Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    Yes, you can!
    What is it with you people and christmas hats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Also: Watch Spirited away nao!
    i are going to sleepz nao!

(and make belieeeve with yoouuu... <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    christmas hats are christmassy christmas things for more christmasish christmas mood.. i guess...
    the mods started it.

as for me, i'm just trying desperately to get into christmas mood because it's hard when i'm the only one who isn't -.-^^
    (although i made it less striking for my own avatar)
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-12-08 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Mods started by sending out the Christmas Spirit!
    Others followed :P
    Dawwwwwww

My christmas hat is cooler than yours!

And if spirited away is allowed, why no mention of avatar, the last airbender? (I didn't notice any mention of it anyway)
    Technically a cartoon as well, but a great story in my opinion.

I love you for putting Spice and Wolf up there...
    Honestly, the best animé i've ever seen. even downloaded 4 of the light novels translated into english. took me 7 days or something to find them :x
    Haha, then you got a nice GM. Once had a guildy who's ZG snake "TrouserSnake" was renamed (by the GM) to Bob. Since this was way back in Vanilla, we all laughed at him and his snake that got "Bobbed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippr View Post
    Honestly, the best animé i've ever seen. even downloaded 4 of the light novels translated into english. took me 7 days or something to find them :x
    I myself have seen the first season, and I loved every second of it! The scenery, the characters, the movement.. It's so adorable as it is cute. <3

Off:

Didn't you know? Christmas hats + accessories(dunno if it's spelled right) are IN!

All the cool kids in the playground started doing it, so we simply had to follow =D
    (Note, Cool kids = Moderators / Admins, Playground = An internet Forum... It's a metaphor!)

Sy, I think you would like Spirited Away >>> less<<< than Mononoke...
    I mean, if you aren't into fighting kind of anime, Spirited Away doesn't have much at all. More mystical / charming I think...
    And lovely music <3

>>> More... I said MORE!<<<
    /cry.
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-10 at 01:33 AM.

I've seen plenty but the ones worth noting would be Neon Genesis Evangelion (check the new 2 movies if you are for "zomg quality <3"), Ghost in the Shell movies + TV series and Serial Experiments Lain.

Afro Samurai and Hellsing (OVAs) are good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't wanna be an emo, but i always liked naruto due to humor/drama/action variations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

10+ Year Old Account
    All the cool kids in the playground started doing it, so we simply had to follow =D
    (Note, Cool kids = Moderators / Admins, Playground = An internet Forum... It's a metaphor!)
    Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a poet!

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 11:22 AM ----------

Also highly recommend watching Les Maisones en Petites Cubes
    Just one short OVA... but its great.

WARNING:
    Melancholy. Lots. I cried. Pretty hard.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    My christmas hat is cooler than yours!
    well, my christmassy avatar is unrivalled anyway, so i'm fine with your hat being the coolest.
    And if spirited away is allowed, why no mention of avatar, the last airbender? (I didn't notice any mention of it anyway)
    Technically a cartoon as well, but a great story in my opinion.
    of course they both are "allowed" (as long as the main focus stays on anime, i don't mind anything related like cartoons, manga, ect) and i think Avatar has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    I myself have seen the first season, and I loved every second of it! The scenery, the characters, the movement.. It's so adorable as it is cute. <3
    i haven't seen the 2nd season yet (i wanted to preserve it for later^^), but i love the first one too!
    i don't have any anime i'd call "the best i've ever seen", because many of them are just too different to make a direct comparison, but Spice and Wolf is one of my top favorites.

All the cool kids in the playground started doing it
    i like how you're purposely speaking in past tense, when you actually know that you're one of said cool kids now ;]
    Sy, I think you would like Spirited Away less than Mononoke...
    I mean, if you aren't into fighting kind of anime, Spirited Away doesn't have much at all. More mystical / charming I think...
    And lovely music <3
    i guess you wanted to write "more", didn't you?
    and it's not like i never like any fighting in animes btw. there are just very few animes with main focus on fighting that still have a good story and the like too (i'm not refering to Mononoke here).

like i said earlier, i liked Mononoke. but i wasn't too impressed either.
    i guess my two main points of critique are
    1) the overly perfect happy ending (both a little unlogical and not really fitting into the relatively mature atmosphere of the rest)
    2) the story is trying too hard to be deep (different perspectives and personalities) without beeing complex enough (to actually realistically portray those two Ps^^). it's still good, but not good enough for me to think of the anime as one of my real favorites.

both points are of course subjective and i do have respect for every story that manages to be interesting for people of nearly all age, which is after all probably the reason for both.

oh and i wanted to see more of the two becoming closer :x they were cute.
    (yeah, i do realize the anime wasn't mainly about their relationship.)

now regarding Spirited Away.. like i said multiple times already, i will watch it some time. constantly telling me to watch it is probably not going to help much^^

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/LaplaceNoMa

score 8-10 = must watch if you didn't do it yet
    there is a bit of reluctance regarding people who combine the words "must" and "watch", when refering to subjective anime preferences, in this thread :x
    but yeah, interesting list, although you don't seem to like romance quite as much as i do (ef=7? tsk)^^

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Ghost in the Shell movies
    have to watch it some time..

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBlunder View Post
    Don't wanna be an emo, but i always liked naruto due to humor/drama/action variations.
    i don't really get why you would have to be an emo for liking that^^

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    Melancholy. Lots. I cried. Pretty hard.
    ever since i watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, i don't really know if i want to watch something really sad again -.-^^
    it was one of the best animes i've seen, but i was really down for quite a while..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    That certainly looks interesting, will have to watch.
    -Judic

For the not so hardcore anime watchers that like action based animes like DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, etc, i recommend Souleater, it's also on netflix if you enjoy dub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym3103 View Post
    For the not so hardcore anime watchers that like action based animes like DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, etc, i recommend Souleater, it's also on netflix if you enjoy dub
    Hmmm I would not group that with DBZ or Naruto... Does have similarities to Bleach, only difference is Soul Eater seems a lot more enjoyable to me. More humor, original animation style/setting. I like.
    -Judic

Deleted
    I haven't read all the comments yet so I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but what about Naruto? I like Naruto, it's the only anime I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroz View Post
    I haven't read all the comments yet so I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but what about Naruto? I like Naruto, it's the only anime I've ever seen.
    i understand that you didn't fell like reading 25 pages^^
    but as soon as someone mentiones the word "anime", you can assume someone else to respond "naruto!" ;]
    of course it has been mentioned. as for me, i didn't watch it and i don't really feel like doing so. but depending on your preferences, you may find a few other anime you'd probably like in this thread

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~duongsaa/mor...animeRules.htm

Ill just post it here, see how many animes you can come up with for each rule

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    http://www.cs.utah.edu/~duongsaa/mor...animeRules.htm

Ill just post it here, see how many animes you can come up with for each rule
    *points at bahumut5's sig*

very funny rules, although i probably lack the greater knowledge of "typical" animes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Every Action, Mecha, Ecchi, Adventure, Shounen, Shounen-Romance, Harem manga/anime?
    The first ones that came up to my mind were; DBZ, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.
    i do know where the rules come from, but it's more from single scenes or the like that i've seen on youtube or as a kid.
    i have watched neither of those four you just mentioned (well, except for a few single episodes here and there), and nearly no typical "Action, Mecha, Ecchi, Adventure, Shounen, Shounen-Romance" (refering to main focus of the anime). and most of the harem anime i watched aren't the typical ones either (although many of the rules still apply of course).

but my favorite is #40 anyway^^
    Law of Nasal Sanguination- When sexually aroused, males in Anime don’t get
    erections, they get nosebleeds. [...]