Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs down Prot PvP overnerfed

Full absorbs on avengershield and with the shorter cd 2points in the talent tree is now worthless (Grand Crusader). With any kite class is not ez to generate Hpower. Now i will admit that wog overpowered but it went from sexual healing to barely worth using over ShoR. Prot has always been strong vs melee classes but now 1 stun is insta death. We were extremly reliant on the 30% stun reduction and fear reductions coupled with the longer cd on HoF now in the ret tree and the loss of cleansing magic. Im mean with 2 weeks to cata launch Bg's were the only fun thing goin on. Now its borderline miserable. I imagine ghostcrawlers warrior was getting pawned and like always he threw a hissy fit at paladins

This is either a pathetic attempt at trolling (0/10 seriously) or one of the most childish things I've read in a long time.

GC is not a 13 year old nerd raging at any specific class and doesn't get to decide how to balance the game on his own.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Tank spec of any class have no place in rated PvP anyway I hope they nerf Warriors and DK's next so we can be done with tanks in PvP.
    According to you. Blizzard wants them to be useful enough in rated BG's. They've said so multiple times.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    This is either a pathetic attempt at trolling (0/10 seriously) or one of the most childish things I've read in a long time.

GC is not a 13 year old nerd raging at any specific class and doesn't get to decide how to balance the game on his own.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 10:58 PM ----------

According to you. Blizzard wants them to be useful enough in rated BG's. They've said so multiple times.
    Of course according to me, Why should I care what Blizzard wants or thinks? They sure as hell don't play that aspect of the game so who cares what they think or want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    As much as i will get flamed for saying this and i would like to firstly say i DO NOT agree with it.

Blizz appear to be making the same stance theyve taken for some time, Paladins are fine for PVP as they can heal as Holy. So therefore live with it.

nb. They said this about shadow priest pvp that they can play disc and similary with boomkins can play resto, so there is still hope.

Of course according to me, Why should I care what Blizzard wants or thinks? They sure as hell don't play that aspect of the game so who cares what they think or want.

Trololololol? No other possible explanation for suggesting a multi-billion dollar company doesn't test their own product.

Your conspiracy theories are really sad. If you hate the game that much (or your class, seriously) go play something else.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trololololol? No other possible explanation for suggesting a multi-billion dollar company doesn't test their own product.

Your conspiracy theories are really sad. If you hate the game that much (or your class, seriously) go play something else.
    Apparently YOU weren't on the beta embarrassing the developers at their own game. The fact that you think just because it's a multi-billion dollar company that means they play every aspect of the game is kinda humorous.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Apparently YOU weren't on the beta embarrassing the developers at their own game. The fact that you think just because it's a multi-billion dollar company that means they play every aspect of the game is kinda humorous.
    LOL. so the developers have to be the best at their own game to know how to develop a game? Dear god. Do you even think these things through? or just say whatever comes to mind ini the most insulting and childish way possible?

Every so often someone says something so incredibly stupid that they convince me in a matter of seconds they have nothing to contribute to any actual discussion and are just here to troll people with their stupid conspiracy crap. Congratulations, you are one of those people. Enjoy the ignore list.

Deleted
    calm down dearys.

on a lighter note im pretty sure i read that the only place in pvp they want prot to have is flag carriering. And theyve made vengeance dispellable so that when your trying to kill the flag carrier he doesnt start one shotting the people attempting.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL. so the developers have to be the best at their own game to know how to develop a game? Dear god. Do you even think these things through? or just say whatever comes to mind ini the most insulting and childish way possible?

Every so often someone says something so incredibly stupid that they convince me in a matter of seconds they have nothing to contribute to any actual discussion and are just here to troll people with their stupid conspiracy crap. Congratulations, you are one of those people. Enjoy the ignore list.
    Well since you have a hard time reading what you felt needed to be in bold print - They sure as hell don't play that aspect of the game. I have been talking about playing that has nothing to do with developing. The fact you decided to call me stupid after you started an argument about something I said nothing about is really quite ironic.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-11-19 at 04:26 AM.

./shrug at the troll label , but seriously the 2 points for grand crusade now go were ? imp consercrate ? The one thing we dont want is free AE. Ret PvP really feels like twinking , praying on the undergeared but when ya hitting 1500+ resil. not much damge is output. The Ktty and boomkin are doing fine in Bg's so why are we as Paladins forced to go holy ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    calm down dearys.

on a lighter note im pretty sure i read that the only place in pvp they want prot to have is flag carriering. And theyve made vengeance dispellable so that when your trying to kill the flag carrier he doesnt start one shotting the people attempting.
    It really doesn't matter it has no business in PvP anyway and yes it is my opinion and yes I could care less what Blizzard or any other player thinks we are all entitled to our own opinion just because it's mine doesn't mean it right or wrong it's an opinion.

Prot is for tanking, not peeveepee.

Stop crying because a spec that was OP and playable by the baddest of the bads, and wasn't supposed to be, is now in its rightful place.

Deleted
    It really doesn't matter it has no business in PvP anyway and yes it is my opinion and yes I could care less what Blizzard or any other player thinks we are all entitled to our own opinion just because it's mine doesn't mean it right or wrong it's an opinion.
    I think you should design your own game and play against AI.

Deleted
    Wasnt trying to offend anyone, just trying to state someone to help the thread. And yes everyones allowed their own opinions. Opinions are never right or wrong as they are opinions. 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' as it were.

Personally Resilience breaks the use of tank gear in pvp, and making tank specs viable isnt something they should be wasting there time on when there are more pressing issues. big example being retlol.

I'm still having very good success with prot PvP. Is the OP talking about changes that aren't live yet? I think the one that will hurt me most is PotI not working on self-cast heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    WoW that post was amazing, i hope you enjoy a nice lengthy ban for such a retarded and rude post.
    Don't get the Victoria Secrets wrapped in a bunch I just know who he is from when he was on Detheroc. /prescribes Midol JUST KIDDING!

The man is entitled to his opinion. I agree that Prot should not be in the PVP arena but I have been doing it for 2 years now and world pvping as prot for last 5 years. Fact of the matter is in PVP Prot had no place and Blizzard kind of HAD to give it to us. I mean they nerfed a lot of our prot abilities due to PVP in different classes and spec, the least they can do is allow us to actually partake in PVP.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    Full absorbs on avengershield and with the shorter cd 2points in the talent tree is now worthless (Grand Crusader). With any kite class is not ez to generate Hpower. Now i will admit that wog overpowered but it went from sexual healing to barely worth using over ShoR. Prot has always been strong vs melee classes but now 1 stun is insta death. We were extremly reliant on the 30% stun reduction and fear reductions coupled with the longer cd on HoF now in the ret tree and the loss of cleansing magic. Im mean with 2 weeks to cata launch Bg's were the only fun thing goin on. Now its borderline miserable. I imagine ghostcrawlers warrior was getting pawned and like always he threw a hissy fit at paladins
    I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but I guess I'll bite.
    1) Grand Crusader is NOT worthless. Even if your avenger's shield is being fully absorbed, your silence/snare (if glyphed) still takes effect.
    2) Right now its unreachable, but at 85 when we can access pursuit of justice, we can generate holy power fairly quickly being constantly snared/fear/stuned.
    3) Word of Glory is still very powerful, though in the arena/rated bgs, you'll most likely have a dedicated healer of some sort so it doesn't matter much anyway.
    4) If you're being killed in one stun, you're either not watching your health properly, fighting more than one target, or are just lacking in resilience.
    5) As I stated in my second point those effects work to our advantage, and if you have someone dispelling them off you, you can only benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapers View Post
    I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Don't get the Victoria Secrets wrapped in a bunch I just know who he is from when he was on Detheroc. /prescribes Midol JUST KIDDING!
    I knew that name was familiar!

But yeah, it's really not like they nerfed Prot PvP to the ground, they just changed how to do it.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Xelkova View Post
    I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but I guess I'll bite.
    1) Grand Crusader is NOT worthless. Even if your avenger's shield is being fully absorbed, your silence/snare (if glyphed) still takes effect.
    2) Right now its unreachable, but at 85 when we can access pursuit of justice, we can generate holy power fairly quickly being constantly snared/fear/stuned.
    3) Word of Glory is still very powerful, though in the arena/rated bgs, you'll most likely have a dedicated healer of some sort so it doesn't matter much anyway.
    4) If you're being killed in one stun, you're either not watching your health properly, fighting more than one target, or are just lacking in resilience.
    5) As I stated in my second point those effects work to our advantage, and if you have someone dispelling them off you, you can only benefit.
    Grand Crusader is an amazing talent to spec for in Prot PVP. I want to see a healer try to heal his partners when he just took 3 back to back Grand Crusader procs.

At 85 Prot PVP is more bursty than Ret. Our HoR hits same if not harder than Ret's do at 85. Now to mention all the cooldowns we have for survivability including Divine Protection turned into Spell DMG reduction by 40% and GOTAK.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Grand Crusader is an amazing talent to spec for in Prot PVP. I want to see a healer try to heal his partners when he just took 3 back to back Grand Crusader procs.

At 85 Prot PVP is more bursty than Ret. Our HoR hits same if not harder than Ret's do at 85. Now to mention all the cooldowns we have for survivability including Divine Protection turned into Spell DMG reduction by 40% and GOTAK.
    I fully agree with you, I just dislike the random aspects of grand crusader. But hey, beggars can't be chosers. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapers View Post
    I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"