Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea seems when the ToC raid came out story wise pushing into ICC it was nice, content wise, that raid belongs in some starter zone experience as a raid introduction.

1. The Raid/Zone of the Nerubians
    2. CrystalSong Forest
    3. Muradin's lost expedition
    4. Actual Gundrak
    5. Mal'Ganis's defeat at the Onslaught Harbor
    6. Arthas' death Scene, was weak.
    7. GALAKROND

YES

1. Nerubians underground city had such potential and I'm assuming they realized an under ground zone would kick ass, thus the Deepholm.
    2. It's almost obvious that's an unfinished zone with irrelevant Elf bases, if there was a purpose for them I never did those quests
    3. A quest chain could have been easily put in for this but not 100% on the lore of this and what he exactly did
    4. Sad face
    5. Could have been a 2nd phased event / raid that was done similiar to the Wrath Gate event easily
    6. While it was "cinematic" the game took a change in story telling from ToC - ICC it seemed like the sword breaking was to random
    7. Yea.. all we see is an attempt to re-animate him.. when he was the first of all dragons, sad really

EDIT: I go make coffee and this thread turned to Trash, ashame I can't delete all that bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Oh look, people already insult each other on the 1st page.

OT: They scrapped some stuff in Wotlk but I hope we get to see that snake tail thing in cata or in later expansion.
    oh yea that thing I've almost forgot about it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish now you had the ability to Mod your own thread and delete that shit, how can people honestly be so un-educated to come rant like that?

Deleted
    talking about trollwars...

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    oh yea that thing I've almost forgot about it.
    It reminds me of Hakkar's tale, though the Hakkar like Loa(?) was already dead, I believe.
    I typo for the Nazis

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post

OT: They scrapped some stuff in Wotlk but I hope we get to see that snake tail thing in cata or in later expansion.
    What tail?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeea sick pic.. I remember seeing that for the first time and instantly thought of Conan.. then went.. ding! That's going to be a raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    not everything blizz says should be taken as absolutely sure its gonna happen. I dont think there was a need for a gundrak raid however
    There wasnt a need for a troll raid in Wrath? Really? We were subjected to 6 months in a round room with a final boss that we had already been killing for a year. We waited since the beginning of December last year all the way until Cataclysm for new raiding content and no I do not consider the ruby sanctum as a major raid. We had PLENTY of room for a new raid during wrath.
    Doc: I'm a pacifist.
    Caboose: You're a thing that babies suck on?
    Tucker: No dude that's a pedophile.
    Church: Tucker, I think he means a pacifier.
    Tucker: Oh right, man I was totally thinking of something else.

it can still be a raid i mean we are going back to eastern kingdoms and kalimdor for raids such as Blackwing Lair and Bastion of twilight, there is still a chance we will go back to northrend at some point. I actually think the next troll raid is one expansion away though, I don't see blizzard putting in a troll raid with cataclysm due to it being all about death, fire and destruction >.>

either emerald dream or south seas expansion will have another troll raid IMO.

my only guess is that they had so much work to do for cata so they kinda postpone all the content planned for wotlk

I could most see a troll raid in the south seas expac........I always thought there was gonna be a raid in Grizzly at the bottom of Grizzlemaw there is a "path" that leads to what looks like where an instance port should be.....hell there is even a big stone that looks like a summoning stone....If anyone doesn't know what I mean I could always take a pic.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ Purenight

I'm on my way to check it out, can't sleep and its something I don't recall

EDIT: I don't see the stone but it made me think, wasn't there a planned Timerbaw raid / 5 man in Azshara or am I just not right

Double Edit : Found it going into that little hole, 2 stones actually.. sad face
    Last edited by Inaru; 2010-11-22 at 11:34 AM.

As a Blizzard Blue said once, they have many many many concepts for an expansion when they are in the creative phase.
    The content of Wotlk was weak and it's because of dev lazyness. Grizzlemaw dungeon, Gundrak raid, Nerubian underground zone (like a real zone) / raid.

I really hope they make up for it in Cata.

the last pic for sum reason is not showing the other stone...there is another stone that looks alot like the one in the pic to the right...but for sumreason its not showing it when I use tinypic

Last edited by Purenight; 2010-11-22 at 11:34 AM.

This expansion does seem a bit empty without a troll raid in it. That snake tail in Gundrak definitely needs some explaining...

I think they must have gotten a bit side tracked with trying to make ICC an epic end game raid. They went from spending a boat load of time on Ulduar (which was a famazing raid both in design and lore), to ToC (which was a half-hearted attempt at a filler at best), to throwing themselves behind ICC and Cataclysm. I think that their original intentions were probably to give us a Gundrak raid of sorts, but they simply got distracted with larger story lines.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it seems as if the more creative sides of the Xpac were flushed down the toilet to stream line the story

<insert the "not this shit again" pic of your choice here>
    I don't think there ever was a plan to have a gundrak raid ever.
    sure the snake tail is confusing but...
    - think about what you do in zul'drak once you cleared the drakuru mess and once you're done with the argent crusade quests
    - think about what you do in the 5 man gundrak instance
    - think about the usual layout for troll raids
    they do have a lot of silly guys at blizzard, but do you actually think they would use the same scheme three times in an expansion ? three times in the same zone ?
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    <insert the "not this shit again" pic of your choice here>
    I don't think there ever was a plan to have a gundrak raid ever.
    sure the snake tail is confusing but...
    - think about what you do in zul'drak once you cleared the drakuru mess and once you're done with the argent crusade quests
    - think about what you do in the 5 man gundrak instance
    - think about the usual layout for troll raids
    they do have a lot of silly guys at blizzard, but do you actually think they would use the same scheme three times in an expansion ? three times in the same zone ?
    what? please elaborate i don't think i get this. the troll raids havnt been the same Scheme :/
    Last edited by mmoc9616daefb1; 2010-11-22 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SerenitySaz View Post
    This expansion does seem a bit empty without a troll raid in it. That snake tail in Gundrak definitely needs some explaining...

I think they must have gotten a bit side tracked with trying to make ICC an epic end game raid. They went from spending a boat load of time on Ulduar (which was a famazing raid both in design and lore), to ToC (which was a half-hearted attempt at a filler at best), to throwing themselves behind ICC and Cataclysm. I think that their original intentions were probably to give us a Gundrak raid of sorts, but they simply got distracted with larger story lines.
    I think I heard they were already working on Cataclysm when WotLK launched, could be wrong, but that and Star Craft 2 and Diablo 3 take away from WotLK's and future expansion's potential =/

well the thing that always bugged me about gun was that well blizz has always made 5-mans in wrath go with a raid of sum kind, and there wasn't one for Gun/UK/AN