Kyrsa
    Princess Mononoke and Howls Moving Castle are my two favorite Ghibli joints.

As for manga and anime. Bakuman is pretty cool, just recently got an anime I think its up to like 10 episodes now. anyway its about two jr high school students that decided they are going to become mangakas (manga artists) the process of how manga is made with a decent bit of side story, not particularly deep but still a really good story also if you like Death Note its by the same author.

1/2 Prince is pretty silly but if you have played any mmo which seeing as you're reading it here would be next to impossible to not be true. It's a Chinese (I think) manga about a girl who starts playing a game called Second Life. only 47 or so chapters at the moment but there is a lot of humor and action. There is some character to character battle but it's usually very quick. No anime for this one just a manga.

Beck Mongolian Chop Squad. The anime was decent, but the Manga was much better (as is usually, though not always, the case) about a bunch of kids who form a band their trials and tribulations on trying to make it big. Also some romance.

Read or Die. The movie was good the anime was meh. About a secret agent working for British intelligence that can control paper, has to save the world ex cetera.

Tegen Toppen Gurren Lagan. Anime haven't been able to find an original manga yet. It's ecchi and mech oriented its basically a gag show and just becomes more and more ridiculous as it progresses.

I'm not a huge fan of Bleach or Naruto. The pacing for the stories in both is awful pretty well all the time.

On the flip side of that though I absolutely adore One Piece. If you think its just a basic battle manga than you are sorely mistaken. A lot of the humor is priceless and there are scenes that I'm not going to lie made me tear up.

Berserk the manga is awesome. Most people that just watched the anime are missing out because where the anime ends is where the story really starts. Claymore is pretty good as well and suffered the same fate with anime that berserk did, but the pacing is slow. Both being a monthly release doesn't help that but I feel that berserk has the better story.

And Fairy Tail isn't bad by the same author that did Rave Master. though I do prefer Fairy Tail to Rave master.

and for straight up comedy watch Golden Boy or Those Who Hunt Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Props for putting Ergo Proxy there, it's brilliant and very unknown for some odd reason. Do take some time to watch it till the end.
    i will
    that does indeed look beautfitul (both the video editing itself and the anime scenes).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrsa View Post
    I absolutely adore One Piece. If you think its just a basic battle manga than you are sorely mistaken. A lot of the humor is priceless and there are scenes that I'm not going to lie made me tear up.
    already heard that too, although the few episodes i've watched on tv some years ago didn't leave a much of a memory^^
    that was a while before i got really interested in animes though.
    Berserk the manga is awesome. Most people that just watched the anime are missing out because where the anime ends is where the story really starts. Claymore is pretty good as well and suffered the same fate with anime that berserk did, but the pacing is slow. Both being a monthly release doesn't help that but I feel that berserk has the better story.
    i agree with all of this.
    i'm more interested in animes than in mangas in general, but started reading those two because i heard how the animes are actually just a small part of the mangas' (even better!) story.

i also heard there's going to be a new anime of Berserk that tells more of the manga's story, and i was like "yay! \o/"
    but then i heard it's going to be a 3d animated anime which. just. does. not. fit. Berserk! -.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually read manga over anime (the manga is usually out first and has less filler episodes)
    Last edited by Zoma; 2014-02-12 at 04:12 AM.

Kyrsa
    already heard that too, although the few episodes i've watched on tv some years ago didn't leave a much of a memory^^
    that was a while before i got really interested in animes though.
    If you are referring to the 4kids version that fox raped then its not even a comparison, fox brutalized One Piece to kid it up. took out all the blood all the sharp edges. If I remember correctly they changed Kreigs spikes to "poison suction cups". If thats the version you remember then just forget about it, 4kids turned a lot of people that otherwise would have been fans off of One Piece.

*edit
    *Important - There is a huge difference between the FMA anime and manga. However, there is a second FMA anime called Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, that more closely resembles the manga.
    Thats because they ended the original FMA anime before they released the movie Conqueror of Shambala which had no grounds in the manga what so ever. Brotherhood is them getting back on track from where they deviated in the original.
    Last edited by Kyrsa; 2010-11-14 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No gundam anywhere? I am disappoint

Damn I'm disappointed in the lack of Yu Yu hakusho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc

Naruto wouldn't exist without it, and its much better than DBZ was(Although I still loved both).
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are referring to the 4kids version that fox raped then its not even a comparison, fox brutalized One Piece to kid it up. took out all the blood all the sharp edges. If I remember correctly they changed Kreigs spikes to "poison suction cups". If thats the version you remember then just forget about it, 4kids turned a lot of people that otherwise would have been fans off of One Piece.
    i don't remember which one it was, but it's very likely, since nearly all animes which get dubbed in german are aimed at kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    No gundam anywhere? I am disappoint
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Damn I'm disappointed in the lack of Yu Yu hakusho
    as i said in respond to futomara already, that's not the kind of anime i would like.
    both are typical shounen and made for boys of around 15 years or less, with a lot of action and not really much story. i first started to frequently watch animes when i was already 18 and prefered ones for a more mature audience right from the beginning.
    also, many of those you noted are also pretty old already. that doesn't mean they are "bad" per se, but graphics and story/characterdesign are outdated already in most of the cases (even if some of them, like Kidou Senshi Gundam, may have been milestones in anime history at their release time).

don't get me wrong though, that doesn't mean they can't be good animes for a huge audience. but it's just not the kind of anime most adults would prefer.
    and since the animes in the list are the ones i liked the most, you won't see any typical shounen in there.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Judge or Doubt are awesome mangas that should be made into anime :/
    It's a more adult story + adult violence.
    i guess there are countless mangas that should be made into an anime.
    and there are also countless animes that would have been better off with staying mangas -.-^^

Deleted
    Claymore is pretty good as well and suffered the same fate with anime that berserk did, but the pacing is slow. Both being a monthly release doesn't help that but I feel that berserk has the better story.
    Aha forgot claymore it was interesting while it lasted as anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    Aha forgot claymore it was interesting while it lasted as anime.
    agreed, although the ending was a bit disappointing, since it was made just for the anime.

oh god id fill the list too much if i write here so ill just let you watch yourself;

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/De...de_status=none

and yes i removed those who scored less than 4 stars for me...that being said i think it only went down a page or two...if you want a why i graded something as i did i can write it down, but really for all of them, nah :P

i havent looked over the list for months so possible some misrated stuff, but i think i can recommend most of it, thats all for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    agreed, although the ending was a bit disappointing, since it was made just for the anime.
    The ending with Claymore just felt forced. I know they had to get the series in a 24 or whatever episode range, But it still felt like they should have left it for a little later.

Also, Going back to ending. ElfenLied's ending felt just a little lacking. Compaired to the Manga, which even know it's a different story the ending was much more satisfying in my mind. Though I will say Lucy fixing the clock was a cute touch.

They were given a budget and a set amount of episodes, they followed the story line until Pieta where it started to get messy and they had to pull out an "ending", you could think of it as a filler. The manga is still proceeding with the story in a different rail than the anime, a good thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    oh god id fill the list too much if i write here so ill just let you watch yourself;
    i totally need to watch Ghost in the Shell some time! i've just watched a movie many years ago, but from what i've heard about it, it would probably suit my likings pretty well.

as for the other animes of your list that i've seen so far:
    Hellsing, Chrono Crusade and Gungrave. they weren't bad, but definitely not my favorites (i haven't seen the Hellsing OVA yet though).
    Black Lagoon and GTO: i kinda liked both of them at the beginning, but stopped watching somewhere mid way, as i got bored by the story/humor over time.
    Lucky Star and Nana: i started watching both of them, but didn't see more than the first few episodes. i'll continue watch LS every now and then. and i only hear good things about Nana, but somehow it just didn't suit my stlye.. may watch it again somewhere in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    The ending with Claymore just felt forced. I know they had to get the series in a 24 or whatever episode range, But it still felt like they should have left it for a little later.
    yup. they should have made a 2nd season or the like, without editing the manga's "ending" of the 1st one too much.
    Though I will say Lucy fixing the clock was a cute touch.
    i haven't read the manga, but actually i'd say it wasn't really Lucy who fixed the clock, but Nyu (if refering to "them" as two different persons). the music box (which stopped playing) embody's Lucy, while the clock (which started working again) embody's Nyu.
    although that are just my thoughts of course.

The manga is still proceeding with the story in a different rail than the anime, a good thing imo.
    of course, that's why it's one of the two mangas i've read so far (although i didn't read the new chapters for about one year).
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-14 at 03:25 PM.

the best anime ever is kinnikuman... such a shame most countries didn't buy it because one of the good supermen was based on nazi soldiers... but man... japan was on the nazi's side on the WW2... of course they don't see them as bad as the westerns do... couldn't they just buy it and censor some thingies??? such unfairness...

it was pretty silly... it wasn't very deep and many things didn't even make sense... but it was funny enough to become part of japan's culture X3

they still make games about this one even in these modern times...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

i totally need to watch Ghost in the Shell some time! i've just watched a movie many years ago, but from what i've heard about it, it would probably suit my likings pretty well.
    Gits takes time to watch throu both the 1st and 2nd complex, althou its an amazing story line i cant do other than heartly recommend it

as for the other animes of your list that i've seen so far:
    Hellsing, Chrono Crusade and Gungrave. they weren't bad, but definitely not my favorites (i haven't seen the Hellsing OVA yet though).
    If you have read Hellsing and liked the story id say watch the OVAs since they are completely following the manga storyline compared to the...sorry but i see the old one as a failure compared to them.

Black Lagoon and GTO: i kinda liked both of them at the beginning, but stopped watching somewhere mid way, as i got bored by the story/humor over time.
    Lucky Star and Nana: i started watching both of them, but didn't see more than the first few episodes. i'll continue watch LS every now and then. and i only hear good things about Nana, but somehow it just didn't suit my stlye.. may watch it again somewhere in the future though.
    I can agree somewhat with the humor in GTO, BL is purely for the action parts and ye, Rock + Levi, really like their characters and the way they match up makes me smile. Nanas style is...well particular but the storyline is good, unless you dislike the touchy scens.

of course, that's why it's one of the two mangas i've read so far (although i didn't read the new chapters for about one year).
    I check for it on a weekly basis always hoping for a release, but it feels like its paced down quite alot

Ill look on your list a bit more closely and see if i can find anything unlisted that might be interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    the best anime ever is kinnikuman... such a shame most countries didn't buy it because one of the good supermen was based on nazi soldiers...
    yeah.. this one totally looks interesting. *cough*

but if you want to watch it, why don't you just watch the ogrinial version?
    i would probably have watched only about one fourth of all of my animes, if i'd only watch german dubs (and i prefer japanese dub with english or german sub anyway, since most animes have horrible synchronisation).

edit:
    Gits takes time to watch throu both the 1st and 2nd complex, althou its an amazing story line i cant do other than heartly recommend it
    i have so many animes that i want to watch right now, but i'll definitely watch GitS some time^^
    If you have read Hellsing and liked the story id say watch the OVAs since they are completely following the manga storyline compared to the...sorry but i see the old one as a failure compared to them.
    i haven't read them, but i might watch the OVAs one time.
    BL is purely for the action parts and ye, Rock + Levi, really like their characters and the way they match up makes me smile.
    i liked them at the beginning, but it just felt like always the same to me, after a while.
    Nanas style is...well particular but the storyline is good, unless you dislike the touchy scens.
    i do like touchy scenes (i wouldn't adore Kanon, Clannad, Air, Ef and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien otherwise. and i totally do adore them^^), so i might give it a (2nd) try some time.
    my problem with drama/romance animes is: they are actually the ones (in general) i enjoy the most and the ones that are the most memorable for me. but i get too emotional at times, so i need something not-so-touchy every now and then^^
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-14 at 03:47 PM.

K-on
    Air
    Seto no Hanayome
    D-greyman

Out of time for now, really wish i had you full list so i could make some real recommendations instead of guessing what youve missed

10+ Year Old Account
    i've seen Air (two times) already (and totally loved it!), but i might try K-on and Seto no Hanayome, they look nice
    i probably won't watch D.Gray Man though (although it looks intersting too, at least for a fighting-shounen) since i don't want to watch an anime with ~100 episodes (and fillers), when i have so many others that i'd like to try.

i probably won't watch D.Gray Man though (although it looks intersting too, at least for a fighting-shounen) since i don't want to watch an anime with ~100 episodes (and fillers), when i have so many others that i'd like to try.
    Ah right its such a long time since i watched it so i completely forgot how long the anime is (manga still ongoing), alright sorting out all below 100 then.

Tsukihime
    Utawarerumono
    Trigun < old but good and more humorus than the intro looks
    Gantz since you liked baccano this might fit in aswell (does contain a sex scen thou)
    Sword of the Stranger
    Canaan
    Shakugan no Shana
    Kurokami
    Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    To Aru Majutsu no Index
    Howls Moving Castle

Off to find some more...maybe ill look around in my 2x TB externals...but really i dont wanna go there today

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    From Google, Kanon does look impressive, but a little ... shiny... though of course I wont have a proper idea until I watch it.
    dont deny kanon.