Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

An extremely late LK 10 kill

update:

I'm not replying to or reading any more replies to this thread because of all the trolling, if you are a mod please lock it.

Original post:

Prepair for a wall of text

Wrath has for the most part not been a good expansion for me, not that the content was bad, but socially. Most of my friends quit playing WoW in BC or in some cases half way through Wrath, for over a year I have been drifting from guild to guild. Many of which have been unstable noob guilds, or older more established guilds in the midst of falling apart. As such most of my ICC raiding has either been with pugs or people I was only vaguely familiar with.

At one point I joined one of the largest raiding guilds on my server, however I was reduced to going exclusively on alt runs, which could in some cases clear up to Sindrogosa, but always wiped out on LK. By the time I had built up enough seniority to get on the main raid team the guild had imploded on itself and disbanded for reasons I to this day don't fully understand. There I was again, guildless and extremely agitated. My server is not the kind of server where LK is pugged daily. Its a small server and to be honest most of the players on it suck balls and have down syndrome, despite my many pug attempts on LK it never ended in anything but large repair bills.

From that point I joined a small guild which I had intended to just be a chat channel while I waited for Cataclysm, but once I got over what had happened I started raiding. I was originally somewhat agitated with this guild because they insisted on doing heroic 10 mode achievements, which although nice I didn't really care about. The only thing I wanted, and the only reason I was still setting foot in ICC was because I wanted a LK kill before the expansion was over.

Despite being a bit annoyed I stuck it through, and I finally got my LK kill, even though the main reason they were doing it was for a drake achievement that I really didn't care about.

-screen link removed for trolling-
    Last edited by Zonned; 2010-11-19 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    Nice dude, you downed him in the nick of time. Lich King almost died of old age!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice dude, you downed him in the nick of time. Lich King almost died of old age!
    /trollspray

Would actually have been funny if OP didnt already use the joke on title.

@OP
    Grats man. My friend just killed him yesterday and was so happy about it too.
    Your first paragraph illustrates wotlk for me aswell.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now I can move into Cataclysm without any major regrets at least.

inb4 "nice ui bro" and "nice keybinds bro"

OT: I guess that it feels nice to get your well-deserved title.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Grats on sticking it out...I quit back in May before I had killed LK. I think my guild killed him about a week after I quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Congratulations, but beware of the inevitable trolls.

Also maybe US world first forum isnt the best place to post this, general might be better (general, not cata general).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    inb4 "nice ui bro" and "nice keybinds bro"

OT: I guess that it feels nice to get your well-deserved title.
    Been playing with this same UI since 2004, no complaints.

Have you killed yogg-saron?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats bud, your story sounds very much like my own lol...server hopped like 4 times and finally decided to start my own 10 man guild 4 months ago. We just downed LK ourselves about 2 weeks ago. :-)

just like when i finally got it after like 5k of wipe son the lich king we had 12 minuites left last tuesday before the reset anyway dude GRTZ ON YA ACHI I FEEL YA PAIN AND GRTZ ON FINLALLY GETTING IT>
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    Have you killed yogg-saron?
    I never raided much in Ulduar, I quit about 6 months into Wrath and by the time I came back it was all about TOC.

My Uldular experience is of nothing but weeklies.

Congratulations. Well deserved :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't killed him on 10 man, but I'm 11/12 HC on 25 man...
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trikrib View Post
    Congratulations. Well deserved :-)
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by durenicus View Post
    Congrats bud, your story sounds very much like my own lol...server hopped like 4 times and finally decided to start my own 10 man guild 4 months ago. We just downed LK ourselves about 2 weeks ago. :-)
    Lol yeah thats cutting it realllly close.

I really can't figure out if this is a troll or not but after seeing auto attack binded I'll go with troll.

Its all about not removing auto-attack from your action bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannislaus View Post
    Grats on sticking it out...I quit back in May before I had killed LK. I think my guild killed him about a week after I quit.
    Same here, only that it was in March.

Funfact: Played a bit again about 3 months later. Went to Ruby Sanctum25, to help out against Halion. Killed him on first try without any trouble.
    Apparently my guild had been wiping on him for about 20 times that week already. <.<
    Still didn't kill LK. :P

Congratulations!

I just got my first 10man kill about 5 days ago. I had 10/12 experience before that on maybe 4 other toons.

But this was my first crack at the King, and we got him down after 6-7 tries.

It's all that matter's to me. I'm only in it for the lore anymore, now days.

Enjoy the title. I did for about 3 hours, now im back to my Ironforge or None title.. hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    looking at ur #1 key makes me sad at what wow has become...