Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grats. I only got my first LK kill last Friday, mainly because I quit in the last week of February and only came back a little while ago (was 11/12 in 10man since I killed Sindragosa the week that wing was released, then quit a couple of days later).

Especially not since you use keybinds past 6. [6 can be usable if you have really big hands and/or a small keyboard.]
    My hands are large but not freakishly so and I can bind 7 and reach it without any issues, but above that yeah it's a bit of a stretch.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    You are not a keybinder.
    No, you aren't. You have the standard bar keybinded from 1 to [dunno what's past 0 on english keyboards], which just is not enough to be called a keybinder.
    Especially not since you use keybinds past 6. [6 can be usable if you have really big hands and/or a small keyboard.]

Since you are not a keybinder and do have to click some of your abilities[dispersion is an important one] aswell as your potions, you are closer to being a clicker than a keybinder. [Though not really either of them.]
    I use a combination of keybinding and clicking, I've literally played that way for years. But I probably will be doing some re-arranging and see if I can squeeze a few more abilities on my keybind.

Gratz!

My last guild just killed him last week, so they probably would understand better how you feel than I do. Although I was happy too when I killed him less than 2 months ago.
    Been raiding with my new guild for over a month before I got my KS. I was in the main raiding team from the first week, because they lacked ranged dps. So, there I was, wiping on LDW, PP and Sindra hc and in the end of the week there wasn't enough time to kill LK. But I still got my title

-edit- Before I forget: nice guildname ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, while yes it's late in the expansion (and easier now), the only thing that matters is that you've done what you originally wanted to. Defeating the end-boss of the expansion is important, it's like beating any other video game before the new installment is released.

Congrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morv View Post
    as a shadow priest myself, looking at your UI and your bindings makes me sick
    you think 8-10k is respectable? not with the 30% buff and 4pc t10.
    you're bad and you should feel bad.
    lol, yes ofcouse the dps is bad on LK cos in the transition you will have like 5 secs with no dps other than dots on LK that will lower your dps signicicantly, he could wait 1-2 seconds so he can clearly target val'kyr or have to move for defile alot
    Yes, i know hes trolling but i like to reply

OT: gz

edit: 'your a clicker' wtf are u guys on about, he clearly doesnt click and he keybinds moves that he needs, i click some things like potions because i have a small and fiddly keyboard ( i play on a laptop )

OP: Congrats!
    I, too share the joy of a fresh LK kill on the precipice of Cataclysm.

After many months of trying and failing with different people, I had a group of my most trusted friends blaze our way through ICC, despite a few hiccups on BQL and Sindragosa. We tried for 2 full days of pulls, and were met with repair bills. I finally told them that if they really don't want Kingslayer they should just walk away. The next pull, everything went as smooth as it could have ever been. Defile placement was perfect, Valk kills were quick, and Frostmourne only managed to get 1 person. Vent erupted when he killed us all via Frostmourne (signaling the end of the fight/rp/kill phase). It was a mixed blessing as I had gotten the kill on my druid healer alt as opposed to my warrior main, but I was elated that all my friends whom have worked just as hard as myself to get the elusive LK kill, and thusly, Kingslayer.

As they say, better late than not at all!

15+ Year Old Account
    So far, many people tried to point out what you do/did wrong. At first they did it relatively neutral, though that's always hard when critisizing.
    You reacted aggressively and rude.
    They went ahead and made their critic negative.
    You call them whining idiots.
    I don't know if you understand what it is like to create a thread when you have a great moment in your life when you want to share, and then you get on the forums, put together a reasonable post, and share your moment with the internet. Then, they latch on to a minor point in his post (keybindings) and attack it. The OP can't possibly respond to the ridiculous amount of users criticizing him, so of course, he gets frustrated. While somebody reading this post will probably laugh right now and go "WHO CARES?!11", it actually is a big deal to thrust your emotions and accomplishments on to the internet and have them relentlessly attacked for pages upon pages.

I know, "It's the internet!", but still, we as a community should be better than this.

Sorry for the haters, Zonned.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    You actually got putri hc before LK? oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsen View Post
    OP: Congrats!
    I, too share the joy of a fresh LK kill on the precipice of Cataclysm.

After many months of trying and failing with different people, I had a group of my most trusted friends blaze our way through ICC, despite a few hiccups on BQL and Sindragosa. We tried for 2 full days of pulls, and were met with repair bills. I finally told them that if they really don't want Kingslayer they should just walk away. The next pull, everything went as smooth as it could have ever been. Defile placement was perfect, Valk kills were quick, and Frostmourne only managed to get 1 person. Vent erupted when he killed us all via Frostmourne (signaling the end of the fight/rp/kill phase). It was a mixed blessing as I had gotten the kill on my druid healer alt as opposed to my warrior main, but I was elated that all my friends whom have worked just as hard as myself to get the elusive LK kill, and thusly, Kingslayer.

As they say, better late than not at all!
    Lol yeah, grats.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    You actually got putri hc before LK? oO
    Yeah i've downed him and several other heroic bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats. Also, screw you, now I really want a double bacon cheeseburger thing.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a clicker!

Oh wait I don't even have action bars visible. :-p Action bars are a crutch! lol just playin. but yeah you don't need em with a full array of binds.

You can make around 50 binds all in the wasd area by using Shift, Crtl, and altmodifiers and more if you have an 8 button mouse or something like that like I use

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I don't know if you understand what it is like to create a thread when you have a great moment in your life when you want to share, and then you get on the forums, put together a reasonable post, and share your moment with the internet. Then, they latch on to a minor point in his post (keybindings) and attack it. The OP can't possibly respond to the ridiculous amount of users criticizing him, so of course, he gets frustrated. While somebody reading this post will probably laugh right now and go "WHO CARES?!11", it actually is a big deal to thrust your emotions and accomplishments on to the internet and have them relentlessly attacked for pages upon pages.

I know, "It's the internet!", but still, we as a community should be better than this.

Sorry for the haters, Zonned.
    I do know about it, though only mildly. Same stuff happened to me.
    I actually would react similar aswell, at least in a rather unfriendly way. However, the difference is whether you latch onto the criticism and initiate a fight, whether you just ignore it, or, which is actually best, whether you just stay rational.
    The last choice is hard and I doubt that even 10% of our community would actually react that way. However, ignoring aswell as discussing it are still both acceptable.

Don't know whether you've heard of the saying, but where I'm from we were taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, you might be better off saying nothing. The OP didn't have anything nice to answer to the first people pointing out his flaws, so he should just have kept quiet. [I'm not trying to defend the first responses, though. Some of them were rather rude/inappropriate.]
    Last edited by Voij; 2010-11-16 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    I'm a clicker!

Oh wait I don't even have action bars visible. :-p Action bars are a crutch! lol just playin. but yeah you don't need em with a full array of binds.

You can make around 50 binds all in the wasd area by using Shift, Crtl, and altmodifiers and more if you have an 8 button mouse or something like that like I use
    I have a whole bunch of healbot macros but not so many for my dps spec.

I noticed that your guild also got the Achievement for Necrotic Plague with your kill. Very well done, did anyone get their drakes from the kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathmorne View Post
    I noticed that your guild also got the Achievement for Necrotic Plague with your kill. Very well done, did anyone get their drakes from the kill?
    I know several of them are working on it, but I think they still need a few more.

Deleted
    Grats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Grats. Also, screw you, now I really want a double bacon cheeseburger thing.
    In our new menu you can get a second Double Bacon Cheese and a myocardial infarction for only 2 additional dollar. How about it?

Grz mate. Good Job getting Been Waiting a Long Time for This as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    In our new menu you can get a second Double Bacon Cheese and a myocardial infarction for only 2 additional dollar. How about it?
    Sign me the fuck up.
    "The truth, my goal."

Grats.

Strange as it may seem, many folks not in a raiding team have yet to see LK down. On the servers I play on LK pugs are rare, at best they usually get to Blood Queen or Sindy.

I'm not part of a raiding team (though my guild raiding team have had LK heroic on farm for a while now). Doing ICC once a week at most with the other non-raiding members and alts, and often with a few randoms thrown in, I've yet to see LK down, though I'm feeling confident about this weekends run.

I still think out of the general playerbase, and certainly on the realms I play, there are more people who don't have Kingslayer than those who do. So even now killing LK is something that should give some semblence of satisfaction.