Thread: Gnome or Worgen

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Gnome or Worgen

Come Dec. 7th i will have before me one of the greatest dilemmas of my life (not really). I am going to change my human DISC priest to either a worgen or a gnome. I'm asking for advice, all i have in mind are racials focusing on a PvE environment. Worgen racial is +1%crit and gnome racial is +5%mana pool... Thx in advance...!
    Last edited by InnrHvn; 2010-12-02 at 06:06 AM.

i am in the same problem^^ my rogue is a gnome, i wanted to change it to worgen. from screens they seemed to me way too big and not agile, but in fact they are human/undead sized and look very cool in game.

i think i'll race change^^

Both are pretty bad. Dwarf or Draenei.

But if you HAVE to choose one of those, Worgen...because gnomes are terribad :P

gnomes are good^^

just worgen are better

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes I guess for racials in PvE. The int is nice. And if you do decide to PvP, Gnomes are always best in PvP for their hard to click selves.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggers View Post
    Both are pretty bad. Dwarf or Draenei.

But if you HAVE to choose one of those, Worgen...because gnomes are terribad :P
    How are Draenei or Dwarf's racials relevant for PvE on a DISC PRIEST or any priest at that???

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest + Worgen Sprint
    c'mon is it really hard?

Gnome if you're a healer. Worgen if you're Shadow.

depends are you healer or dps? and if so pvp, pve of both?
    if all is yes stay human the spirit boost is hit for shadow mana for heals, the trinket racial is shit however in pvp but good in pve when you need to get out of CC for heal the tank.
    worgen are good all around aswell.
    gnomes are good for pve heals and pvp both.
    Last edited by mordale; 2010-12-02 at 06:09 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Gnome if you're a healer. Worgen if you're Shadow.
    love the extra mana from gnomes...

Yeah. Bonus mana for Gnomes + snare removal makes them great healers for PVP and PVE. Darkflight + Crit makes Worgen great caster DPS for PVP and PVE.

Horde is more confusing. Goblin is the best 'all around' Shadow race in game, but Trolls racials are better for PVE. Blood Elves win as healers, but besides the extra longevity have nothing going for them in PVP. On the flip side Undead have useless PVE racials, but even after 7 nerfs to WotF they're still a great choice for PVP. Meh. You're not Horde so who cares. Top PVE and PVP race for Shadow is Worgen. Top PVE and PVP race for Holy/Disc is Gnome. Win/win.

How good is escape artist? I always feel that you are easily re-snared again. At least Worgen sprint would allow you to run behind a pillar or something. I am speaking strictly from a PvP perspective of course.

Gnome ofcourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

I`m sure that gnome would be better , but if you are holy ,human`s spirit racial (3%) will fit you more than 5% int from gnome.
    And as you can see ,I`m dwarf

ACTUALLY? go gnome there raicial is surprisingly good for cata. most healers will be around 68-70k mana but a gnome should be about 73-75k thats a few extra heals. much better than 1% crit imo im leveling a gnome currently and at level 69 i have 14k and im still wearing t2 pieces

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome, just becouse of casting animation, they have alot better then worgenz
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    How good is escape artist? I always feel that you are easily re-snared again. At least Worgen sprint would allow you to run behind a pillar or something. I am speaking strictly from a PvP perspective of course.
    Very good, actually. Probably stronger than Darkflight in the long run. Darkflight is better as Shadow because you already get Escape Artist on a shorter cooldown. You need good timing for it to be really useful, but with that timing Escape Artist is great. If you don't PVP with people who are half-decent at peeling it's not too great, but your race choice at that point won't matter much anyway.

Think of a situation where you have say a Warrior on you. Your peeler is say a Druid. They're waiting to see you snared by Hamstring, then they Cyclone the Warrior. You pop EA and get your Gnome butt out the way. Now imagine being a Worgen. The same happens and you hit Darkflight... and can't move. At all.

Now think the same, but it's a Rogue, so no Snare. The same occurs. The Gnome will move away at 107% speed. The Worgen will move away at only 42% speed while in Darkflight (/fail). The Gnome will get 2.5 times further. Now imagine it's a Shadow Priest. The Worgen now uses Fade and Darkflight and gets 1.3 times further than the Gnome got.

This is an interesting question that I have been thinking about myself, OP!

But I think it's more than what you are laying out.

Worgen: 1% crit, 40% runspeed - 3min CD, .75% resist nature, .75% resist shadow, skinning bonus, mount spell
    Gnome: 5% mana, snare removal - 1.75min CD, 1% resist arcane, engineering bonus, 3% dagger and 1h sword expertise

So for pvp CDs, gnome has a much better CD racial, both for purpose and also for CD. 40% runspeed is nice, but so what if you are snared at 50% of that? Lots of classes get talents for 15% runspeed bonuses and can catch you easily. So gnome > worgen for CDs for pvp. When comparing the CD abilites for pve, I think that it is sixes since different fights have different mechanics.

However, the 1% crit for worgens is great for Disc, helping proc DA more frequently. It's also strong for shadow. comparing 1% crit vs 5% total mana, I think that the throughput that 1% crit gives you is much stronger than a 2k larger mana pool.

Also, having resistance to both shadow and nature damage, probably the 2 most common types of damage in the game for pve and pvp, the worgen racial will again do much more for you concerning mitigation.

All of the other stuff in my mind is just fancy stuff that is irrelevant.

Personally, I have a Night Elf druid that I rolled back when there were priest racial spells. I rolled it for Starshards, for shadowmeld (that back then you could drink while shadowmelded), and for Elune's grace (15% chance to be missed by physical attacks). Now those are gone, and shadowmeld is pretty meh for a priest compared to any of the other racials out there, both for pvp and pve (bosses will see through it in pve and still kill you, and it doesnt let you drink, and in pvp it only buys you 1 GCD when it de-targets you from your enemy, but then they immediately re-target you, so it's pretty worthless).

So, all that said, I'd go gnome for pvp, and worgen for pve, just based off of the different CD abilities that they have. For all-purpose use, I'd go for worgen. I'm still undecided on what I'll be doing more of, so I have yet to decide!

Deleted
    Worgen WONT be available for race change at cata release and prolly wont be until a few months into cata, so its gnome or NOTHING....