Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X nuff said.
    I loved the comedy parts in the manga, it made me laugh really loud

And the action is OK.
    In the anime i don't really recall alot of comedy :/

Kyrsa
    wow so I totally forgot to mention the sports anime / manga that I like

Eyeshield 21. Hiruma is hilarious flat out, you lose some of his humor in the anime versus the manga because it gets censored out a bit.

Hajime no Ippo. Old school they did a reboot / continuation of the anime called New Challenger but the manga has continued for a good while. It is a manga and anime about boxing so there is fighting but its not your typical shounen style. A little bit over the top in some of the fights

Prince of Tennis. It was okay got totally ridiculous at the end of it.

Prince of Bowling. Korean manga same kinda line as tennis but way more humor, never finished reading this dont think there is an anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    What the hell did I just see 0.o

Glad to see some Baccano! love in this thread. The story really isn't that complicated if you actually watch it.

Needs more: Outlaw Star, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hunter X Hunter (a lot like dragonball, more of a kids anime i guess)

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorites are:
    Fooly Cooly (FLCL)
    Princess Mononoke
    Code Geass
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Eureka 7
    Ghost in the Shell
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Dragon Ball Z & GT

Also, FLCL is the greatest anime of all time. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    this one looks interesting, might give it a try
    i know Gantz (well, the first half at least, since i stopped watching there) and i wouldn't compare it to Baccano. they are both very random, but that's about it. Baccano is very humorous and fast!
    Gantz is trying to create a depressing and weird atmosphere but fails completely (for me at least) and has some of the most long-drawn-out and boring scenes of all animes i've watched. oh and the leading character is a sexist asshole^^
    long story short, Gantz was one of the worst animes i've tried. sorry :P
    thanks for reminding me of this one!
    i've seen it once some time ago and really liked it. will probably watch it again soon and put it in my list (if i get the motivation to update it^^).
    o.O
    this doesn't really look like an anime i could like in any way xD
    this one looks rather creative and unique, but more for a younger and/or family audience.

all others: meh. they don't look too bad, but not really good either. i just don't like (typical) action animes in general.

anyway, thanks for the tips! =)

So.... cute :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    What the hell did I just see 0.o
    you have seen nothing!
    NO ONE CAN DENY THE CUTENESS!!! (<-- may contain some small spoilers if you watch it carefully, so don't watch the whole video if you didn't see Kanon 2006 yet and can't stand to see even the slightest hint of story.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrsa View Post
    wow so I totally forgot to mention the sports anime / manga that I like
    fine with me, i totally don't like any kind of sports anime xD

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Glad to see some Baccano! love in this thread. The story really isn't that complicated if you actually watch it.
    true, the story itself isn't too complicated (especially when you've already seen the whole anime and just think about it again), but the narrative style is a rather complicated and weird one with all the different points of view and "leaps in time" (which is one reason why this anime is pretty unique and cool imo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e15XNZbDJ8U

Sigh.
    I am addicted to this and have been listening to it non stop for the last few days Sy.
    I hate you >:7

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i know Gantz well, Gantz was one of the worst animes i've tried. sorry :P
    Not blaming you, seeing as you liked something as random as Baccano it was worth mentioning atleast

thanks for reminding me of this one!
    i've seen it once some time ago and really liked it. will probably watch it again soon and put it in my list (if i get the motivation to update it^^).
    One of the better movies ive seen, heartly recommended.

o.O
    this doesn't really look like an anime i could like in any way xD
    Because its a shounen? or because of the martial arts? in either cases its kept in a lower profile than its humor

this one looks rather creative and unique, but more for a younger and/or family audience.
    Well its a Studio Ghibli so its really for a larger audiance so they do keep it in a unique style, you can put Mononoke up with that movie since its just as good.

all others: meh. they don't look too bad, but not really good either. i just don't like (typical) action animes in general.
    Hm hm okay, theres some in there i really like but i can watch most animes (some exceptions do exist thou)

anyway, thanks for the tips! =)
    Your welcome

you have seen nothing!
    (<-- may contain some small spoilers if you watch it carefully, so don't watch the whole video if you didn't see Kanon 2006 yet and can't stand to see even the slightest hint of story.)
    Giving a tease and a fullblown vid of humor so they will miss out alot isnt what i do but oh well might get them hooked.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 05:50 PM ----------

What's the story about in Kanon? (I don't want spoilers just a nice summary)
    Can't really find it anywhere :/
    http://animenfo.com/animetitle,3729,...anon_2006.html

Would that be sufficent? Otherwise;

http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/a560.html < may contain some spoilers i havent been proof reading it all since i just got home
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-11-15 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.
    I am addicted to this and have been listening to it non stop for the last few days Sy.
    I hate you >:7
    i hate you too <3
    Kanon, Clannad, Air <3

What's the story about in Kanon? (I don't want spoilers just a nice summary)
    Can't really find it anywhere :/
    Kanon 2006 (that's the site i always use to look up animes, but the english part of the site is only very small. very nice descriptions, informations and professional comments in german though.)

Yuichi, a high school guy, moves to his cousin Nayuki, where he often stayed during summer when he was a kid. he can't really remember anything from back then though. he starts going to school there, together with Nayuki, meets many cute/strange/mysterious girls and slowly realizes that his past (and his lost memories) are connected to those girls.
    every one of the girls has her own story too (Makoto has amnesia and the only thing she knows is that she hates Yuichi, Ayu is searching for something she can't even remember, Mai is at school every night for some mysterious reason, and so on).

Not blaming you, seeing as you liked something as random as Baccano it was worth mentioning atleast
    of course, thanks^^
    One of the better movies ive seen, heartly recommended.
    indeed.
    Because its a shounen? or because of the martial arts? in either cases its kept in a lower profile than its humor
    because of both, especially in combination
    Well its a Studio Ghibli so its really for a larger audiance so they do keep it in a unique style, you can put Mononoke up with that movie since its just as good.
    already guessed so, the style looked similar.
    Hm hm okay, theres some in there i really like but i can watch most animes (some exceptions do exist thou)
    i wouldn't say i'd never ever like one of course^^ it's just not the genre i prefer.
    Giving a tease and a fullblown vid of humor so they will miss out alot isnt what i do but oh well might get them hooked.
    well, i've watched it many times already after i've seen Kanon and i still think it's awesome xD
    wasn't really intended to give an example of what to expect overall in the anime.

well, i've watched it many times already after i've seen Kanon and i still think it's awesome xD
    wasn't really intended to give an example of what to expect overall in the anime.
    well, theres a video that explains all of kanons awesomeness... <--- spoiler, dont watch it unless youve seen it!

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naivedo View Post
    Also, FLCL is the greatest anime of all time. :P
    This was me when i watched FLCL

I do know some love it, but it was just such a misfit for me, sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/a560.html < may contain some spoilers i havent been proof reading it all since i just got home
    excellent review! and no spoilers, although it doesn't really try to tell much of the actual storyline anyway.

@both
    Thanks ^^
    you're welcome

well, theres a video that explains all of kanons awesomeness... <--- spoiler, dont watch it unless youve seen it!
    xDDD
    "all we can do is sit and watch..."
    the one with Ayu is even better imo!^^

wtf? o.O

wtf? o.O
    FLCL is the only anime ive ever rated below 1 star, ye....

Not trying to start a flame war about it but it didnt fit my taste, kinda imagine making anime into pills and they all have their unique taste and they all taste well until you find one glowing with a dark colour and you hear whispers in your head just from looking at it, when deciding to taste it you cant describe the taste as anything else than the most god forsaken thing youve ever eaten....this for me was FLCL, i guess others have other animes that fits that description.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind?
    I loved this one. Apologies for bringing WoW into an Off-Topic discussion, but I'm planning a hunter for Cataclysm and at the moment really struggling to decide which pet to name Nausciaa (I put way too much thought into these things). There will also be a Calcifer (Howl's Moving Castle) and Batou (Ghost in the Shell) and, straying from anime, probably a Nymeria.
    Last edited by Skjerra; 2010-11-15 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjerra View Post
    Apologies for bringing WoW into an Off-Topic discussion
    there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's related to said discussion or doesn't derail the thread too much with a long and unrelated discussion

i can't really be of any help though, since i didn't see those animes (yet)^^

Quote Originally Posted by Skjerra View Post
    I loved this one. Apologies for bringing WoW into an Off-Topic discussion, but I'm planning a hunter for Cataclysm and at the moment really struggling to decide which pet to name Nausciaa (I put way too much thought into these things). There will also be a Calcifer (Howl's Moving Castle) and Batou (Ghost in the Shell) and, straying from anime, probably a Nymeria.
    For Nausicaa? Hmm I'd go with an Eagle. That is what I was going to name mine before I went for the theme of British warships =P
    Eagle is the animal I immediately associated with Nausicaa when I first saw her.
    If not that, then a fox? For the fox squirrel ;]

Ha! Excel Saga. One of the most ridiculous yet enjoyable things I have ever watched.

Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.
    All hail Garrosh Hellscream!
    I've fallen for a woman... without a pulse. -- Forsaken afficionado. <3

Ghost in the Shell is well worth a watch, the series more than the movie (in my opinion).

Deleted
    I watched the first 4 episodes of kanon 2006 and i have to say it is the most random anime i've ever seen. I'm going to finish it but i hope these is going to make sense at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    I watched the first 4 episodes of kanon 2006 and i have to say it is the most random anime i've ever seen. I'm going to finish it but i hope these is going to make sense at the end.
    it's not random at all. it's normal for animes of this sort to have a few introduction episodes. all the very different and strange characters are introduced and the first steps of their stories are explained, leaving both the viewer and the leading character in a "what is this all going to be about?!" state.
    Kanon also has a typical pattern of a) showing small parts of the actual background story (Yuichi's lost memories) without explaining them at first, b) constantly switching between touching and funny scenes/episodes and c) a few story parts that aren't going to be fully explained in detail, because they are meant as philosophical hints and thoughts.

don't expect most of the animes i've listed to be as simple and one-dimensional as animes like Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball or Kidou Senshi Gundam in terms of story(-telling), humor and character design.

Kanon, and most of the animes i've liked, are intended for a mature audience for a reason.
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-16 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE I: added Lucky Star, School Days, Stranger -Mukou Hadan- and a new category (movies) and moved Gekijouban Clannad there (with it's own description).

Because of the cuteness?
    Uguu~

anyway, i hope you get to like it in the end, futomara.
    and i hope a few others will give it a try, too
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-12-17 at 11:56 AM.