Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Bring back portals

this is a petition to request that blizzard to restore all town portals back to where they were.because portals were a useful tool for getting around and despite what they nay sayers believe. a lot of bank alts and others will still hang around dalaran and shatt regardless so the only people that profit from this will be the mages that can still portal at will.removing the portals wont change a thing cos people will continue to loiter around shatt and dalaran doing their same old routine removing portals will not make players travel to visit older content any faster quite the opposite theyll still park in dalaran itll be the early days of Lich King all over again when mages were charging 50 to 100g per ride.bottom line is people dont want to use portals fine then go ahead and sightsee all you want but why should the non mages that want to travel quickly have to suffer? if they want to encourage players to see more of the new content in the old world then i guess these people that think portals serve no more purpose wouldnt have a problem not paying a mage? lets send a clear message and get our portals back if you agree just respond and lets make our voices heard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill00x View Post
    this is a petition to request that blizzard to restore all town portals back to where they were.because portals were a useful tool for getting around and despite what they nay sayers believe. a lot of bank alts and others will still hang around dalaran and shatt regardless so the only people that profit from this will be the mages that can still portal at will.removing the portals wont change a thing cos people will continue to loiter around shatt and dalaran doing their same old routine removing portals will not make players travel to visit older content any faster quite the opposite theyll still park in dalaran itll be the early days of Lich King all over again when mages were charging 50 to 100g per ride.bottom line is people dont want to use portals fine then go ahead and sightsee all you want but why should the non mages that want to travel quickly have to suffer? if they want to encourage players to see more of the new content in the old world then i guess these people that think portals serve no more purpose wouldnt have a problem not paying a mage? lets send a clear message and get our portals back if you agree just respond and lets make our voices heard
    if they did only three portals should be allowed - one to org- one to SW - and one to shat in dal.

no they need to restore shatt/dalaran portals to capitals thats all we ask for nothing more nothing less

I disagree with you. Dalaran had portals because people loitered there and had quick access to raids, but still needed a way to access the auction house. Cities have auction houses and u can fly to your raids or take a zepp across continents.

And if Shatt or Dal had portals, everyone would just stay there in old content zones with access to portals, ah, and trainers. Whats the point of remodeling major cities?
    Last edited by BaseStamp; 2010-12-06 at 08:20 AM.

your gonna be able to fly stop complaining = /. if portals still existed everyone would just stick in dalaran instead of going out and enjoying the redone cities. i personally am glad they removed them. this will also help world pvp slightly when horde attack alliance cities and and such since people wont be sitting in dalaran bored.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

No, stop being dumb. Other than leveling or rep grinding, there is NO reason to really be in Outland or Northrend right now. So stop being an idiot and move all your stuff. Seriously, it takes like MAYBE 5 minutes to get back to your home city no matter where you are or what level you are. I seriously don't see the point in keeping bank alts or whatever in those zones. I have NEVER paid for or used a mage portal unless one was dropped at the end of a raid/weekly. I just don't see the point and why people make such a big deal about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope i like it this way

whah whah whah I cant get to anywhere I want to instantly without paying a mage whah whah whah. How hard is it to pay some mage or....I dunno, find your own way there. I have bought ports from mages about 5 times I think. The rest of the time I can find my own way there. But then again I'm notone of those whiny bitches who joins a raid then sits on his fat ass in dal waiting for a port to icc after 40 mins.

no they need to restore shatt/dalaran portals to capitals thats all we ask for nothing more nothing less
    BLizz has been working on this game fr years now, probably more years than you've been alive from what i've seen....

They've put millions of dollars and have all their staff examining what needs to be done and whats best for the game.

This is one of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) no sane people ever said portals were not useful
    2) petition threads are fail
    3) this is not the official wow forum, noone will care
    4) post it on the official forum, and enjoy your ban/lock
    5) use punctuation and line breaks
    6) qq = fail

Deleted
    1. No.
    2. Use some interpunction.
    3. Why do you think that we care? Blizzard employees doesn't read this forums anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solution: Re-Roll a Mage!

he's too wimpy to use his own account to QQ i think.
    that's why he creates a new one

As a mage, I'm happy about the portal removal.. since then I've been raking the money in. *Puts on sunglasses*
    Ouuu eee uw ah ah ting tang wola wola bing bang

Quote Originally Posted by tigrens View Post
    as a mage, i'm happy about the portal removal.. Since then i've been raking the money in. *puts on sunglasses*
    yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this aint as bad as u make it lol i personally dont mind the missing portal at all of btw as some1 else said before me go go make a mage and the problem is solved or ask a guildie to come and make u a portal to wherever u want!
    Retired

Here's a hint: there are new portals and you can also fly.

removing portals will not change the way players conduct business and no matter how much the blizzard fanboys deluded themselves into thinking even without them the players will still hang out in shatt or dalaran so in the end what did they accomplish? NOTHING AT ALL and the sooner the fanboys wake up and realise the truth the quicker the game will get back on track the only ones that will profit from this change are mages last time i checked this was "World of Warcraft" not "World of waiting 10 min for a boat just to go see old world content"

I am glad portals are gone