How is guild activity calculated?

Does any one have any information on how its calculated? I cant seem to find anything on it.

I would like to know this as well. Bump.
    Centric Legends ~ www.centriclegends.com

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no idea and i would truly love to know. :/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eased View Post
    I would like to know this as well. Bump.
    yup, same here, someone smart pls awser

Well since it has a cap similar to the weekly guild xp and rep caps my guess is some combination of contributions/earnings of those.

Deleted
    I would guess an average of contribution per hour or so? Not sure though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to know also, bump!

I've been wondering this as well. 10+ people in my guild share the first place with the exact same number.

any news on this? would like to know..

My YouTube channel - Beta videos & raid videos!

bumping this. Very curious...

Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    Does any one have any information on how its calculated? I cant seem to find anything on it.
    It's rather simple, and was very easy to figure out.

The answer you seek is, when ever you, yourself, gain XP, even at 85 each quest and daily has a xp value to it, therefore any XP you "Would" gain, 25% of that is the number that gets added to your "Guild Activity". And not tested but I would assume "Guild Groups" for dungons and raids would also contribute. But as I have noticed so far it's only quests and daily's

If you dont beleive me then simple, for instance look at your current activity and write it down, then go do for instance the Uldum daily "Thieving Little Pluckers" that quest is valued at 32,950 xp, which is what you would earn and what the guild would earn if the guild is not capped, 25% of that is 8237.5 (blizz rounds up) you will see that your "Guild Activity" has gone up by that exact number. If you wish to test more, simply look up the quest on wowhead for the XP value and times it by .25 and that is what you earn.

EDIT:
    so in all reality, if you take your "Guild Activity" number and multiply that by 1.25 then that is how much XP you have earned from quests and dailies. (and possiably "Guild Groups", as I still havent tested that yet)
    Last edited by Logaholics; 2010-12-16 at 11:07 PM.

I'm not convinced it's that simple. I say that because I have a higher lifetime guild activity total than other of my guild mates, and I'm only level 84 while they're 85 already (and have been for a few days). I believe that questing XP contributes to it, but there has to be more. That of they took less XP to level to 85 than me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by nschwen View Post
    I'm not convinced it's that simple. I say that because I have a higher lifetime guild activity total than other of my guild mates, and I'm only level 84 while they're 85 already (and have been for a few days). I believe that questing XP contributes to it, but there has to be more. That of they took less XP to level to 85 than me. :P
    I think it was bugged on the first few days so if you are still leveling you are getting more xp than those who got to 85 right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Logaholics View Post
    EDIT:
    so in all reality, if you take your "Guild Activity" number and multiply that by 1.25 then that is how much XP you have earned from quests and dailies. (and possiably "Guild Groups", as I still havent tested that yet)
    Assuming your guild activity is 0.25 (or 1/4) of your xp earned, then your xp earned is 4 times the amount of your guild activity, not 1.25 times more. (right o.O?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure any info in this is accurate any more (released at the start of Cata), so I'm going to close this necro.