Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I grinded Bloodsail Buccaneers to 999/1000 Exalted and now they're making it easy as hell. Oh goody.
    QQ. =(

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't require Bloodsail rep at exalted now that I've just finished grinding Steamwheedle rep back up...

I would like a Feat of Strength for getting exalted with Bloodsails before cataclysm. "of the Badlands" would be a good title!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if Shendralar left an awesome title, of course it won't be as nice as the Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    Sounds like a good compromise!
    You've got to be kidding?

No, this is not another "let-me-whine-because-I-just-wasted-50k-gold-on-an-achievement" post...I received my "the Insane" title almost 2 years ago. I didn't buy a single libram or diamond and leveled up a rogue to 60 just to farm junkboxes. And yes, all you "well goodie for you, just be happy you have it" trolls, I indeed was very happy with my title...only a handful of us even had it on one of the most populated realms. What actually kind of made me laugh was how every Tom, Dick and Harry started complaining about libram/diamond/DMF prices and how it was unfair because "it was something I always wanted to do, but kept putting it off". When were you going to start? When you weren't pressured for content? Oh wait....

I was even fine with people scrambling to finish Shen'dralar and completing the rest of the FoS when Cata came out/when they had time (as I understand everyone's play times are different).

But to completely take it out of the requirement? It is indeed a slap in the face to everyone who has 1) completed it 2) those who just spent anywhere from 20k-50k gold trying to finish it...based on Blizz's statements of it's changes and 3) those who sold all the mats they had been hanging onto for who knows how long because they figured they'd never be able to finish it in time...based on Blizz's statements of it's changes...

The ironic part? Shen'dralar was basically what even made it "the Insane", lol. The rest is rather a joke.

Whelp, to those have/are about to complete it, cheer up mates! We get our very own FoS (supposedly )!! ...without a title (for the moment) or anything to distinguish the "real" Insanes. Yep, "sounds like a good compromise" indeed

Fake edit: to the trolls who will post about "epeens" and "it's just a game, nobody is unique" etc, I acknowledge and even agree with you...but this has nothing to do with either. The achievement neither awarded nerd points, nor made me "one-of-a-kind"...but "nerfing" a FoS is rather ridiculous, considering they're intended to not always be achievable.

Just my 2c...flame away

Quote Originally Posted by Praier View Post

No, this is not another "let-me-whine-because-I-just-wasted-50k-gold-on-an-achievement" post...I received my "the Insane" title almost 2 years ago. I didn't buy a single libram or diamond and leveled up a rogue to 60 just to farm junkboxes. And yes, all you "well goodie for you, just be happy you have it" trolls, I indeed was very happy with my title...only a handful of us even had it on one of the most populated realms. What actually kind of made me laugh was how every Tom, Dick and Harry started complaining about libram/diamond/DMF prices and how it was unfair because "it was something I always wanted to do, but kept putting it off". When were you going to start? When you weren't pressured for content? Oh wait....

I was even fine with people scrambling to finish Shen'dralar and completing the rest of the FoS when Cata came out/when they had time (as I understand everyone's play times are different).

But to completely take it out of the requirement? It is indeed a slap in the face to everyone who has 1) completed it 2) those who just spent anywhere from 20k-50k gold trying to finish it...based on Blizz's statements of it's changes and 3) those who sold all the mats they had been hanging onto for who knows how long because they figured they'd never be able to finish it in time...based on Blizz's statements of it's changes...

The ironic part? Shen'dralar was basically what even made it "the Insane", lol. The rest is rather a joke.

Whelp, to those have/are about to complete it, cheer up mates! We get our very own FoS (supposedly )!! ...without a title (for the moment) or anything to distinguish the "real" Insanes. Yep, "sounds like a good compromise" indeed

Fake edit: to the trolls who will post about "epeens" and "it's just a game, nobody is unique" etc, I acknowledge and even agree with you...but this has nothing to do with either. The achievement neither awarded nerd points, nor made me "one-of-a-kind"...but "nerfing" a FoS is rather ridiculous, considering they're intended to not always be achievable.

Just my 2c...flame away
    ^ - > Basically the same situation here mate, feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Praier View Post

Just my 2c...flame away
    Totally agree with you.

This is an absolute slap in the face for me. I even made two topics on the wow forums which were immediately deleted. The first one was simply a record of what I did to get the title, the time and money invested to attain each portion, and how the changes affected it in the future. Shen'dralar took well over half the time and far more than half the money investment to get the title. The second post was slightly more bitter, but essentially said the same with with one addition, that the new Feat of Strength come with the title *Bent Over*

They have even messed up the Bloodsail admiral reps. Did you know getting the last bit, revered to exalted requires one to kill two mobs, in different zones 4200 times for 5 rep each kill? They have a 5-8 minute spawn timer leading to 350 to 560 hours of farming? Come cata with guards giving 25 rep with a super fast respawn and far larger amount of them thats a single nights farming.

All up, it was insane to get, now with shen'dralar, human racial, guild perks and thanksgiving buff, its gone from a solid 6 to 12 months work and up to 200k gold to a month, maybe two of solid farming to get. Less if timed right.

I for one am very very bitter, especially about my first topic being deleted which contained no bitching, just facts.

I think that blizzard should atleast give those who already have it before the changes get a ogre mount or somthing like that! or atleast a awesome title of d00m

Feat of Strength is meant to be 'you had to be there' this devalues the effort and achievement (for those who don't think its much of an achievement, go and do it!)

as for a FoS for Shen'dralar .. wow what a lame way to try and make this look like a good thing.

Stop pandering to people who couldn't be bothered to grind this FoS when it meant something, and leave the achievement for those of us who did.. I've personally farmed ZG for over 4 years, nigh on every reset with no mount drop (until i got my tiger yesterday WOOHOO) but if i started whining about the removal of Zg and my chance of a raptor gone ... would you suddenly change your mind on this too ?

It's a FEAT OF STRENGTH .. you're not entitled to it being in the game, that's the point of them.

The Tears and QQ of the people who already have it are just hilarious. I don't have it, I plan on doing it at some point, and yes, I am honestly disapointed that it is easier so it won't be "as much" of an accomplishment, but the level of butthurt here just makes me giddy.

I love how the kids are throwing around words like "entitled" when that is exactly how they are acting themselves.

As everyone said, slap in the face.

Seriously Blizzard what are you on? Insane in the Membrane was not THAT hard anyway. First you nerf it to the ground, by letting people have it whitout farming Knot (ok technically it was not a nerf on all realms, if you had a very thin supply of PBD and librams, there is NO WAY in hell you wouldn't farm Dire Maul anyway for librams, and while you are at it, free Knot... I got exalted with Steamwheedle before Shendralar so i would have wasted my time not freeing Knot). And now this? And don't let me start about Darkmoon trinkets going boe instead of bop, which also nerfed the achievement big time (well for people who don't know how to make money at least, for people with a brain, it was still easy before that).

Taken from MMO facebook comment ..

"why not give the scrubs a different title like <the Crazy> or <the Tardy> for being incapable of completing it ontime."

personally i like the tardy option ..

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but when you Compare Achievements in-game, doesn't it show the date at which the person you're comparing with completed the achievement/feat? If you're worried about "The Insane" being devalued, a quick glance at the date on that will tell anyone whether it was the original or ez(er)mode version. Or the extra FoS that Blizz is planning on giving those that completed it early. Then at least you can tell if your epeen is bigger than theirs. Or that you had way more time/money at your disposal...

Either way, does it REALLY matter so much that it warrants all the hooplah? I understand being disappointed over the change, but some of the rage and resentment on display here is a bit over the top in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol'd, glad I got to sell 4 diamonds before this announcement.

TOTALLY BOGUS.

From the moment this FoS (in its original state) was announced I started grinding out mats and buying crap off of the AH before prices skyrocketed. I was exalted with all four factions in the Steamwheedle Cartel and took my rep back down to hated and back up to exalted again because the big debate over whether you had to be simultaneously exalted with SWC and honoured with Bloodsail had not been solved yet. I spent hours hunting down bloods in WPL/EPL, and leveled up engineering solely for MOLL-E so I didn't have to run back and forth anymore to turn in librams in Ferelas, and killing every single last mob every DM run in the hopes of seeing a few diamonds. People who truly wanted this FoS would have it already or be close to completing it. I feel sorry for the people who AHed their items because they didn't think they could finish this rep up in time for the launch of Cata, but it sucks that all of these last minute scramblers and Johnny-Come-Latelies are getting the Care Bear treatment. I'm tired of this attitude that everyone deserves everything in the game. Like whiners who complain that the drop rate on the ZG mounts should be raised. If you wanted it, you would have been doing it from the start. RNG's a different story completely, but this required time and money. And so "The Insane" goes the way of so many other things in this progressively more and more dumbed down game.

sucks a bit <.<
    Last edited by Monstafish2k; 2010-11-11 at 10:33 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I might be one of the only people who gets the shen'dralar FoS without getting the Insane title. LOL

I can't bring myself to farm junkboxes.

ugh way to undermine MY achievement to cater to the whiners Blizzard =(

What do they mean "does not negatively impact Cataclysm leveling"? How would BB guards giving rep past revered affect gameplay in anyway? (Except getting Bloodsail exalted without the crazy mob grind in Badlands)