishing - Sea Turtle

Think here about new mounts for professions

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 02:43 PM ----------

I was thinking of these mounts:
    - Herbalism: Dragonfly
    If you're very lucky (like Sea turtle mount lucky) you maybe catch a Dragonfly while picking flowers. If you're lucky it will be a Dragonfly mount, otherwise it will be a companion pet.

- Leatherworking: Hot Air Balloon
    You craft out of leathers a Hot Air Balloon. Of course this wouldn't be simple as some of the materials are very hard to get, like a magical flame that doesn't burn.

- First Aid or Inscription: Spirit Walkers Antidote/Script
    You thought you could heal yourself. Instead you killed yourself and be able to walk with the spirits. You float in a ghostly form and can ressurect anywhere you want. Sadly enough you can't see mortal beings with this.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2010-11-09 at 06:47 PM.

i dont like the lets make everythnig the same idea.. some proffs have flying mounts, some dont.. diversity is great and its added without making some proffs better than others.

i have a non flying mount proff fyi and i dont feel let out, i dont need to fly a origanami bird(i have inscription) or something else... i have like 80 other mounts to choose from and its awesome already..

The hot air balloon idea is pretty cool though. Be a nice little throw back to Warcraft 2.
    Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of anything that would do well in Blacksmithing that wouldn't be a better fit in Engineering.

For Enchanters, they could probably make a cloak enchant that makes you fly.

For Inscriptors, maybe a special Tome or Darkmoon Card that summons something to make you fly.

Jewelcrafters, miners, and skinners though... No idea

Deleted
    For blacksmiths, i'd allow them to give ONE of their mounts a "heavily-armored" model. Another mount could be armored, but the original one would reclaim its older model.

Blacksmithing - Iron Ram
    Basically you craft together a golem mount constructed out of various metal materials. Has a similar look and skin to the Iron Dwarves from Northrend. Able to fly like the Headless Horseman mount.

for JC you can take tons of gems and melt them together and make a drake or dragon thats made completely our of enchanted gems

Deleted
    i want a flying glyph tome pet for my Inscription profession, couldnt care less about mounts.

For JC it should be a big floating gem
    Mining - minecart

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    For blacksmiths, i'd allow them to give ONE of their mounts a "heavily-armored" model. Another mount could be armored, but the original one would reclaim its older model.
    I think thats the most interesting idea. Very unique and would make Blacksmiths feel like they have something special. I like it.
    Nothing.

for skinners/engineers: collect a pile of leather from all sorts of creatures, and then shock it with your engineer-ressurection thingy
    IT IS ALIVE 0_o!
    model depends on the skins you used

I really like the idea of herbing a pet, but I wouldn't think you can get a mount from it unless it was like the venomhide ravasaur and you had to grow it.

Giant mounts just don't hide in little plants y'know?

Engineering needs more Jet Pack.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you should be able to mine an egg that hatches into a flying mount.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

Deleted
    Enchant=Fliying dust.

Got an idea for Cooking.

Boiled Blob. On some rare recipes you have very small chance to get this mount cause of overboiling. This Blob can be used as a mount. You don't sit on it. The Blob sucks you in it.

Skinning should be makeshift bird wings made out of hides stretched onto pieces of wood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting could make Flying Brooms
    SKinning could skin huge animals (Elekk, Mammoth, etc) and make gliders or something.

Since skinning cant use anything other than a knife or scissors, we need to make it something they can do in one go. If they start using thread and such, they become amateur leatherworkers.
    Last edited by Daegalus; 2010-11-09 at 07:36 PM.

hebalism:
    special coctail!
    the user sniffs a pot full of herbs, they then go into a 'high' and believe they can fly, it is at this point the run off a cliff.
    that is what we need
    (note side affects include panic attacks, de-hydration and hunger)
    death may occur
    _ _
    idunolulz \(o_0)/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    SKinning could skin huge animals (Elekk, Mammoth, etc) and make gliders or something.

Since skinning cant use anything other than a knife or scissors, we need to make it something they can do in one go. If they start using thread and such, they become amateur leatherworkers.
    I agree, that's why i think gathering professions should not reward players with mounts. Mini pets are more logical (like the Elementium Orb thingy that miners can get)
    Miners would get small pet elementals
    Herbalists would get flowers, life elementals and stuff
    Skinners would get....... erm i dunno, baby animals whose mother was just skinned before their eyes ? Or worse... embryos found WHILE skinning ?

Other ideas :
    -Enchanting : the magic broom could be a cool idea. but i'd rather have a torso/wrists/whatever enchant that'd allow me to fly
    -Engineering : Aeroplane if any is needed, but engineers already have enough mounts imho
    -Leatherworking : Hot air baloon or Leo Da Vinci-type glider/aeroplane
    -JC : Crystal-powered aircraft, thanks to the Draenei/Belves' spies around Exodar