Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Population of LGBT WoW players?

Trolls/Flamers: Please keep your beliefs in your pants, I don't care about whether or not you believe that God hates fags or whatever.

Is there a significant amount of openly LGBT players?
    I have only come across two, both in my guild.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I too am gay. I'm just wondering if there is a larger population of LGBT players, being one.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2010-12-02 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    What's LGBT?

On my first server I played on there was an enitre guild, I always thought it was a joke until I ended up in vent with them for a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    What's LGBT?
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.

Never come across that term before?

I guess http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT ?

/edit

I know a few gay people, two in my guild and a few in my raid group. Never heard anybody being bi or lesbian nor transgender. Not much difference from people I also know outside the game.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2010-12-02 at 03:26 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

s

I believe there was some drama awhile back because an LGBT guild was banned because they said it violated the TOS to have a guild based overtly on sexuality in a game that bars public discussion about sex in regular channels. However, I think they were reinstated. I don't remember much more than that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender. My sister-in-law is a lesbian but she doesn't play. My guild is mostly guys but the 2 women are married to men. I don't think it's something that would really need to be shared to anyone in game since its irrelevant to gameplay. So I doubt there would be many who share their sexual preferences to anyone but guild mates.

I'm a gay man. I've come across I think 3 other gay/lesbian people while playing.

All i know is that theres an entire guild on proudmoore which has the largest population of LGBT in one guild.

http://stonewallchampions.org/

this is their guild website
    Last edited by Brendanb; 2010-12-02 at 03:29 PM.

Back when Vanilla launched and I was a guildleader, I asked a guild member to stop with some homophobic language. A few minutes later another member whispered me to thank me. I'd honesty thought they were a girl, turned out to be a gay guy.

Felt good about that

Deleted
    There probably is a fairly significant proportion of openly LGBT players on WoW. I most likely have come across some, but as WoW has essentially no relevance to it, they quite sensibly haven't decided to bring it up for no reason at all.

I don't think I've ever joined a random heroic and had someone say they're heterosexual.

Deleted
    I know someone who wants a sex change.

OP, no one cares. If someone's race/sexual orientation/religion bother you so much, you need to seek help immediately because you are not normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my ex-boyfriend used to play together (yeah, I'm a guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    OP, no one cares. If someone's race/sexual orientation/religion bother you so much, you need to seek help immediately because you are not normal.
    i dont remember it ever saying that it bothered him that there were LGBT players, he was just curious of the amount.

Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    I don't think it's something that would really need to be shared to anyone in game since its irrelevant to gameplay. So I doubt there would be many who share their sexual preferences to anyone but guild mates.

^ This. I have two gay men in my guild - both are, coincidentally, great players. However, I would not have known they were gay had they not told me one evening after someone made a gay joke during a raid. Neither of them were offended, in fact they both admitted to having laughed, but I'm not quite sure how or why sexuality is relevant to the WoW. Are you asking for people to out themselves on the forums or something?

edit : quote got messed up

I'm a gay male and in a gay guild which consists of about 30 people (about five or so of our members are straight).

On our server, there are at least two other gay guilds, one of which is considerably larger than the one I'm in.

So on my sever alone, there are at least 100 openly gay people (undoubtedly more).

I also used to be on the Proudmoore server, which also has multiple gay guilds. One of these is so large that they had to create multiple guilds in order to hold all of its members.

That's just two servers.

Surely you don't believe that there are really only two openly gay people that play WoW. If you do, please get out more!

Taint on Proudmoore is the Horde LGBT guild on that server, Stonewall is the Alliance side on Proudmoore.

I'm not sure which is bigger, but I think Taint is.

I know only one, friend of mine. he plays NE male priest, i dont know he server now =X

Gay guy here. I play with 3 other gay guys as well. I know of at least 6 (This number went up like 3 times as I was posting this and remembering more) others whom I've played with, and a lesbian woman. Plus I met a transgendered FTM individual. So yes, there's a substantial gay community. That, or I just attract other gay guys, which I'm OK with (Even if it's in an MMO) XD