10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    I am disappointed that you haven't watched Ghibli stuff yet =[
    who said i didn't?

no, i haven't watched it^^ but i have Princess Mononoke on my pc now and will watch it soon. although that doesn't automatically mean it gets a place in my favorite list

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    who said i didn't?

no, i haven't watched it^^ but i have Princess Mononoke on my pc now and will watch it soon. although that doesn't automatically mean it gets a place in my favorite list
    It will the moment you watch it ;]

waah, i totally forgot about them, sorry
    Np! it was kinda hidden between the talk with bahumut5 so i dont blame you Sy

looks like it's just a worse Shuffle. many very cute girls, not so much of everything else
    Well its quite different from Shuffle and it fits into the Comdey, Drama, Tragedy with a small touch of fantasy like something i know you like, althou i admit its based on a eroge... so ye its harem all over.. but empty stoy? way no

those two look good, may give them a try
    Hope you enjoy them

Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    Well random stuff is just Japan i gues, I just love that country ^^
    Yup, thers tons of random stuff out there and i really wish id gone there last summer...next one maybe..

It will the moment you watch it ;]
    Trust these words, many are converted by gibhli

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Np! it was kinda hidden between the talk with bahumut5 so i dont blame you Sy
    you're too kind :P
    Well its quite different from Shuffle and it fits into the Comdey, Drama, Tragedy with a small touch of fantasy like something i know you like, althou i admit its based on a eroge... so ye its harem all over.. but empty stoy? way no
    it's difficult for me to give any real opinion, since all i can do is watch the op and read the description and some comments. but the comments on anisearch were quite negative overall, and i usually trust at least a few of those people.
    Trust these words, many are converted by gibhli
    we'll see^^

edit:
    btw Demoneyes, i'm nearly done watching Angel Beats!
    and i don't really know what to say.. i actually really enjoyed watching it so far, but there are many striking flaws.
    the logicial mistakes and inconsistencies are countless, the drama parts and character stories are for the most part way too short, unrealistic and excessive, the background story is kinda unique and interesting but it feels like the story writer(s) got confused by it them selves after a while, the humor is sometimes in rather inappropriate moments and most of the story and character "twists" didn't surprise me at all.

but i still like it! hmm^^
    i guess that's mostly because the humor (even if it may be inappropriate or excessive in some moments) is very well done most of the time, i had quite a few good laughs, and i simply love Tenshi^^ she's cool, strange and cute at the same time
    the action parts are very good too, although that's only a small bonus for me personally.

oh and new wallpaper for me

original artwork <-- not done by me of course, i only edited it since i prefer dark backgrounds.
    will probably continue to edit it though when i feel like.
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-21 at 04:24 PM.

it's difficult for me to give any real opinion, since all i can do is watch the op and read the description and some comments. but the comments on anisearch were quite negative overall, and i usually trust at least a few of those people.
    Hm really? my overall search for it gave many good reviews but overall the anime felt a bit sluggish at points, anyways it fits the tags you were looking for quite well so its worth bringing up.

we'll see^^
    Heh, trust me i was sceptic looking at it at first but i changed my mind quite fast

edit:
    btw Demoneyes, i'm nearly done watching Angel Beats!
    and i don't really know what to say.. i actually really enjoyed watching it so far, but there are many striking flaws.
    I kinda find those its charm points, btw gotta love the chairs

the logicial mistakes and inconsistencies are countless, the drama parts and character stories are for the most part way too short, unrealistic and excessive, the background story is kinda unique and interesting but it feels like the story writer(s) got confused by it them selves after a while, the humor is sometimes in rather inappropriate moments and most of the story and character "twists" didn't surprise me at all.

but i still like it! hmm^^
    Quite so, i guess they didnt quite get as much of a budget seeing as its only what 12 episodes? 13? it diverges alot from the manga who starts before Otonashi even gets into the picture, kinda think its good thou that it wasnt too long, they couldnt have prolonged it much anyways (was my feeling about it anyways)

i guess that's mostly because the humor (even if it may be inappropriate or excessive in some moments) is very well done most of the time, i had quite a few good laughs, and i simply love Tenshi^^ she's cool, strange and cute at the same time
    the action parts are very good too, although that's only a small bonus for me personally.
    Haha, tenchi just owned, gotta agree

<-- not done by me of course, i only edited it since i prefer dark backgrounds.
    will probably continue to edit it though when i feel like.
    Grats

So Sy, I got addicted to that Kanon, Last Regrets theme...

Here's the theme from Spirited Away, one of Miyazaki's most famous Anime films, played by the composer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ni1sVCgEk

If you like Last Regrets I think you will like this.
    I mean, I hope you do <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Hm really? my overall search for it gave many good reviews but overall the anime felt a bit sluggish at points, anyways it fits the tags you were looking for quite well so its worth bringing up.
    like i said already, it's definitely nice to get some tips, even if not all of them may fit
    Quite so, i guess they didnt quite get as much of a budget seeing as its only what 12 episodes? 13? it diverges alot from the manga who starts before Otonashi even gets into the picture, kinda think its good thou that it wasnt too long, they couldnt have prolonged it much anyways (was my feeling about it anyways)
    i didn't knew there was a manga o.O i thought the anime was the original in this case.

and i think 24 instead of 13 episodes would have been a good choice. there are just way too many characters with their own story to get all of them done nicely in addition to the actual story with all it's twists, action and humor. you can really feel how the characters are going short because most of their stories have to be introduced, dealt with and finished in one single episode, plus humor and background story in every one of them. that's not how you create interesting, deep and original characters. and i think that's one reason why some of them feel so unrealistic and exaggerated.
    and most of the characters still didn't even get their own story, even if they are supposed to be interesting and unique persons.
    Grats
    thanks^^

If you like Last Regrets I think you will like this.
    I mean, I hope you do <3
    not bad, but it's not as beautiful and melodic as Last Regrets or Roaring Tides imo. although that may just be my subjective opinion, since i associate those two with scenes and emotions.

i'm listening to Angelic Break Beats atm
    one of the best anime soundtracks i've ever heard. sadly it rarely get's played in the actual anime.

Noooooooooooooooooo one Summer's Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
    It's so melodic and haunting ='>
    I prefer it to Last Regrets, but it is a close thing. I think I just like the tune, from 1 min and 25 seconds in, to 2 mins 55 ish is beautiful ;]
    Roaring Tides went to my favourites, but Angelic Break I didn't like as much ;]
    Not bad, but not beautiful..

A suggestion for you to try to watch from what your list has on it is The Wallflower, its a really funny parody that is just awesome! I mainly just watch rom-com myself and I have to ask is the Kanon 2006 different from the original? Most of what I've seen says its just a remake of it. And does anyone that reads these forums know if they ever plan on dubbing Vampire Knight Guilty like they did with the first season? (if you have info on VKG please post a link to your answer, no link means I don't have to get my hopes up... lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Angelic Break I didn't like as much ;]
    Not bad, but not beautiful..
    it's really different of course.

Quote Originally Posted by selaney View Post
    The Wallflower
    meh, doesn't really look interesting to me. shojo harem, comedy.. hmm^^
    I have to ask is the Kanon 2006 different from the original? Most of what I've seen says its just a remake of it.
    i haven't seen the original and of course it's just a remake.
    BUT! the remake is awesome. the graphic and animation of the original is pretty bad and the one of 2006 is simply beautiful. the sarcastic humor of the leading character (which is one of the best parts of the anime) is not really present in the original version. the drama parts are not nearly as touching and the original version is restricted to 13 episodes, while the remake has 24.
    that's what i heard and read from some people at least, but the lenght and the new graphics are already good reasons to watch the remake.

if you want a comparison:
    original Kanon: Ayu | Shiori | Amano & Yuichi
    Kanon 2006: Ayu | Shiori | Amano | Yuichi
    the old ones are just.. eew *shivers*
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-22 at 12:09 AM.

Hmm I might have to look into it although the story just annoyed me at the end, but with the longer story who knows lol...
    And yeah The Wallflower isn't for everyone but its an anime I suggest to everyone just on the offchance I find someone that likes it as much as I do lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I might have to look into it although the story just annoyed me at the end, but with the longer story who knows lol...
    i can't really say anything certain to the differences, but Kanon 2006 has one of the best endings from all the animes i've seen, although that's probably highly subjective.
    And yeah The Wallflower isn't for everyone but its an anime I suggest to everyone just on the offchance I find someone that likes it as much as I do lol...
    well, good luck xD

Wallflower is pretty epic, read the manga and watched the anime, good stuff.

Oh and Hellsing Ultimate rocks, much better then the first anime series.

Hmmm, haven't seen Visions of Escaflowne here, that's a nice one as well.

Aaaah, can't believe i forgot Saiyuki.... legendary.
    Last edited by Belial-sama; 2010-11-22 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Hmmm, haven't seen Visions of Escaflowne here, that's a nice one as well.
    i've watched it. overall nice anime, but gets really long-drawn-out imo and there are a little too many teen-girlish scenes^^
    it's good, but not one of my favorites. everyone who may like big more-or-less-robots mixed with romance in an untypical fantasy setting should give it a try.

Omg I finally found someone that likes The Wallflower!!! I never thought it would happen lol I've been suggesting it to my friends forever it seems...

i didn't knew there was a manga o.O i thought the anime was the original in this case.
    If im correct the "first" one with the story is a game, then the manga and anime...and i think all diverges

and i think 24 instead of 13 episodes would have been a good choice. there are just way too many characters with their own story to get all of them done nicely in addition to the actual story with all it's twists, action and humor. you can really feel how the characters are going short because most of their stories have to be introduced, dealt with and finished in one single episode, plus humor and background story in every one of them. that's not how you create interesting, deep and original characters. and i think that's one reason why some of them feel so unrealistic and exaggerated.
    and most of the characters still didn't even get their own story, even if they are supposed to be interesting and unique persons.
    Yea, in a way your correct but it would require them to create alot of more screen time for each and everyone which they probaly didnt have the content for, i guess it was intended as a short and bit touchy story and not a prolonged one....althou i would watch it and like it as much if it was 26 episodes i think it fits quite well with 13

i'm listening to Angelic Break Beats atm
    one of the best anime soundtracks i've ever heard. sadly it rarely get's played in the actual anime.
    Yep, they couldve used it more, i liked My Soul, My Beat and Alchemy a lot aswell!

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 07:47 AM ----------

Omg I finally found someone that likes The Wallflower!!! I never thought it would happen lol I've been suggesting it to my friends forever it seems...
    I followed it the first 70 chapters then i put it to rest since progression was dead, i can see its above 100 now and i really cant imagine it coming anywhere since i left it, sorry

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 08:22 AM ----------

btw found something interesting; http://otakuartist.wordpress.com/201...son-confirmed/

Kyrsa
    Has anyone mentioned Cowboy Bebop yet? I feel terrible that I forgot to list that its one of my favorite animes.
    and Yoko Kano did a fantastic job with the music for the whole series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd throw in Read or Die and Gantz if they aren't already mentioned.

Read or Die is about these three "sisters" that have extensive control over, well, paper. One sister primarily turns paper in to animals (wolves, lions, covers a plane with a huge bird and lands it) the other sister turns it into Weapons mostly, bows, swords, etc, and the third, and youngest, just straightens out the paper and is like a fucking ninja. Its awesome-sauce.

Gantz... I don't even know how to explain this one. Its about dying, being revived, getting a suit that augments your physical abilities, and going on missions to kill aliens. You don't find out why until pretty late, but it makes you think. '

I'd say Air Gear, but that seems to fall into yours 15 and under category of what you don't read/ watch.

And I'd also have to say Tenchi Muyo.

Third Edit: Someone pointed out my memory lapse, so I fixed it.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2010-11-23 at 05:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    To aru mahotsu no index(Action)
    Just gonna bump this specific title up.
    Its an amazing Anime with lots of Action and a bit of humor.
    Even the story line is (imo) very unique.
    Definitely worth watching (season 2 recently started as well).
    Dawwwwwww

I watched Kampfer a few days ago found it to be quite amusing, story is a bit off during season 1, hopefully season 2 will come along (soon) and fill in the blanks the ending was a bit fail imo, but loved the characters, especially Shizuku Sangou <3 (as seen in my avatar! <3<3)
    Last edited by Nzo; 2010-11-22 at 02:31 PM.
    Oh hi