Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    We have a system in Canadian tv that would work for that.
    We warn before any tv show about the content of the show, legally you can't attack the show or network about the show.
    Because you were warned you might not tolerate it.

By law any tv show from simpsons to south park has to post you might not like it.
    Afterwards they do not censor swearing sex or anything, you were warned before hand.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 09:25 AM ----------

Agreed
    What system is that? I don't recall anything about having no liability being presented before a TV is played.

If he or she was like, totally sexy and I wanted to be manhandled by them...

Or I guess the radiation thing is bad, too.
    Who doesn't love a good manhadling? Getting borderline sexually assaulted for the sake of security is fun too. Not as fun as having a military security guard holding an automatic weapon pointed at you while shouting but it's still fun.
    What wet dreams are made of!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_parade

I suppose these people are just on a scavenger hunt for more friends! No, I didn't think so. Maybe the OP's post was genuine, but having "lived" their condition in real life, they should know topics like this do more harm than good. If I were Jewish, I would not waltz into a Neo-Nazi meeting asking if there were any fellow Jews to talk to. They know the kind of population that plays WoW, and frequents these forums. Any intelligent person would know this.

Maybe I expect too much out of people. =(
    Yeah... So you assume that because there isn't an obvious presence in WoW of LGBT that they must all be straight males? And anyone who thinks there might be minorities must be an idiot?

I never saw a lot of Quebec people on my server. I thought it was a US, American server. Hay, guess what, there's two sister guilds with like 800 people in them all from Quebec.

We only 'know what kind of population' that plays WoW based on who we see. And on the forums, we normally see a lot of moronic pigs, ragers, and super-extremist nerds. That's what gets published and that's why the general public thinks we're all weird.

And look at what happens when someone does come out, looking for fellow players into the same stuff he's into... I wonder WHY we assume there are no gay people playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that male homosexuality is the most accepted of the four, and transgender is the least accepted. At least in north american popular culture. There's definitely inequality.

All of these are more acceptable in north american popular culture however than they are in Islamic society. So be glad you don't live there. I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    OK so maybe specifically limiting a guild to let's say, lesbians, would be border-line wrong. However, it could be argued that it's just a group of like-minded people with similar choices and having other (let's say straight) people could compromise that sense of "security" and "comfort".
    End of the day 'Mature' is the only descrimination thats really acceptable
    If your guild is truely mature anything should be acceptable, as in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Ya, it's still not even close to being generally accepted.
    Every day is a living hell for me. Being the oldest out of 3 kids and having two younger brothers who are like the best at sports who my mother is so proud of and toting them around to this practice and that practice and I get to be the dirty family secret who gets shunned and put away when company comes over. I deal with enough bull as is inside of my own household and then have to go out into a world where I deal with equal if not more intolerance. And people wonder why people kill themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Well, it makes sense for a minority who is openly hated against by millions to want to seek peace and friendship with others who are similar to themselves. Where it's safe and a comfortable environment.

It makes no sense for a majority to strive for being around other people who are like them, because spit, and it'll likely land on someone in the same majority as you. You are rarely discriminated against, there is no reason for you to seek the same comfort and peaceful presence of other's like you, because you're already surrounded by them.
    I'd love to find other white males who can't get money for college because of the color of their skin. Well, damn. Looks like that IS the majority. Shucks. I wonder when they'll start giving out scholarships for not being straight?

Minorities have it tough. =(
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Wow, go away from the boards for a few days and come back to another one of these threads. Wonderful.

I have to say that the only useful, on topic posts were those from people identifying themselves as LGBT and which server they were on. The rest of this discussion is fairly useless. There is no reason to bring up sexual preference in game, in any way shape or form. It is called "World of Warcraft" not "World of Pridecraft."

Now before you all go and flame me, yes, I am straight. You know what that means? Not a damn thing. Gay or straight, I could not care less. Sexual orientation belongs in the bedroom. Have I come across LGBT people in game? Not that I know of. If they were, they kept it to themselves, mostly because our guild is a bunch of cranky old men, with very defined, conservative values, and gay people would definitely not feel welcome in our vent. We are more concerned if you can do your job in a raid than whom you choose to sleep with.

I have gotten so frustrated reading all 38 pages (at time of writing), with this whole thread. Gay people only make themselves a focus for negativity by advertising that they are gay. (personal opinion). Why can you not just be Canadian/American/German etc.? Why does it always have to be prefaced with 'gay'?

Like I said, I don't care who or what you choose to sleep with. Can you do your job in a raid? That is all that should matter. This thread should not have gone on this long, but it appears Lysah has an agenda that needs to be furthered. And yes Lysah I am calling you out. Your moderation of this thread has been very unprofessional, especially by locking opposing opinion threads. I know those threads were started out of spite for this thread, and I agree with locking them, but this one should have been locked as well. Neither those threads nor this have anything do do with actual WoW gameplay.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    We don't have to be intolerant of intolerance. If we just teach our children not to hate, the world will grow up a little better with each generation. Eventually, these problems will cease to exist, and there will be no one left who is bothered by that fact.
    Haha, what I said was confusing... But yes, that's the end goal... Sometimes, I do wish we were all grey blobs. I think on some levels it would be so much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    What system is that? I don't recall anything about having no liability being presented before a TV is played.

Who doesn't love a good manhadling? Getting borderline sexually assaulted for the sake of security is fun too. Not as fun as having a military security guard holding an automatic weapon pointed at you while shouting but it's still fun.
    CTRA i think is the legal name for it.
    Canadian broadcasting standards council.

When a show like south park plays on a Canadian station its not edited or muted we show Muhammad we say swears etc
    You cant sue the station because of the warnings between commercials.

My point anyway is:
    When it gets to the argument of one persons rights over another, its down to don't focus on it if you hate it.
    Respect the oher persons rights and look away.

When someone says something its their right to say it, and your right to say i disagree, after that you should walk away before it becomes a fight which is not protected by either sides rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to find other white males who can't get money for college because of the color of their skin. Well, damn. Looks like that IS the majority. Shucks. I wonder when they'll start giving out scholarships for not being straight?

It's late, your comment went over my head. Are you sarcastically mocking my post, or agreeing?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    Every day is a living hell for me. Being the oldest out of 3 kids and having two younger brothers who are like the best at sports who my mother is so proud of and toting them around to this practice and that practice and I get to be the dirty family secret who gets shunned and put away when company comes over. I deal with enough bull as is inside of my own household and then have to go out into a world where I deal with equal if not more intolerance. And people wonder why people kill themselves.
    I'm just glad to have a loving and understanding family, I wish you the best =[

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh but it does, for so many reasons. Things that define you as unique are merely things that you can attribute to a small group of people, such as your hobbies. Since homosexuality affects such a small group, it IS a defining characteristic of their persona. Conversely, heterosexuality does NOT define someone because it is so wide spread.
    This is completely incorrect.

In years gone by people who were not heterosexual cried for equal rights and to be treated equally because their sexuality had no bearing on who they are as a member of society.

You cannot legally define any minority by a certain trait whether it is religious choice, ethnicity or sexual preferences.

If a guild or a topic on these forums was created that was for heterosexuals only I can imagine the complete uproar and outrage.

Discrimination in any form is still discrimination and in fact discrimination for by the people involved themselves is the worst kind because it self perpetuates a difference.

so please, before you start making claims of what is and what is not ok to define a person as do some research.

Any employer refusing to employ someone because of the sexual preference would face a lawsuit in an instant because that person would be claiming (rightly) that their sexual preference was irrelevant to their ability to fulfill the job requirements and similarily a person's sexual preference is irrelevant to their game playing ability or otherwise (regardless if it is wow or any other game).

I've been an active member of these forums for some time and it is very disheartening to see them stoop to this level.

A senior moderator actively participating and supporting (and thereby perpetuating) a difference based on one part of someone's personality is, quite frankly, offensive.
    Last edited by Hakto; 2010-12-03 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually here we have scholarships for gays lesbians etc and any other minority
    Where you will be forced into paying full price if your a white hetero male.
    To try to keep a job my gay friends told me to fake being gay, they were going to give me a make-over.

I declined because if i cant have the job as a white male im not going to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboncor View Post
    Then what does the former VP have to do with games? Given the context, you seemed to be saying that the threats faced by members of the LGBT community were less than material. With any other meaning your statement doesn't make sense.
    Negative.
    If you read the post to which I replied, you would see that the person indicated they sought LGBT individuals within the WoW community, so that they could have a safe environment to play the game in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    ...the main reason why LGBT people seek out other LGBT people is to have a safe environment to play the game in without being ridiculed and harassed and treated like crap.
    My comment involving Dick Cheney revolved around two points.

First, the obvious - creating imaginary bad guys that people needed to be protected from.
    I contend that his assertion that there is an 'unsafe environment' within WoW for LGBT players is asinine.
    Aside from the fact that discriminatory remarks or behaviour is ban-worthy, I've found that no such environment exists.

I also took great exception to Phate's post, because from his wording, the only way LGBT people can have a safe environment is with other LGBT individuals.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a person say.
    Thus, point two; creating an 'us vs them' mentality.

It is wholly unacceptable, and outright ridiculous, to imply that if you are not among the aforementioned groups, you are against them.
    It is also unacceptable to imply that simply because a person belongs to one of said groups, that they are friendly to the others - albeit not outright crass.

This, in my opinion, parallels the behaviour of former US Vice President Dick Cheney.
    If you don't see the parallels, then you never will.

However, I again make the statement, that I would LOVE to see the scars you have from internet bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    tl;dr (jklol)
    This thread is related to WoW, even if it got off topic. I refuse to censor public discussions, you can add your complaint to the extremely long list of threads people think we should be locking and deleting. If you all had your way, forums would cease to exist at all.

Hakto,
    I think you misunderstand.

It sure did. The OP got 37 pages of it. It's a Pride Parade up in MMOC!
    Amazingly, if we take the comments by people who aren't gay, or don't know any gay people and people having to respond to them from the 'How many gay people play wow' thread, we're left with a few pages of people saying hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grim-raper View Post
    if sum1 from my guild would out himself id say "oh hey thats interesting" and then kick him asap when hes offline and put him on ignore
    e: ofc not if theyre hot lesbians but thats a rare combination i guess
    I so hope you are kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    End of the day 'Mature' is the only descrimination thats really acceptable
    If your guild is truely mature anything should be acceptable, as in real life
    Unfortunately, completely maturity in this world is not an option. I'd personally welcome anyone into a guild but immediately kick someone if they made someone feel uncomfortable about their sexual preference/gender/etc.

Some people just tend to feel more comfortable around others that share the same ideals as them. That's not a crime either. ^_^
    What wet dreams are made of!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    This is completely incorrect.

In years gone by people who were not heterosexual cried for equal rights and to be treated equally because their sexuality had no bearing on who they are as a member of society.

You cannot legally define any minority by a certain trait whether it is religious choice, ethnicity or sexual preferences.

If a guild or a topic on these forums was created that was for heterosexuals only I can imagine the complete uproar and outrage.

Discrimination in any form is still discrimination and in fact discrimination for by the people involved themselves is the worst kind because it self perpetuates a difference.

so please, before you start making claims of what is and what is not ok to define a person as do some research.

Any employer refusing to employ someone because of the sexual preference would face a lawsuit in an instant because that person would be claiming (rightly) that their sexual preference was irrelevant to their ability to fulfill the job requirements and similarily a person's sexual preference is irrelevant to their game playing ability or otherwise (regardless if it is wow or any other game).

I've been an active member of these forums for some time and it is very disheartening to see them stoop to this level.

A senior moderator actively participating and supporting (and thereby perpetuating) a difference based on one part of someone's personality is, quite frankly, offensive.
    Your going to vanish soon but id like to say i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    Wow, go away from the boards for a few days and come back to another one of these threads. Wonderful.

I have to say that the only useful, on topic posts were those from people identifying themselves as LGBT and which server they were on. The rest of this discussion is fairly useless. There is no reason to bring up sexual preference in game, in any way shape or form. It is called "World of Warcraft" not "World of Pridecraft."

Now before you all go and flame me, yes, I am straight. You know what that means? Not a damn thing. Gay or straight, I could not care less. Sexual orientation belongs in the bedroom. Have I come across LGBT people in game? Not that I know of. If they were, they kept it to themselves, mostly because our guild is a bunch of cranky old men, with very defined, conservative values, and gay people would definitely not feel welcome in our vent. We are more concerned if you can do your job in a raid than whom you choose to sleep with.

I have gotten so frustrated reading all 38 pages (at time of writing), with this whole thread. Gay people only make themselves a focus for negativity by advertising that they are gay. (personal opinion). Why can you not just be Canadian/American/German etc.? Why does it always have to be prefaced with 'gay'?

Like I said, I don't care who or what you choose to sleep with. Can you do your job in a raid? That is all that should matter. This thread should not have gone on this long, but it appears Lysah has an agenda that needs to be furthered. And yes Lysah I am calling you out. Your moderation of this thread has been very unprofessional, especially by locking opposing opinion threads. I know those threads were started out of spite for this thread, and I agree with locking them, but this one should have been locked as well. Neither those threads nor this have anything do do with actual WoW gameplay.
    For reading this whole thread, you sure id not read like anything posted here.

The game isn't just the game and only the game and nothing but the game and everything else is banned indefinetly. People play the game. People are social animals. Social animals flock to be with social animals with similar interests or lifestyles. If you're so hardcore about the game and no socializing then go play WoW or sit in ElitistJerks.

And, those aren't opposing opinion threads, those were like, laced with personal attacks.

And based on your opinion, your post is not 100% about actual WoW gameplay, so it should be deleted.