Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Troll Druid vs Worgen Druid flight forms? Lmao?

So uh, am I the only one who think troll druids got kind of gibbed in terms of a new model for flight form? I know worgen druid isn't completely a new model either but, ffs, it looks like the troll one is from vanilla WoW and the worgen is from wrath. It's just completely different in terms of polygon count and the sharpness etc. It looks terrible.

Sorry but there's no question in my mind, the worgen one, even though a bit generic, looks better, and it's quite obvious that blizzard spent more time on it.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Spent more time on it? Have you seen the Nightelf flight form? Please compare those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier
    ...And he herded two of each animal on to a boat and he BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE. And that is why when a bunch of animals are together, its called a zoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier
    ...Unless its a farm!

Trolls get a COMPLETELY UNIQUE BAT MODEL and you're complaining? FFS, shut the hell up.

I would agree.
    I think the worgen flight form resembles the lower level night elf flight form too much, but is overall pretty nice.

The troll flight form is garbage in my mind. If they added a few more polys and smoothed it out a bit, it would at least be tolerable. It just seems like a letdown for people who are really looking forward to playing a troll druid.

Deleted
    Troll flight form is awesome; much better than the worgen one.

Besides, flight forms are pretty small so poly count and texture res won't be so important.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol@new bat form? LOL
    You have never seen the vampiric bat pet model? It's exactly the same without the ridiculous colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Troll flight form is pretty much copy paste from Zul'drak bats. Worgen flight form is just a touched up epic flight form.

you really think blizzard spend more time on the worgen flight form? Check the slow flightform of the druid again:

So adding some brown texturepatches makes the Worgen flightform much work?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I like the colors and detail of the Worgen form, but my horde bias and troll Fanboism makes my say the Troll form is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Awesome voodoo bat vs some bird stolen from a random Tim Burton movie....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

If I recall correctly there's a quest in the game in which a Darkspear troll states something along the lines of "No Troll of da Darkspear would evah be caught DEAD worshippin' a bird!"

So yeah, bats make much more sense. Also, I think it looks fine. Both are appropriate for their race. Furthermore, what the hell does it actually matter which one they spent more time on? Each got as much time as it took to be finished. And each is a slight tweak of an existing model, with a new texture. Meaning they both would have taken about the same amount of time anyway.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by TheMorale View Post
    Spent more time on it? Have you seen the Nightelf flight form? Please compare those two.
    Funny, I thought the Troll one was better BECAUSE it was different. I don't think it looks too bad up close, either. I am going Worgen in the Xpac and I was kinda disappointed how generic it feels (but then again, worgen druid forms - period - kind of feel very generic, comparatively to troll so I guess its no shocker).

15+ Year Old Account
    Kryos, sorry but how is showing original druid slow flight form relevant to this conversation at all? We're not comparing that. Yeah, it looks terrible. Kay? Irrelevant.

They should have made the worgen one a dirty old crow.

but hey if the troll flight form was super awesome, there would be much more rerollers and race changers and you wouldnt be so unique anymore!
    Emeraldi - 80 Rogue | Annabelle - 80 Warrior - retired | Rider - 70 Hunter - retired

Worgen Flight Form was not just a recoloring of any old one. It took some work even tho it resembles the NE one.
    The Troll bat is ugly as the devil himself in my opinion. Anyway it fits the Troll. They' re both good, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both quite a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    The only race with a visually distinguishable flight form are the trolls. The difference between the Cows and the nelves was a slight color change, and I'm pretty sure I'd have to be staring at a nelf and a worgen in swift flight to be able to tell the difference.

I feel all Troll Druid forms are less detailed and have less overall quality than the Worgen and even Tauren/Nelf ones.

Say goodbye to seeing Tauren and Nelf druids after Cata releases Troll bear and cat forms don't look great either. Looks like Blizz threw random buckets of paint over the model.