Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

'Not so heroic' leap

* Heroic Leap now deals [ 50% Attack Power ] damage (up from 100% Weapon damage) within 8 yards (up from 5 yards) but no longer stuns.

Errrrrgoooooo, all the excuses given for wanting this ability to stun (jump charges and the like) have now been completely fixed meaning we dont need the stun, or have they just decided we WILL do without?

Was actually quite surprised when I couldn't see another thread about this little nerf....

It's now a damage move not a CC not sure yet if its a nerf or not since it changed what kind of uitily it is.

I'm getting more and more annoyed with the self healing nerfs all the time though.

Wait! Hold yer horses.

You are telling me that the "leap" from 100% weapon damage to 50% AP is a nerf?

Who cares about the stun when warriors will be a friggin armored comet!

50% attack power is a LOT more damage than 100% weapon damage.

I don't see this as a nerf at all.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted
    I haven't been able to excited about heroic leap in the first place. Ever since I first heard of it, I've felt it was something of a wank. Just another change in the end, as if we didn't have enough of those already and not even providing anything new to the class. Time will tell if it'll even find it's way to my keybinds or not.

I understand the change in the damage calc is a boost, but wasnt the whole point of this ability to hold them in the same place so you can actually hit people once the ability is used?

THe amount of times I have had charges jumped was insane and this was supposed to change that?

Soulpiercer: thanks for new sig \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulpiercer View Post
    Who cares about the stun when warriors will be a friggin armored comet!

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    50% attack power is a LOT more damage than 100% weapon damage.

I don't see this as a nerf at all.
    it's a nerf if the old version wasn't getting bonus damage from the proper attack power

and the removal of the stun itself is a pretty damn nerf, making it just a long-range AoE doesn't cut for being the level 85 skill
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombataa View Post
    * Heroic Leap now deals [ 50% Attack Power ] damage (up from 100% Weapon damage) within 8 yards (up from 5 yards) but no longer stuns.

Errrrrgoooooo, all the excuses given for wanting this ability to stun (jump charges and the like) have now been completely fixed meaning we dont need the stun, or have they just decided we WILL do without?

Was actually quite surprised when I couldn't see another thread about this little nerf....
    Heroic leap was really powerful because of that stun. That meant we have lots of ways to interrupt casts (shield bash, pummel, charge, intercept, heroic throw talented, fear) and the devs thought that would make us too overpowered. Anyway, 50% AP as damage is decent, but not better (for pvp, I don't dps with my warr).

Imo, this is big nerf =[ we dont really HL to be a finish move to kill someone we need the stun more than damage *10000000000 time who cares if it has 100 or 1000 damage = = all we need is make the mage to use their blink

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RainRain View Post
    Imo, this is big nerf =[ we dont really HL to be a finish move to kill someone we need the stun more than damage *10000000000 time who cares if it has 100 or 1000 damage = = all we need is make the mage to use their blink
    Charge -> Mage blinks -> HL+Throwdown
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    Charge -> Mage blinks -> HL+Throwdown
    .......try on beta and see how the 2sc stun are very important ! not just mage im saying we need the stun more than the bonus damage, HL is a skill to stop or immobilize the target not a skill to create a number of damage

10+ Year Old Account
    This is such a lame ability now...just another "get to your location/target fast*, it doesn't feel like an ability that separates Warriors from the rest. We've got Charges, and those are different, but this abomination has been twisted, bent and nerfed so hard that it's just getting worse and worse.

Do any of these changes matter for PvE? At all? I can't see myself intervening someone, then Heroically leaping back, just for a Thunderclap. THere's no stun, so that takes the utility away.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Considering the fact that Charge and Intercept both stun and Heroic Fury refreshes your Intercept, I don't really care that Heroic Leap no longer stuns.

I'm highly disappointed.
    "Lifes a bitch, and I'm her pimp." - MC Chris

Heroic leap is just a shitty move thats been bad from the start.. its just hey we got no ideas for warriors lets get heroic leap yaaay... been dissapointed from the start... and now all it does is dmg..yaay..

Wtb stun back or there's no reason to use it.

Deleted
    yup charge stuns when your in combat xD specialy as fury warrior you need to be in battle stance 2

also mayor shame of removal on stun on HL
    might like the 50% ap specialy with vegeance if you get it full that is.

but i thought the point of the leap was to catch some 1 when they run away when the other charges are on cd.
    now you prob will leap at em and they still run away/ are to far from you,
    and you run after wait wait dont kite me let me catch you so i can do some dmg mr mage

if there is a class who needs some beating in the face its the mage xD

Also what is this with all the self healing nerfing ??
    as if we ever ware a threat vs DKs self healing or paladin

So wait, we have charge stun (Multiple targets when talented), Intercept-stun (With heroic fury to refresh cooldown if talented), Throwdown when talented or concussion blow when talented, that's a lot of stuns over all three specs, granted we can't have them all at once, but between gameplay balance and diminishing returns making each successive stun shorter anyway, did we really NEED another stun?

Sure, i wonder what heroic leap's niche is too (Borderline useless in PvE with CC becoming an issue again, would rather use either charge or intercept in PvP, i'd imagine... ~_~ ), but the AoE-stun wasn't going to help it much in either scenario, anyway (Maybe foiling lol-jumping charge in PvP, but is that L85-skill worthy?)

Deleted
    as if all those stuns lasted that long.
    intercept "blink" gcd lagg, its over.
    throwdown arms only
    heroic fury, is a tallent in fury only, but most ppl ignored it in the past.

make heroic leap something like a AoE like mages/hunter/locks.
    you jump on location then you start jump channeling on the spot looking stopid like bladestorm