Windows 7 Orange Notification Flash

I was wondering if its possible to change that little orange notification flash when you receive an IM or an update of sorts, I'd like to make it a nice light blue color if possible.
    I'd post a picture but... alas I cannot

Could you be talking about a program that has a flashing taskbar icon when you received a new message? To my knowledge Windows doesn't have a built in IM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdiamond View Post
    Could you be talking about a program that has a flashing taskbar icon when you received a new message? To my knowledge Windows doesn't have a built in IM.
    No just the basic flashing on the windows bar, I use steam and when I get an IM on it, it flashes orange but I'd like to change that color but I do not think its possible now.

Regardless of program (STEAM, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo, Firefox, Game, Photoshop, etc..) if something "new" occurs on that page the task bar will, by default, flash orange. This is more notable with Instant Messaging simply due to the high activity on it however it can, technically, happen to any software that's present on the task bar. Flashing Orange is just Windows way of letting you know something is or has happened with that particular frame.

As far as changing the color to it, I'm not sure. I would have to look it up. It would seem logical that it could be done, though.