Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    kewl

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm kindof glad to see the shat/dal portals go.

1.) I am sick to death of Dalaran.
    2.) It'll be nice to be hearthed in my main city again.
    So somebody was forcing you to have your hearth set to Dalaran? How very strange...

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    They aren't getting removed. They are just coming out of hiding to re-join Darnassus. Hence, Night Elf mages.
    Ah well, what I meant was that you can or can't farm shen'dralar reputation anymore after the patch, I'm sure that summons it up.. new class/race available meaning you wont be able to farm rep with them no more after the patch. Which is not cool in my situation...

Quote Originally Posted by conzume View Post
    Ah well, what I meant was that you can or can't farm shen'dralar reputation anymore after the patch, I'm sure that summons it up.. new class/race available meaning you wont be able to farm rep with them no more after the patch. Which is not cool in my situation...
    Yeah you can't get the rep now. The Shattering will bring changes to the world and that includes the DM instance.

Quote Originally Posted by mordras View Post
    Yeah you can't get the rep now. The Shattering will bring changes to the world and that includes the DM instance.
    Ah ok, thanks for confirming, then my thought goes out that the patch has come to early, I needed a few days more hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprus View Post
    Patch available.
    What do you mean it is available? You can download it now? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Zzad View Post
    Been playing WoW for over 4 years and i dont consider myself a bad player.
    You seem a lot more of a bad player than i do just by your insulting words ¬¬ u just look like a fanboy.
    No the sky is not falling ´cause of a Nerf...true...but i only play Warlock...and let me tell you,we are the most nerfed class by far...always....
    At the moment classes seem so unbalanced to me,some classes can do all (tank,heal & dps) so pure classes should have a obvious plus in their only specialty.

Plus nerfing a class by reducing all skills dmg by 12% seems to be a very easy way to nerf...lazy as hell.
    Learn to accept peoples thoughts without insulting..... i look forward to enjoy my game without ppl like you too...so both happy
    They're reducing BASE damage by 12%. Do you actually know how your spell power and coefficients work? Let me explain this. Here's the descriptions for Chaos Bolt. Note that it says the spell does 1335-1695 damage. Do your Chaos Bolts do that much damage? Of course not, they do three or four times that much damage. Why? Spell power. MOST of the damage done by your spells is based on your Spell Power. That's a big part of why a level 80 Warlock in full 264-277 Epics does like 6 or 8 times as much DPS as a level 80 Warlock in blues (The rest is because they hit and crit more). They're nerfing base damage by 12%, which, at level 80 in decent gear, is probably like a 2-3% overall damage nerf. At level 85 it will matter even less, because you'll have even more spell power. For Cataclysm end game, this is probably a 1-2% overall damage nerf. It's perfectly reasonable.

I still say blizz should make slight changes to the models and make the mounts from zg and the crusader's mounts available, under a slightly different name, from the blizz store. would be cool for people like me who never got their tiger mount to have a chance at a tiger, although the people with the originals will have the original mount name and thus have a way to feel "superior" to those of us who didnt get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Yep, It was only 30MB so nothing too big. The patch before this (4.0.3) obviously had all of the new terrain data in it instead of with 4.0.3a.

Also, I am betting that we are going to see many maintenance delays as per usual. :-/

I'm downloading it currently. It's about 30MB.

wtf is up with warrior heal nerfs? they are great right now, considering pvp healers suck in AB...

why bother having the fking talents if they only heal a fraction of the health? talk about filler talents, most of the fury tree is filler talents... same with arms.

how long the servers r down for?

While everyone is exploring the "ZOMG new zone changes," I will be the idiot holy pally spamming Light of Dawn. Well, generating 1 point of holy power and immediately using it. I still like the animation, and even the end of the world can't stop me from the stupidity of me being me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    They're reducing BASE damage by 12%. Do you actually know how your spell power and coefficients work? Let me explain this. Here's the descriptions for Chaos Bolt. Note that it says the spell does 1335-1695 damage. Do your Chaos Bolts do that much damage? Of course not, they do three or four times that much damage. Why? Spell power. MOST of the damage done by your spells is based on your Spell Power. That's a big part of why a level 80 Warlock in full 264-277 Epics does like 6 or 8 times as much DPS as a level 80 Warlock in blues (The rest is because they hit and crit more). They're nerfing base damage by 12%, which, at level 80 in decent gear, is probably like a 2-3% overall damage nerf. At level 85 it will matter even less, because you'll have even more spell power. For Cataclysm end game, this is probably a 1-2% overall damage nerf. It's perfectly reasonable.
    The only problem is that they aren't reducing the base damage but coefficiency.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 07:15 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    People aren't very sure of what's going live with Patch 4.0.3a, and what will be added on December 7th with the actual release of the expansion. Will people be able to visit the new zones added to the old world such as Uldum or Mount Hyjal?

TC: Well, obviously those zones have been patched to players. They won't be available until players can level up. What we've done is kind of early stages... we've done a bit of terrain phasing to make them unavailable. But we're not gonna be surprised when players find a way to get in.

Ultimately what matters is that they can't actually do any of the quests until they're Cataclysm account enabled.
    So does this mean players can go to the new 80+ zones and start farming mats etc.?

Deleted
    Not until the 7th of December. All new instances and zones will be closed before the launch of Cataclysm.

EDIT: Correction, if you manage to squeeze your char through the barriers, I suppose you can farm mats.
    Last edited by mmocf873dce788; 2010-11-23 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is immortal achievement +title removed in 4.0.3 or in cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has extended maintenance to 1pm PST due to implementation taking longer than thought.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083608453
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-11-23 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Added link.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Not until the 7th of December. All new instances and zones will be closed before the launch of Cataclysm.

EDIT: Correction, if you manage to squeeze your char through the barriers, I suppose you can farm mats.
    You wont be able to farm anything for a few reasons.

1) Nodes might not be available.
    2) Mobs will spot you from a mile away and 1 shot you.
    3) There is no training to be able to farm.

15+ Year Old Account
    The damage and healing done by players from levels 1-79 has been retuned, with the base points of almost all spells and abilities reduced. This was done to bring combat times at low levels to a more reasonable length. For most abilities that deal weapon damage, the weapon damage percent now rises per level until level 80, and starts at a lower percent.
    How much longer does fights last now? 2 seconds? 20 seconds?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by netwar_ View Post
    Draenei druids makes a lot of sense for me, at least, much more than Worgens...
    A draenei druid makes about as much sense as a tauren paladin.
    Those who commune with the earth mother should not commune with the light.
    But thats just my opinion, I know it would be way outside of race balancing but I would of rather seen a undead paladin
    ya ya and for those who say thats impossible lore wise because the undead cant use the magic of the light what about
    the undead holy priest.
    Last edited by teh1tom; 2010-11-23 at 06:29 PM.